Using Emote plug-in with Logic Pro X – I/O setting?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Using Emote plug-in with Logic Pro X – I/O setting?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      amop
      Participant

Hi there –

I’m finally trying to use the Emote plug-in with Logic, but not getting sound.

I load a H9K session through the Emote plug-in with the I/O set to USB. I am assuming that is correct, and that the send/return of the effect is only over the H9K USB channel (otherwise my project audio I/O USB to my standard audio interface).

Am I doing this right?

Thanks for any help…

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Hello,

here’s a video that a GS member posted after I asked him the same (more or less) question about the Emote/DAW integration. Take a look, you might find it helpful.

Regards,

Yannis

macgee
      Participant

there was no link so added it

Sorry there’s no audio or captions, time is short

Here’s the GS chat where we discussed it and clarify a few things – it’s not fully comprehensive but should help

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpost.php?p=13857101&postcount=204

It could be that you set the sample rate on the H9K but then you have to in DAW, set the Sample rate – If the sample rate’s match you have to change the SR to something else and then back again. It’s a current nuance (or nuissance) so hope this gets resolved and the video shows this.

amop
      Participant

Thank you!  I will have to review a few more times to fully absorb.  

But it looks like the video-person has made an aggregate device and then uses the Apple I/O plug-in with the full Emote app running, and not the Emote plug-in at all

I’ll be glad to use this work-around, but was hoping the plug in could work and simplify things.

macgee
      Participant

That would be I
      The plugin isn’t really much different. You’d still need to use I/O plugin to route audio back and forth unless I’ve missed something?
      The benefit of using the plugin is that you can access automation parameters to modify algo using automation lanes and to save all session data, etc..

I’m busy making captions I’ll add to the video to explain things a bit. I’ll get it added tomorrow i reckon

amop
        Participant
        macgee wrote:
        That would be I
        The plugin isn’t really much different. You’d still need to use I/O plugin to route audio back and forth unless I’ve missed something?
        The benefit of using the plugin is that you can access automation parameters to modify algo using automation lanes and to save all session data, etc..

I’m busy making captions I’ll add to the video to explain things a bit. I’ll get it added tomorrow i reckon

Really appreciate that video. If nothing else it helped me resolve the issues I had making an aggregate device (which now works).

So when you use the emote plug-in (for the automations, etc) you still need the I/O plug-in to talk to the H9K?

macgee
        Participant
        amop wrote:
        Really appreciate that video. If nothing else it helped me resolve the issues I had making an aggregate device (which now works). So when you use the emote plug-in (for the automations, etc) you still need the I/O plug-in to talk to the H9K?

Initially I thought you would put Emote on the track and then it would auto route (like UAD does for remote processing) but I think I was wrong.

I copied an extract fromt he manual so I think the Track Inputs/Outputs and the I/O plugin are the only routing options which suits me to be honest.

I’m still in song writing stage so haven’t worked extensively with the full integration “yet” but I envision that I’ll probably put Emote plugin on the Master track; add that track to the arrange page and then use those automation lanes for automating H9K parameters but when working with it maybe I’ll put an emote instance on each track I process with it…not sure yet. But since master track is nearly always visible in Logic for example, that’s what i found easier.

I find it useful using both plugin and standalone Emote as well as H9K front panel controls in tandem to have different views of what’s going on

Computer Audio Interfacing

USB 2.0 allows you to interface your H9000 with your audio software as a standard audio interface with 16 channels of I/O. Send, process, and return 16 separate channels of individual DAW tracks. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.