VSigfile problem – end

Home Forums Products Rackmount VSigfile problem – end

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

OK, working now, I had the MIDI Output from the H7600 set to Thru, not Out. Thid might create a problem when I put the H7600 back in my loop though. Any reason it's doing this? I'd prefer to connect it to Thru.
      Thanks.

J20056
      Participant

Italo,

I used a small gizmo called Midi Merge (which merges two Midi signals into one), and I'm able to simultanaeously use the H7600 in my MIDI chain (which requires THRU) and VSigfile, which requires OUT. Isn't MIDI THRU supposed to always send what also goes to OUT? Seems like it doesn't. I'm fine now, except I need Midi Merge.
      Also, any ideas why VSigfile only sees the H7600 if its ID is set to 1?
      Thanks.

IDeangelis

Ok…

MIDI THRU is never supposed to send  MIDI generate code. This is sent thru the MIDI OUT. Some devices having only 2 MIDI connectors may offer a setting to configure the second MIDI port as OUT or THRU.

I suspect the device number is only related to the SysEx control of several connected Eventide units. It doesn't matter in Vsig.

In general we don't use MIDI and prefer the serial connection which I strongly advice you. It is much faster and won't get any data corruption as it may be possible in a series of connected MIDI devices.

MIDI Splitters are the best devices to keep units completely separated in a MIDI setup. But getting a serial cable will be much faster and cheaper anyway.

A request: could you please keep all postings on the same subject within a single post? That helps keeping things in a more coherent way and easier to refer to for everybody.

Ah, last but not least…there's a much newer Vsig version on the website. Please use this one and GetDatabase from the unit. Modules database should always be coming from the Eventide for perfect matching.

all the best

J20056
      Participant

Thanks. Can I use Serial for Vsigfile yet leave the unit in my MIDI loop and use both serial and MIDI? This way I could program the unit at will via Serial, yet control it from my MIDI footboard?
      Sorry about the multiple posts, but as I was making progress over the week-end, I altered my questions. The problem is that there is no option to delete posts on your site, which I was trying to do to tidy up my postings. Unless I missed how to do that.

IDeangelis

It should be possible to use serial for Vsig and MIDI for control. Make sure you configure Vsig for serial connection first.

To keep the postings consistent you may simply reply to your earlier post(s). That will work.

cheers

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.