VSig for H9000

Home Forums Products Rackmount VSig for H9000

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      rvickers
      Participant

Can we get some info on access to VSig for H9000?

floresp640
      Eventide Staff
      rvickers wrote:

Can we get some info on access to VSig for H9000?

VSig for the H9000 is still something we are working on but our main priority at the moment is stabilizing and continually improving the H9000. We realize that VSig is something that is very important to some of our users and we want to make sure that by the time its released, that it will be very stable.

moschops
      Participant

Good to know your getting it right, Vsig is the only reason I’ve ordered a H9000.

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Is it possible to have some screen previews, or some info or a beta or something?

splitrmx
      Participant

Can you add OSX support for VSig also? 

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        splitrmx wrote:

We are talking about this internally.  It's unlikely that VSig in its current form will ever run natively on OSX.   We use it (for developing our algorithms) with Wine, but that's not an ideal solution.  I can't commit to anything in terms of a schedule at this point, but I can say that support for OSX is high on our own list of needs.

ThreeFingersOfLove
        Participant
        jbamberg wrote:

splitrmx wrote:

We are talking about this internally.  It’s unlikely that VSig in its current form will ever run natively on OSX.   We use it (for developing our algorithms) with Wine, but that’s not an ideal solution.  I can’t commit to anything in terms of a schedule at this point, but I can say that support for OSX is high on our own list of needs.

Guys, please provide VSig for MacOS… a lot of us want to design our own algorithms (which is a big selling point – for me at least) and we use Macs so…. Pretty please?

splitrmx
        Participant
        jbamberg wrote:

It’s unlikely that VSig in its current form will ever run natively on OSX.   We use it (for developing our algorithms) with Wine, but that’s not an ideal solution.

Can you give some pointers on how to connect to the Eventide H8000FW with VSig via Wine? I can get VSig running on Wine but it doesn’t do anything when I try to download the dbase. I’m assuming I need to map the com port to the Keyspan adaptor I’m using somehow but am not sure how.

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        splitrmx wrote:

Can you give some pointers on how to connect to the Eventide H8000FW with VSig via Wine? I can get VSig running on Wine but it doesn't do anything when I try to download the dbase. I'm assuming I need to map the com port to the Keyspan adaptor I'm using somehow but am not sure how.

Sorry but I don't know of anyone here who has tried this, and I personally haven't used Wine enough to guess at how well it virtualizes the serial hardware (if at all).

I use VMware when I need to develop on Windows.  You might also try VirtualBox, which is a free VM hypervisor.  These tend to have good support for virtualizing hardware peripherals.  The downside of course is the need to have a whole Windows installation on your machine.

pisco
        Participant
        splitrmx wrote:

Can you give some pointers on how to connect to the Eventide H8000FW with VSig via Wine? I can get VSig running on Wine but it doesn’t do anything when I try to download the dbase. I’m assuming I need to map the com port to the Keyspan adaptor I’m using somehow but am not sure how.

I’m running Vsig with wine ( version 3.0.3 from homebrew) on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 (should work with other versions). I’m using a usb-to-serial Adapter linked to the ~/.wine/dosdevices/com1

ssgrfk
      Participant

I agree with the previous post that VSIG or another Mac OS X tool that does the same job so that Mac Users can natively dive into the H9000 without limits..would be an obvious winner on every front.. i ordered, then cancelled the order for the H9000 after i learnt that this Hardware upgrade to the older 7600s etc still suffers from the same decade(s) old editing software for windows.. 

Eventide as a leadier in the field of these products could surely make this happen. . and when it does, ill buy a H9000 the next day.. 

🙂

razo

Use VirtualBox.

rvickers
      Participant

I agree an OSX version would be great, but understand the trade-off of value to resource and revenue.  I would be fine with using a Wine version, VMWare or whatever virtual machine.  Unfortunately, Im not aware of a version of VSig we can download that will connect to the H9000.  If I missed something, please share.

