Video tutorial

Home Forums Products Rackmount Video tutorial

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Roc

Hi
      I'm a new owner of H8000FW and I love it it's great !!!!!!!
      It would be nice if there was some kind of tutorial for it.
      I feel like I maybe over or under using it. I feel like I bought a UFO
      and just using it for the tape deck . I know this is a Pro unit
      but some guidance would be nice. I would pay for some kind of tutorial.
      I have question like what's good for chords , pads , bass ,sweet vocals,
      and example of what pitch shifting is all about . sorry if I sound like a newbie
      but I am. Can anybody share what they have done with this unit.

Thanks

I think the
      H8000FW is what they showed at the end of the movie 2010 on that weird planet.

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Hey there,

Congratulations on your purchase! It's a VERY deep machine – amazingly deep. I would like some kind of video tutorial too, arranged in chapters, for instance Chapter 1: Routing, Chapter 2: Browsing and handling presets and so on. Alongside with step by step instructions ofcourse. Other than that you always browse the Users' manual or for programming your own stuff you will need the Programmer's manual. Both are available online.

To answer your question about what programs are suitable for what instrument – I think the only way to find is to test them. You might find something that has "D=Drums" in its tags, and it might work great on a pad! Just try different patches!

I use my H-8000FW with synthesizers. It's permanently connected to an Andromeda A6 or a Minimoog Voyager. Simply put, words cannot express what's coming out of the H-8000FW. Complex polyrhythms made with pitch-shifters, multidimensional pads, blah blah. You name it, it's there. (No, I am not working for Eventide – wish I was in the States so that I could apply 🙁 )

I also find it extremely helpful that you can upload a program to the computer and open it with VSig to see how it's constructed. Admitedly the VSig could certainly benefit from a more colourful interface – personally I am using VSig to modify presets and to learn how they are constructed. When I am confident with that I will do my own programs from scratch.

So, give it time and patience!

Regards,
      Yannis

razo1

Videotutorials is a good idea. I would be willing to pay for that.

If you're starting a list for pre-orders of a tutorial,  I've got money in hand !!  As I'm only using stereo ins and outs so far,  I'll surely need some help with 5.1 signal routing someday. 

Glad to see the full page ad in SoundOnSound's Jan.'09 issue. 

Maybe there will be a pro review next year ?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.