Using The H8000 FW as an Insert Effect W/ Protools

Home Forums Products Rackmount Using The H8000 FW as an Insert Effect W/ Protools

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      streetpace

I have a Pro-tools Mix Plus system. How do I configure my Eventide to insert effects onto my existing vocal and audio tracks? My interface is the Digidesign 888.

Thanks

SP

IDeangelis

Hi SP

first you'll have to install the Firewire driver on your Mac. This is described in the User Manual, Appendix B.

We do not support ProTools or any other DAW software configuration. You'll need to refer to its documentation/support. I imagine you should be able to use channels inserts or, better, auxiliary SENDS/RETURNS, to send audiuo to the Eventide for processing and then back to your Mac…pretty much like it happend on an analog recording console.

You may want to get familiar with the H8000FW ROUTING concept to make sure the unit is set to receive/send audio via Firewire. There are factory pre_programmed Routings you can access and load by pressing & holding the PROGRAM key for a few seconds.

all the best

streetpace

Great,  Thank you for the quick response… Lets just say that this works,  Can I now apply the H8000FW to multiple aux sends using multiple presets?  Say reverb on aux1, delay on aux2, harmonizer on aux3, compressor on aux4?

Thanks

SP

IDeangelis

The units has 2 DSPs and can run two presets at the same time. It's very important to understand that routings, presets aspects and user needs are strictly correlated.

We have provided a number of presets in which a variable number of mono/stereo/combo FX are available on different channels. So, if a routing is set so that the 2 DSPs are in parallel, you may load the appropriate presets (those made for such task) to have stereo and mono fx on separate channels. This will allow you to use software Aux Sends/Returns as you asked for.

In addition to this, you can always create/modify resets at our needs, using our Vsigfile Editor.

all the best

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.