Volume and tone changes…

Home Forums Products Rackmount Volume and tone changes…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Leroy2112

Hi this is my first post. I just got the Eclipse and I'm loving it but… the volume drops when I take it out of bypass (FX on) and the tone gets dulled too. I noticed that if I run it at 96kHz it's fine but then I can't use some of my favorite patches!!! Anyone know if there's a way to get my tone back at 48 kHz?

IDeangelis

HI Leroy

let's get details….

-how the unit is connected ? (audio source/type of cables)

-what OS version is running on ?

I

Leroy2112

I'm running a Strat > 1/4" cables > pedalboard > Eclipse 1/4" input A > Eclipse 1/4" output A > Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb input 1 with a clean tone. I'm running OS 4.0. I've got my Levels set to In Gain 7.0dB, Out Gain -20dB, Wet/Dry Mix 50%, Analog Level 0.0dB, I/O Mode Mono 1, Master Out 0.0dB. Meter setup is, Source – Analog In.

IDeangelis

Try setting Bypass mode to "DSP Bypass", under SETUP, MODES.

best

I

Leroy2112

It is…

Leroy2112

So any ideas of how to get my tone and volume the same when the Eclipse is on or bypassed?

Leroy2112

Also… I've been trying to get my Eclipse to receive midi program changes via  a midi foot switch to change patches but it works about 5% of the time. I hooked up a Alesis MidiVerb 4 and tried it and it works perfectly! Man I really need this Eclipse to change patches in a live situation via my midi foot swicth. Please advise. I've used short cables tweeked all the midi settings but nothing makes the Eclipse behave the way I need it…

IDeangelis

Leroy

regarding BYPASS:

Relay Byp
      When this is selected, the analog XLR inputs and outputs are connected by a relay (you can hear it click when you operate the switch). The digital inputs and outputs are connected electronically, as in DSP bypass.
      The ¼” jacks will be muted, so you should not use relay bypass if you are using these jacks.
      Note that when Eclipse is powered down, the same relay connects the analog XLRs, so that signal can pass through.

DSP Byp (DSP bypass – the normal mode)
      When this is selected, both effects blocks are electronically bypassed, preserving all global levels. This means, for example, that if you were coming in digital and going out analog, you would still have signal when bypassed, in contrast to relay bypass above.

If you are having tone/level problems with DSP Bypass, it may depend on one or more of several factors:

-input/output levels settings

-eccessive cables length/poor quality. Eclipse and long guitar cords don't match. Studio grade cables are recommended.

-levels/impedance mismatching of gear connected to Eclipse. 1/4" jacks should ONLY be used for instrument level signals (-20dB/-10dB). You don't specify what kind of signal comes out of your pedalboard.

In general, Eclipse best connection place is an FX loop, using XLRs connectors. If you can, try that. Also, try taking the pedalboard away anc connect Eclipse to your gtr. Is the problem still there? That may be an incompatibility between the two. We have seen this in the past. Some pickups require hefty buffers to directly deal with fx processors.

best

I

Leroy2112

Please advise… 

Thanks!

IDeangelis

Leroy

Eclipse uses MIDI Maps to organiza the way Program Changes address the hundreds of presets available in the unit. You don't mention any detail about your presets, MIDI settings, etc.

The best advice at the moment is to check the user manual where MIDI maps are very well explained.

best

I

Leroy2112

The midi map is not the issue it will go to the right patch after I select it on my midi controller but only about 5% of the time. It's just not switching consistently. All my other midi gear is switching fine.  

IDeangelis

Leroy

without details we can't help you.

Please provide the following:

-where are stored the presets you intend to recall via MIDI? On which numbers?

-Which MIDI Map are you using?

-MIDI settings of Eclipse (channel)?

-describe the MIDI chain between the units

-how your MIDI controller is set to address Eclipse via MIDI?

best

I

simeon
      Participant

just a note on bypass. your signal will always jump in level when you bypass the eclipse, because it's lower in mix level when you're not bypassed. the easiest way to solve this (imo) is not to bypass the eclipse at all, but to select a "thru" algorithm instead, with the level of the block set to -3db. this will maintain your dry level. sim

Leroy2112

1. Patch #"s 500 – 504 on the card

2. Midi map 3

3. The Eclipse is receiving midi on midi channel 1

4. Right now it's hooked up directly to the midi controller 

5. I'm send out midi program change messages via my midi foot switch

IDeangelis

#1/2/3/4 are ok

in #5 you should make sure that nothing is sent out on OMNI.  Every unit in the rig should use a separate MIDI Channel. Don't use OMNI on any unit.

Everything looks ok to me so I can only think there is something wrong in what comes out of the pedalboard or you may need to execute a CLEAR SETUP on the Eclipse. Check the latest manual pages for that.

I also suggest you update Eclipse to 4.01 which fixes some other things.

best

I

Leroy2112

I just got it to work! I don't know what the problem was but it's working now!!!! Now I need to update to 4.1. 

Thanks for all you help!!!!

IDeangelis

May be one or more of the following:

-cosmic rays

-2012 approaching fast!

-magic

-spells!

cheers

I

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.