VSIG

Home Forums Products Rackmount VSIG

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      cangileri
      Participant

hello

i am new here.  thanks for the chance to share. 

does the vsig support the firwire for communication on the h8000FW ?

makes sense rather then using midi

thanks and happy tweeking

IDeangelis

Hi cangileri

welcome to the forum.

FW doesn't support Vsig yet. Serial communication is still required at the moment.

best

I

cangileri
      Participant

so i did get it to use firewire.  connects and downloads user files fine, creates database.  

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You should be able to use the MIDI over FireWire connection.

It used to be unreliable, but it is to be hoped that this changed with V5.3.

Mike

I don't know where I'm supposed to submit bug reports on VSIG 2.4.9 (beta), but here goes. It appears not to communicate at all with my serial port. However version 1.9 does work.

Mike

Mike

After reading the rest of the thread, there appears to be a difference in how VSIG beta serial behaves with FW. However I'm using my H8000 and not the H8000FW.

Mike

OK. I got the H8000 & VSIG 2.4.9 to work with MIDI.

Where should I post the library I created of Supermods some years ago. The group where they currently reside seems about defunct.

IDeangelis

Hi Mike

I'm using any VSIG version thru serial communication without problems.

The Eventide forums don't yet support file sharing. It will, in time.

Any bug report can be submitted here, using the VSIG forum, not the Harmonizers one.

Thank you

I

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You can send files to the forum as attachments – click the Options tab (above here when you are composing a message, and then File Attachment/Add.

We will have a more preset-oriented system in the future, but this should do it for now.

Mike

That method only works one file at a time.

Please send me your E-mail address again and I'll send you the whole 1 meg+ lot. My hard drive crashed and I can't find your address anymore. If you prefer I can send the library to support@eventide.com.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You should bundle them all up in a single ZIP or RAR type file. This will do it for you.

It would also be helpful to add some descriptive documentation, telling people about them.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.