Used Eclipse – Missing Presets?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Used Eclipse – Missing Presets?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      wvought
      Participant

I just bought a gently used Eclipse, and now notice that some of the presets appear to be missing:

110, 111, 169, 171, 172, 173, 179, 188, 199

The manual says the factory presets (100 – 499) cannot be deleted, so I’m wondering why my unit is missing the above presets.

Thanks.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Try updating to the latest version (seeTide Web Site), and re-initializing (see User Manual).

If thatv does not work (see vendor).

PS – make sure your manual is in step with the software.

wvought
      Participant

I’m going to try updating via CompactFlash card. 

The instructions say “Using your browser, download the Update Card files and save them to disk.”

However, I can’t find a download link for the files on the instructions page, nor can I find a download on the Eventide site. The one download I did find on the Eventide site is for the serial port method.

wvought
      Participant

Re-initialzing didn’t solve the problem. I’m going to try updating via CompactFlash card.

The instructions say “Using your browser, download the Update Card files and save them to disk.”

However, I can’t find a download link for the Update Card files in the instructions, nor can I find a download on the Eventide site. The one download I did find on the EVentide site was for the serial port.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Uh, look on the Eclipse Downloads page.

The link you want is:

Eclipse Software V4.01 (Mac/Win)

English | Version: Compact Flash Card | Release date: July 30, 2014 | Release Notes

https://www.eventideaudio.com/downloader/846

wvought
      Participant

Thank you. 

I won’t be able to get a CF card until Monday. If I do this update will it at least theoretically install the missing programs?

Also, my unit says System Version V4.04. The update files are for V4.01, so it seems like I’ll be going backward.

wvought
      Participant

Also, the manual says ANY size (capacity) CF card will work, but I saw a post on this forum saying it’s better to stick with the smaller ones. 

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

V4.01 and V4.04 are essentailly the same. The differences are for production purposes.

We recommend the use of a card of 2G or less.

wvought
      Participant

Thank you.

However, I have since stumbled upon the Eclipse Presets List, and to my surprise the “missing” presets were never supposed to be there in the first place. I simply didn’t know that some numbers were intentionally skipped by Eventide, and assumed that all numbers (or at least all numbers in the range 100-299) would be used. When I saw the Eclispe Presets List download on the website I immediately checked it and saw that some numbere were in fact left unused.

In my original post I made sure to list the “missing” presets, thinking that it those numbers were intentionally not used someone would chime in and say something to that effect (no pun intended). And as much as I appreciate your assistance, I am surprised that you didn’t say it.

Anyway, I’m still going to buy a CF card on which to store presets, so it’s nice to know which capacity I should look for.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.