vsig/routing utility working with latest w7 64 sp1 builds?

Home Forums Products Rackmount vsig/routing utility working with latest w7 64 sp1 builds?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Animus
      Participant

hey all,

I have a serial to usb adapter with the ftdi chip. Latest 64 bit driver is installed and it shows up as COM3 in Device Manager.  But for the life of me I can get COM3 to show up in comm prefs in VSIG or the Routing Utility.  The Port dropdown menu is totally blank.  I had this working awhile back but I had to revert Windows to an old Ghost image, whereupon I proceeded to update to all W7 Service Pack 1 and all the updates.  I am not sure what changed or when it happened since I haven't used the vsig etc in a while.  Is there something I am missing to cause the COM port not to show up in vsig but shows up as functioning correctly in Device Manager.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

These utilities work on Win7/64 – make sure you have the latest versions.

Otherwise, it sounds like you have a computer-specific problem, and may need to try another computer. Sorry.

Animus
      Participant

thanks.  So it works wi†h you with the latest Windows updates for W7?  That's the only variable I have found so far from when it was working.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Seems fine to me.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.