V5 software update?

Home Forums Products Rackmount V5 software update?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Author
      wilkinsi
      Participant

Its been nearly 3 years since the last update. I would be interested to know if anything is in the works, or whether Eventide still want ideas from us.

My suggestions would be:

1) Automatic temporary muting between switching digital inputs (nasty noise and signal overload when trying to get past XLR (AES/EBU) to get to Optical), or putting "XLR" at the end of the list of options.

2) Diagnostic screen similar to the bigger Harmonizers to check for hardware faults (a simple answer such OK, or CAPACITOR FAULT or CHIP FAULT).

3) New algorithms or algos not previously taken from the H8000FW ("Ultrashifter", dynamics / mastering, etc).

Am I being greedy or unrealistic? LOL

wilkinsi
      Participant

I forgot number 4 – the ability to create new algorithms Wink

wilkinsi
      Participant

5) The ability to save MIDI/external CC's as global rather than as per program.

wilkinsi
      Participant

No-one likes these ideas? Are there any technical complications?

wilkinsi
      Participant

What about a search option where you can type in the letter(s) of the program you want?

gigi
      Participant

I'd say:

6) a quicker firmware. when you change programs it takes too much time. so if you are in studio it's ok, but if you use it live, you can only use Xfade programs…

7) a pc/mac free downlodable editor

😉

wilkinsi
      Participant

As regards to your 6) suggestion, it would be a good idea for Eventide to construct "dual algorithms" (there are already some on the Eclipse, not necessarily the one's you want) which take up only FXA. Then you could the Xfade on more programs. That said, a global Xfade allowing transitions between all programs would be more welcome (regardless of whether the algo uses one or both FX engines), instead of the occasional mutes/dry signal bleeds and pops/overloads.

Faster switching would also be welcome as always.

gigi
      Participant

absolutely!

the eclipse would became a much more powerful unit 🙂

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry old chap – these are in general not possible.

There is a limit to the size of algorithms that you can fit in a given FX. Any dual effects will probably exceed this unless they are pretty trivial.

Similarly, you can't have all programs xfadeable – they can only be so if they can fit in a single engine, as they both have to be present during the fade, which requires both engines to be active.

Many of these algorithms are large and complex – this is why they sound good. As a result, they take time to switch. Sorry.

wilkinsi
      Participant

I'd be happy with just some new algirithms translated from the H8000FW such as Ultrashifter. Or is the Eclipse just not powerful enough to take those kinda programs? I'm always looking for ways to inspire myself, and it usually involves me buying too much gear instead if concentrating on the gear I already have. A PC editor for the Eclipse would also inspire me as have such editors developed for my other gear. Perhaps Evenride should send an Eclipse to Gumtown (see the Boss GT forums), as he's already made some impressive editors.

Rexx

A PC editor please.  None in existence for the Eclipse that I'm aware of.

gigi
      Participant

Rexx:

A PC editor please.  None in existence for the Eclipse that I'm aware of.

yes. at the moment there's no pc/mac editor for the eclipse 🙁

wilkinsi
      Participant

More algorithms tis all I need at the mo.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

My wish list is :-

1: PitchFactor Algorithms and Presets

2. Space Algorithms and Presets

3. Anything cool that can be added from any of the big boys

4. Editor

5. Win the lottery so I can buy an H8000FW 

I guess the rhetorical question is would the amount of effort be worth the return of investment for Eventide? Or would an Eclipse II or whatever it would be called be more of an option?

who knows, only time will tell.

wilkinsi
      Participant

Well, they could always sell a CF card containing new algorithms converted from the H8000FW. Ulrashifter is among the very few I'd like to try out. And being that there are only 2 algorithms available at one time on the H8000FW, it seems pointless me trying to get one even if I could afford it (which I can't).

ehasting
      Participant

Hello,

I am seriously looking into getting an Eclipse, however i am wondering if the development of the software have stopped at version 4, or are there new stuff comming up in time?

Rgs

Egil 

erikbojerik

Since there is now an AU plug-in for the H3000 Harmonizer, I am betting (hoping actually) that they write one for the Eclipse (with a better GUI….).  All of the above wish-list could easily be included in an Eclipse plug-in, far outstripping the capabilities of the rack-mount unit (which I do own and love).  

Being that the Eclipse was introduced almost 10 years ago, you know that the processing power in just about any modern laptop will blow the doors off the CPU in the Eclipse.  And the MacBook Pro I'm typing on right now will put out 24 bit/96k audio, so why not….???

