Vocal program remiscent of “The voice” used in “Dune” movie

Home Forums Products Rackmount Vocal program remiscent of “The voice” used in “Dune” movie

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      wilkinsi
      Participant

Anyone who's seen this film will remember Paul and his mother used this hissy, growly, robotic, pitch-dropped vocal to brainwash their enemies. I want to create the same thing on the Eclipse. Has anyone created a program specifically for this purpose? If so, please post it so I can try it out. Thanks.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

That effect was created by artful misuse of an automatic dialog synchronization system, using some early signal processing and overdubbing.

The nearest we would do to that would be by using something like Ultrashifter, which has a "Robotic Voice" capability. Sadly, for tedious technical reasons, you can't get it on Eclipse.

wilkinsi
      Participant

I was under the wrong impression that since some algorithms on the H8000 were available on the Eclipse (Blackhole, Wormhole…), Eventide might've come up with an equivelant Ultrashifter algorithm on the Eclipse too.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – Ultrashifter needs multiple processors, which the H8000 has. Eclipse only has one.

wilkinsi
      Participant

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll have to try hunting down a used DSP7000 or Orville.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.