Volume control at overall FX Chain level

Home Forums Products Rackmount Volume control at overall FX Chain level

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

Goal is to map a “master” volume pedal to an FX Chain. What can be done currently is to map the pedal to the output gain of each algo.

However, I tried right clicking on the main output volume of the entire FX Chain (next to the meter), but nothing happens. It would be extremely convenient so as to avoid having to map the pedal to up to 4 algos. I don’t know if there are hardware restrictions or if it’s only a software issue. Another approach that would be really cool would be the ability to right click on the connecting line between any In/Out on the diagram and be able to assign a volume controller there. That’s how the SwitchBlade graphical interface (WinBlade) worked and it’s really convenient.

jfirlik
      Eventide Staff

The mapping can be done in the "General" parameters tab for the FX chain — click the edit button on the IO panel to get to these.

J20056
      Participant

Thank you.

A couple of follow-up questions:

1. Does the Out Gain under General control the 8 Output ports?

2. I see that each of the 8 Output have their own mappable level, is this for added flexibility for relative leveles, butmy overall level should only be controlled with a pedal from the General -> Out Gain control?

3. I see that all these volume controls can only go to -24dB and not -Inf dB? Why is that? -24dB would not make rhe volume zero???

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.