FWIW, The H9000 is the most exciting peice of harware I’ve seen in a long time.  I’m using it constantly and loving it.  I see no reason to wait to get it.  The more that sell means more support thrown at it.  I’m literally giddy when I run a traditional guitar rig in a switching system putting effects in front and behind a tube amp and can switch to the ability to access esentially 8 H8000s via DANTE for mixing without moving one cable at all.  It’s just stupid cool!

ssgrfk
      Participant

Hi.

thanks for your opinion. good to know the unit still has enough appeal to be mind blowing without being able to tweak on an algoriddmic scale…

i think i will buy it as soon as you’re able to do parameter automation via a DAW like Pro Tools or Disableton Live. 

if that is already possible, please let me know, thanks!

rvickers
      Participant

Yeah, DAW plugin automation isnt there yet, but you could get very creative with midi automation.  It really is a lot of fun and considering you can spread algorithms across series and parallel paths you can do a lot of really creative stuff.  Currently, you cant route between the 4 blocks internally (I understand there will be a SW update for that), but I get around that by connecting the digital I/O and then route thru the matrix.  This opens up the depth of what you can do.  Anyway, I love this thing.

moschops
        Participant

So guys, I thknk you need to chill back on the VSIG for Mac as it looks like it doesn’t even work for PC yet !

What is the current situation with VSIG on a PC and H9000?

how functional is it?

Would love a video about this.

ndoe22
      Participant

+1 for Vsig on mac

ssgrfk
      Participant

Hello

I just took delivery of the H9000 and have plugged it in.. and now as i have the unit and can explore it in depth my desire to have algorythmic control via VSIG or similar has diminished. there is just so much potential in the unit by combining the existing algorithms in the billion possible ways that my needs are satisfied.

VSIG or similar for Mac would obviously be a benefit but personally im going to have my hands full with the H9000’s off the shelf capabilities..

🙂

AAgnello
        Eventide Staff
        ssgrfk wrote:

Hello

I just took delivery of the H9000 and have plugged it in.. and now as i have the unit and can explore it in depth my desire to have algorythmic control via VSIG or similar has diminished. there is just so much potential in the unit by combining the existing algorithms in the billion possible ways that my needs are satisfied.

VSIG or similar for Mac would obviously be a benefit but personally im going to have my hands full with the H9000's off the shelf capabilities..

🙂

Thanks but I think this is something we need to get to anyway. So much to do, so little time…

moschops
        Participant
        ssgrfk wrote:

Hello

VSIG or similar for Mac would obviously be a benefit but personally im going to have my hands full with the H9000’s off the shelf capabilities..

🙂

Yes I know what you mean with combining the presets, its awesome but imagine it so one could have control inputs as well as just audio, then that would definitley scratch the VSIG itch !

macgee
      Participant

After a lot of discovery with the h9k algos, VSIG is a must. There’s a bunch of beautiful presets but using them to recreate the same thing consistently is difficult. Particularly modulation presets things dealing time and running in a loop.
      I need to go into the algos and add a trigger to start the loop and to trigger the start of the phase in modulation, etc. Then there’s others that need other things, like the beautiful delays I’d like to add a low cut if I recall. Thereafter I’ll build my own.
      I’m extremely excited about the possibilities here and for 3rd party development – Mac OS user

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Bump! VSigX requested one more time.

petezaslice
      Participant

So VSig is happening for the H9000?

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

So, 1.1 beta version is out and sadly no support for MacOS… Can we download the new PC version somewhere? The ones availabe here date back to 2015…

ndoe22
        Participant

If they are revamping vsig they have to make it for the H9k and they have to release it for Mac otherwise what is the point ? Let do this eventide

ThreeFingersOfLove wrote:

So, 1.1 beta version is out and sadly no support for MacOS… Can we download the new PC version somewhere? The ones availabe here date back to 2015…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.