Way to sell H9 Harmonizer and Transfer Account/MAX Upgrade with it?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Way to sell H9 Harmonizer and Transfer Account/MAX Upgrade with it?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      rrahmer
      Participant

Hi, I’m overwhelmed with this pedal. It’s just way too far beyond me so I’m looking to sell it and reclaim as much of my $700 investment as possible.

I’ve read the threads on here that explain my upgrade to MAX is tied to my account, not the pedal.. totally get it and the rationale, but what if do actually want the buyer to get the pedal and the MAX upgrade linked to my account? Can I transfer my account or purchase to the person? Or something like that?

Anything I need to watch out for?

PRSGUY513
      Participant

Based on the “Buy/Sell” section of the FAQ you will not be able to transfer the algorithms. You will only be able to advertise it as either a H9 or H9 Core. Basically whatever it was when you bought it. My question is why is it too much for you? Don’t sell it. Do you use the Control App with it? I can’t imagine anything easier with as much power to use. It’s factory delay, reverb and pitch presents are worth the money alone.

FAQs

PRSGUY513
      Participant

I should add that I wouldn’t trust paying someone for functionality I’m not guaranteed to always be able to access. Even if there is a way to override the system.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hello rrahmer,

I’ve read the threads on here that explain my upgrade to MAX is tied to my account, not the pedal.. totally get it and the rationale, but what if do actually want the buyer to get the pedal and the MAX upgrade linked to my account? Can I transfer my account or purchase to the person? Or something like that? Anything I need to watch out for?

If you purchased a MaxOut for your H9, meaning, if you converted a Standard or Core unit to an H9 Max by paying Eventide a lump sum, then that pedal forever maintains its identity as an H9 Max, even if you sell it. Just make sure to de-register the pedal so someone else can use it with H9 Control.

PRSGUY513
      Participant

If you purchased a MaxOut for your H9, meaning, if you converted a Standard or Core unit to an H9 Max by paying Eventide a lump sum, then that pedal forever maintains its identity as an H9 Max, even if you sell it. Just make sure to de-register the pedal so someone else can use it with H9 Control.

It might be good to add a better clarification in the “Buy/Sell” section in the FAQ for this specific “MaxOut” situation. It’s slightly ambiguous otherwise. Thanks!

rrahmer
      Participant

Hello rrahmer,

I’ve read the threads on here that explain my upgrade to MAX is tied to my account, not the pedal.. totally get it and the rationale, but what if do actually want the buyer to get the pedal and the MAX upgrade linked to my account? Can I transfer my account or purchase to the person? Or something like that? Anything I need to watch out for?

Thank you so much for this clarification!! I suppose I could validate this by de-registering the pedal and registering it again as thought I were someone new who had just bought the pedal, right?

soleary35
      Participant

I am wondering how this worked out. I bought an H9 Core that the previous owner had ‘MaxedOut’ and it DID NOT transfer. I have the Core presets and that’s it. We are trying to figure this out.

joecozzi
        Eventide Staff

I bought an H9 Core that the previous owner had ‘MaxedOut’ and it DID NOT transfer. I have the Core presets and that’s it. We are trying to figure this out.

Did the previous owner purchase the MaxOut program from this site: https://www.eventideaudio.com/h9-maxout-promo/

or, did they simply have that Core on an account with another H9 Max where they could have simply shared algorithms? This option is not a permanent conversion.

Contact support@eventide.com to determine what it really is.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.