Using a midi controller to simulate the eventide remote

Home Forums Products Rackmount Using a midi controller to simulate the eventide remote

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      urowho
      Participant

Hi,

It's not that I don't want to give eventide another £1500 for a remote control but I'm a bit overspent and running out of handy desk space!

I have a H8000FW and a NI Maschine. The Maschine can act as a standard midicontroller and has 8 buttons along the top, 8 endless encoders and 16 pads. What I hoped to do was to make an eventide remote from the Maschine, in other words, on any given screen the endcoder 1 would change parameter 1 and the softbutton 1 on the maschine would emulate soft button 1 on the 8000.

Just to be clear I don't want to have to set the midi control for each page independently just control the interface.

I've looked at the manual and it made my head spin! Can anyone give 1)any pointers as to how to do this or where to look (page?) in the manual or 2)Tell me to give in it isn't possible and start saving.

Thanks

Mike

IDeangelis

Hi Mike

that function has been available since the Orville days. It's called MIDI Group. The editing is under SETUP > MIDI > 4th menupage.

The user manual has info from page 114.

Have fun!

I

urowho
      Participant

Thanks for that Italo. I've set it up and it works like a dream. How about replicating the soft buttons is that the same process?

Mike

IDeangelis

Hi Mike

you need a MIDI controller supporting MIDI SysEx strings. The info available in the "Sending Key presses via MIDI" technote should help, here…bottom page:

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Harmonizers%20and%20Rack%20Products/H8000%20Series.aspx

all the best

I

urowho —

I know this is an 8 year old thread…but you mentioned wanting to beable to emulate the physical pressing of the keys via MIDI….so If you (or others) ever read this, you might be pleased to know I’ve released a free application to do exactly that!

Eventide H8000 (FW) Remote

t_tangent
      Participant

Thanks. Yes I found your remote controller when I came across your Andromeda editor, so plan to try both those out soon. Thanks again for creating this, it should be very handy 🙂

t_tangent
      Participant

Thanks. Yes I found your remote controller when I came across your Andromeda editor, so plan to try both those out soon. Thanks again for creating this, it should be very handy 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.