Weird problem

Home Forums Products Rackmount Weird problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

I use a H7600, If I copy preset #876 (Flanged Space 1" into either the User area or the Card (64mb Compact Flash, plenty of space left) things seem OK.

However, as I try to load the preset from either of these locations (not from the Factory location) then I get the folowing error message:

Can't load "Flanged Space 1"

Can't explain

I rebooted the device to no avail. I'm clueless. I can load other presets in that exact location (same bank) without problems. As satetd earlier, I can also load 876 from the Factory area fine, and it sounds fine.

Help!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hard to know – the error message is unhelpful. I would suggest that you:

1) Try another card and if possible adaptor.

2) Try other programs.

3) Return the unit to factory defaults (this will erase user presets).

J20056
      Participant

Well, the problem happens even if I store program #876 to the Internal, not just the Card. It also happens with program #877, but otherwise works fine with say #824 or lower.

I only need to do this so I can call MIDI program changes as MIDI can't do numbers >127.

If I return the unit to factory defaults, is it going to mess up my overall config, including usergroups, as that's what I use to send MIDI program changes?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You can always use a MIDImap to deal with the 127 issue.

My guess is that you have a bad card and a corrupted user memory space. Just a guess.

If you return the unit to factory defaults it will do as the name suggests – remove all personal customization. You will not do this lightly.

J20056
      Participant

Does a corrupted user memory space get reformatted by a factory reset? I did get an error about a corrupted memory space a couple of days ago but I ignored it. There may be an explanation there.

I'll reset all and report back. 

J20056
      Participant

I performed all of the following:

1. factory reset

2. reformat external Card

3. fix and reformat Internal memory space

It still doesn't work.

Can someone please try the following for me on a H7600: Load preset #876 (Flanged Space 1), then save the preset from the factory bank to the user bank (on any slot). Try loading the preset from the user bank. I cannot do this on my H7600, and get the error message referenced above. Given the steps that I took to reset/reformat the machine, others should have the same problem, otherwise I have a hardware defect.

Please advise. 

DanielH

Hello!

I got the same behavior with my H7600. I copied the preset #876 to both internal and card, I get this when tryin to load from internal/card : "Cannot load, can't explain". It's the same with preset #877

I haven't got any other error messages lately and i have the latest software version.

J20056
      Participant

I tried #877 and I also get the same error message. All other patches I've tried have worked fine. I'd like to know if Eventide can reproduce this problem.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We'll look into it. In the meantime I would suggest you do not use this patch.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.