Wet/Dry Midi CC

Home Forums Products Rackmount Wet/Dry Midi CC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Priestunes
      Participant

I've read the manual & forum posts (re. Orville) about using midi to control the master wet/dry level via midi. Sadly, unfortunately, and show-stoppingly, however, I've yet to locate the corresponding midi CC (if one there is) to adjust this global setting. Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks, Paul

Priestunes
      Participant

I might be getting to an answer. Is this right? I can set up global min/max to an external controller and set its min/max values to respond to whatever source I select? (foot pedal, midi CC, etc….)

IDeangelis

Are you using an Eclipse or Orville?

I

Priestunes
      Participant

Sorry. I only mentioned the Orville because that was the only thread I could find on the topic of wet/dry commands. I've since read the Eclipse manual more carefully and found a way to alter the wet/dry mix with a foot pedal. I will investigate how to do so via midi. Thanks. 

IDeangelis

Yes, you can also easily use MIDI CCs for that purpose.

I

Priestunes
      Participant

Would you mind describing how this is achieved?

Also, is there a way to have the tap light match the midiclock the Eclipse receives? The delays audibly match the midiclock, but the light seems to be determined only by physical pressing.

thank you!

IDeangelis

It works pretty much as you have already found out for the pedal.

Once you assign a controller to the wet/dry mix, choose an EXTERNAL # as SOURCE. These are placeholders for any type of controllers, including MIDI CCs.

Avoid using EXT 1 and 2 which are already patched to other functions by default. Try EXT #3.

Under SETUP > EXTERNAL you'll find all the EXTs#. Just locate number 3 and set it up with the CC# you want to use. This will control your wet/dry mix then, as per the first patching operation described above.

best

I

Priestunes
      Participant

Ah… OK. Working. I've set up External 4 to correspond to Foot Controller (CC4). I would like just for consistency to have this to be on Midi channel 4, but it won't switch out of Omni.

IDeangelis

That's because you haven't changed the system MIDI channel which defaults on OMNI.

Check SETUP > MIDI and change the MIDI channel to any value other than OMNI.

I

Priestunes
      Participant

thanks. am reading what -3 through 12 means right now.

IDeangelis

just an offset value for the MIDI channel, compared to the system MIDI channel.

i

Priestunes
      Participant

Thanks for all your help today. Was able to set up a preset on my midi controller solely dedicated to a wet/dry feed by way of a pedal. This way when scrolling through and learning algorithms, I can easily find the best mix for that preset: hands-off. Then when saving it and calling it up w/ a program change, I can add the pedal controller, and viola! It's ready to be mixed.Ohh! Just had a thought. I could ball-park what I think would be the best starting point with the wet/dry mix with its own CC, then use the pedal to adjust as needed just in case it doesn't work in one venue vs. another. Whoopee! Geeked

Can't thank you enough!

IDeangelis

You may also consider that every single preset has wet/drymix built in, which can be stored with it.

May be helpful….

best

I

Priestunes
      Participant

Yes. For sure. My main concern was getting whammy/pre-amp effects 100% wet, all around.

But I've checked out differences between an effect at 50% wet at the preset level with main wet/dry at 100% vs. preset at 100% and main wet/dry at 50%. Surprisingly they sound different.

Should I start a new thread for the tap-tempo light question I'd mentioned earlier? (as it's off topic).

IDeangelis

It may depend on which preset you have checked. Remember that a preset made of two algorithms in series has 2 built_in wet/dry mixes…and the first algorithm mix will influence the second one. Setting these up may be more complex.

Regarding the tapTempo button and received MIDI clock, I will inform engineering.

best

I

IDeangelis

Which OS version is your Eclipse running on?

I

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.