And if I end up hating the GUI, I'll just make my own on the iPad using MIDI Designer….

wilkinsi
      Participant

Any news on new algorithms yet? I'm starting to miss my Space pedal but prefer the Eclipse' interface.

wilkinsi
      Participant

Just had another idea: how about the ability to exchange programs instead of having to duplicate and delete? All my other FX have this option, why not the Eclipse?

Rexx

I really wish there were a way to turn off all distortion/gtr modes.  They suck. And its annoying as I use the Eplipse mostly for vocals and with my guitar rig (which already has its own clean/dist modes)

wilkinsi
      Participant

I could really do with a PC editor or EveNet for the Eclipse. Nothing more annoying than trying to clawl on the floor to get to it in my rack.

bobnoe

Hi all, at this point I am not convinced that Eclipse has reached the end of its technical potential but simply that trade policy and investment Eventide is directed elsewhere by a dated product, perhaps because in the pipeline is there any other car in production that will replace Eclipse. However, this fantastic machine is still widely used and marketable for some time but still lacks now indispensable tools for the management of the sounds that many other competitors, such as a software control from pc. The ideas that I read in the forum are all shareable and being also owner of Axefx II (for example with a competitor), Fractal Audio continually updates (at least 2 or 3 times a year) the firmware with the addition of new sounds and implementations that leave us amazed every time … and all absolutely free of charge … political choices which I pay off over time. Bob

wilkinsi
      Participant

My fingers are crossed. I'm waiting to see if Eventide come up with a MIDI controller allowing users to essentially use it like an EveNet.

zambiland
      Participant

I think that the fact that you cannot engage a bypass or patch change mode that allows spillover of delays and reverbs alone is an issue that makes this unit much less useful. At least for live performance.

wilkinsi
      Participant

A Windows based editor would really help. I've seen the Ipad editor for both the Eclipse and stompboxes, but £400+ is a lot of money given you can only connect one device to the Ipad at one time.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

zambiland:

spillover of delays and reverbs

If you use the smaller presets, these can be crossfaded on loading which gives you a spillover. The bigger presets use the whole machine, so there is no spare power to do it.

In effect, to do a spillover, up to half the power of the machine must be otherwise unused – we preferred to make better sounds instead.

NikosGuitar

V5 software update for Christmas?

with the H9 Special Algorithms(UltraTap,Resonator)

+PitchFactor and Space Algorithms…please!

wilkinsi
      Participant

Didn't happen. Bah Humbug! Broken Heart I don't see this happening anymore. Please, someone surprise me. 

wilkinsi
      Participant

Maybe an Easter gift? More presets/algorithms please!

bobnoe

I do not think Eventide is still interested to implement new functions on Eclipse with this hardware now a bit 'dated. Maybe she'll be thinking about some other rack "entry level" as "Eclipse II" or more. 

This is, for example, the path that Fractal Audio is pushing ahead with great results with Axefx (Standard, Ultra, II and XL in the short time of three years). It 'just a matter of company policy and investment, nothing else.  Bob 

wilkinsi
      Participant

I already asked for a rackmount version of Space, just so I could get my hands on Simmer and ModEchoVerb, a while ago. Didn't happen. I actually have 2 spare AES loops on my Roland AE-7000.

alce
      Participant

As I have written many times that remain of the view to revitalize and make it more manageable EVENTIDE ECLIPSE would need a system halfway between V.SIG dell'H9 and the graphical user interface for use with the PC maybe driving it via Midi. I was able to achieve a variety of presets for my own use, including several algorithms with similar results to those dell'H9 well as others, but with a lot of effort and waste of time.

The appreciable work interface for iPad is completely useless since the end is nothing more than the Eclipse console, so it does not solve the problem.

alce
      Participant

I believe that an innovative policy of the Eclipse development would be adopted in the military where HW and SW modules provide complete that you can replace the plug-in rack equipment without need to change it completely.

Definitely need a sw module which allows to develop and manage creative algorithms that already exist.

MarcoR
      Participant

Bump from the dead…

I know the H9 is the star child now but seriously Eventide, you do know the pedalboard phase won't last much longer and racks will be in vogue again. Already classic boxes are more expensive on the used market as people discover the power and sound of the classics!

Surely you can throw us a bone right?

MarcoR
      Participant

Okay…Okay… There was no point to my last post other than hoping the Eclipse is not abandoned. I am just so happy with this box and just wished the guitar world wasn't so hung up on simple pedals that just copy the sounds from the past. Where is the innovation? Where's the experimentation?

Next chance, I will get one of the big boxes and dive into some Vsig!!! 

And Eclipse users, how about posting something? This forum is so dead…

alce
      Participant

BUT why, in full ecological spirit, don’t you make a revamping plugin, perhaps modular as you do with military equipment, of the Eclipse system instead of pulling out a new machine?

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.