vSigX unable to find module help files

Home Forums Products Rackmount vSigX unable to find module help files

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Greetings

Today I noticed vSigX is having issues with the module help files.
      When I try to get info on a module it will say "Internet connection required"
      The only thing is the connection is fine…. this is also happening on 3 other macs.

Occasionally it will call up a help file properly but this is rare….

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I know Eventide does not offer support for vSigX users but I am thinking maybe someone could point me in the direction of someone to talk to?

I like using vSigX 🙂

IDeangelis

yep….I have seen that too.

Ick!

i

Is there anyway to make these reference files local so I don't have to worry about this?
      I don't know why it finds the first few help files and not the others : P

This is starting to eat up a lot of studio time ):
      Any suggestions on how to get to the bottom of this?

IDeangelis

Hi vSigX is not an Eventide made/supported app. For any problem/suggestion with it, you should refer to the third party who makes it.

all the best

I

I was just wondering if there was any way to download a local copy of the Module help files?
      One day the help files just stopped working….. Now I don't know what to do….I use them frequently while building patches and don't really have any way of getting by without them 😛

I know you don't support anything mac, but part of the reason we went with the H8000 was because vSigX did work well on the mac and we had a way to communicate with the with the H8000.

What can I do? Maybe there is some kind of workaround? Where are these help files when they are being accessed remotely?

We should start a donation pool for Allan so he can get paid…. Maybe then he could soup up vSigX and we could get on the road with this 🙂 After all I know many people who use eventide with a mac.

I love the H8000 and feel sad when we are having communication issues!

I want to be making patches right now and I can't
      I even went to the extent of buying a blazing 450 MHz Inspiron 5000
      It's a horror to activate and sounds like it's chewing itself to death while it runs…. all kinds of bleeps and bloops (the bad kind) also…. vSig is all but unreadable on this dell (the chips of which are a waste of sand!) Dell Infuryion 5000 would be far more accurate!!

So anyway….
      I just want to talk to my H8000! But right now it feels like I don't have a mouth 🙁

Any input would be greatly appreciated 🙂

-C

IDeangelis

I think you have 2 good options:

-downloading Vsigfile manual from Eventide website

-install Windows on your Mac either under Bootcamp or using any of the virtualization softwares available now (VM ware, Parallels, etc.)

best

I

I started looking back through older posts and just found this…

Can you give me a little more information about when this is happening? Are you selecting a module and then inspecting it, or are you using the Help menu?

The help files are stored locally in the Resources directory of the vSigX app – for example, on my system, I can open the vSigX help file in my web browser with this link:

file:///Applications/vSigX.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/vSigX%20Help/index.html

EDIT: I'm not sure the link is getting through on this forum. You may have to copy and paste this into your browser – please join these lines together:

file:///Applications/vSigX.app/Contents/Resources/
      English.lproj/vSigX%20Help/index.html

Can you access the help files that way?

Doug

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.