vibrato + distortion

Home Forums Products Rackmount vibrato + distortion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      2oldman

I want to combine vibrato with distortion preamp together in the same effect.

Is that possible?  Can I either add fuzz to vibrato or vice versa?  I sure have done my best to read the manual and try to figure this out.

hank you. 

2oldman

Nobody?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You should look through the Presets Manual. To run two effects at the same time they both need to be labeled "xfade."

There are a number of "xfade" distortion effects and a number of "xfade" vibrato effects, so if you used one of each, you should be moving in the right direction. But, you will want to tune them by ear for the right sound.

2oldman

thanks.  time's a factor right now.. nobody at Eventide could work that up and I could upload it to the Eclipse? 🙂

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – some things you have to do yourself. Apart from the obvious, there are a lot of possibilities here, and only you will know what you want the sound to be. You can run through a few options in 5 minutes.

2oldman

The obvious to me was diggout out my old fuzz box, but I'm trying to avoid that.  

Thanks..

wilkinsi
      Participant

"In the same effect" – you mean 2 algorithms in one program? Simple. Don't xfade, because it will only allow FXA to work. Choose series, parellel or one of the mono routings. Then "steal" the needed algorithms from programs containing them, and load them into FXA and FXB. Then adjust parameters to taste.

2oldman

Thanks. Would the Tutorial on page 19 "creating a program from scratch"  be what you're saying?  then I have to hope I can save it as 'my' effect.

wilkinsi
      Participant

… then you just press PROGRAM twice and there it is on Hot Key 4.

2oldman

Ok.. but it has to be MIDI selectable.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.