VSIGFile no longer working

Home Forums Products Rackmount VSIGFile no longer working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

Italo,

I rewired my studio, including my MIDI chain, but I believe I recreated the same schematic as before, just different layout of my hardware. My H7600 is working normally as far as MIDI as it relates to program changes, which I control from a MIDI pedal board, so same as before here, no problem. However, the VSigfile utility no longer does anything. When I click on MIDI/Get, I see a quick flash on my MIDI PC interface, showing that "some" signal went through the MIDI chain, but I no longer get the file in VSigfile.

What's a simple test that I can do? I suppose I can take the H7600 out of my MIDI loop and connect it directly to my PC MIDI interface with no loop, but it's not a viable solution long-term. Any ideas of other tests I can run?

IDeangelis

Hi j

to tell you the truth I have never/ever used Vsigfile on MIDI. I find serial just much simpler and more reliable. You may add a COM port to your PC in 2 ways, if it doesn't have one:

-many modern PCs don't have a COM port in the rear panel but they may well have a COM socket on the motherboard where a COM can be connected. There are PCI panels (1 space) with one ore more COM ports. Just connect the wire to the motherboard if it has a socket for it, fix with a screw the PCI panel and enable the COM port in the BIOS.

-use a simple USB to COM(Serial) adapter, installing a simple driver.

Regarding why your Vsig doesn't work anymore…. it must be a configuration problem, probably in your MIDI unit. Hard to figure this out from remote though….

all the best

I

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.