VSig (or VSigX): Converting Presets from Stereo to Mono

Home Forums Products Rackmount VSig (or VSigX): Converting Presets from Stereo to Mono

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      jcshirke
      Participant

I need a couple algorithms converted from stereo to mono. I would pay someone to do it for me in VSig, or I would pay someone to give me some guidance on how to do it myself.

Ideally, I'd like to learn how to do it myself, since I'm sure I'll need to convert some more presets from stereo to mono down the road. If someone could do the first couple for me, then maybe I could use those as models for how to do them next one(s) myself. Just a thought.

Please give me a shout, if you are able to help.

Thanks,

Jeff

DanielH

Hi,

We can help you, easiest way to make a preset mono is to insert "add" modules as the first and the last in audio chain.

Best, DanielH

jcshirke
      Participant

Thanks…but what kind of module? I assume a mixer of some kind, but I'm such a novice at this that I'd need either step-by-step instructions about what connections to make, or it might be easier for someone else to do it, and then I can open up the VSig file and see how they've done it.

Thanks,

Jeff

DanielH

Yeah, I meant math module "ADD" to mix two audio signals as one.

By the way, which editor you have available ?  I can provide a simple step-by-step picture instructions for you tomorrow.

Best, Danielh

jcshirke
      Participant

Oh! lol  Sorry about that. See, I told you I was a complete beginner. :)_

I use a Mac, so I have VSigX. Thanks very much for your help.

Jeff

DanielH

Hi, on more question, which kind of presets you have in mind ?

-D

jcshirke
      Participant

Daniel,

At the moment, just two. 2 x 2290s (I believe it's 6573, from the vintage gear bank) and Vintage Delays (654).

Thanks,

Jeff

DanielH

Check attached file

Hope this get you started. 

hear is the modules manual, you'll need it as you go further:

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/6886.aspx

jcshirke
      Participant

Thanks a lot, Daniel.

I've basically copied exactly what you did in the Vintage Delay algorithm. The only difference I can see is that my mixer module has two additional (blue) control field on it, and one user object (magenta) field. Is that okay, or should I change (or delete?) them?

I would attach a screen shot, but I don't see any way to do so. 

Hopefully I'll be able to do the same thing with the 2 x 2290 preset. It looks a lot more complex (the algorithm, that is), and there are 4 outputs. I don't know if that changes anything??

I got some advice from another Eventide user, and he said that I should reduce the input of the 2 x 2290 preset (after I add the mix module) to -6db. Where/how do I make that change?

Thanks,

Jeff

Thanks,

Jeff

jcshirke
      Participant

Daniel,

There are 4 inputs and 4 outputs in the 2 x 2290 patch. Is there a way to take all four inputs and add them to a mixer module? Or do I have to use two mixer modules (one for inputs 1 and 2, the other for inputs 3 and 4) and then use a third mixer module to mix those outputs together?

Likewise with the 4 outputs. Can 1 add module at the end of the algorithm send the signal to all 4 outputs? Or do I want to somehow reduce the outputs down to 2?

I can send you this algorithm file if you don't have it on your Eventide. I would need your email, if you want to message me. Or write me at jcshirke AT gmail DOT com

Thanks,

Jeff

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.