What is in the H9000’s Guts and where’s it all maybe going in the Future

Home Forums Products Rackmount What is in the H9000’s Guts and where’s it all maybe going in the Future

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Motion

Hello Eventide or do any others/users know the internal specs of the H9000/R. I search but find nothing beyond the basics.

How much RAM for system and user.

Those Arms, what generation/type are they, there is RAM on these I believe also?

Can the quad chip strips become monolithic? if not, is there other ways to get around this, maybe its never needed but curious to know.

I can foresee some very interesting stuff with the Max/Gen, C+/coding stuff that was mentioned in the link to Eventide forum thread below, we see sequencers, samplers or whole small plugin environments doing cool stuff? The 9000 is more than just FX and Dynamics processing and is the future plan to push into other territories for other creative uses like mini plug in environments that can integrate with maybe processing on other chips doing their thing.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/comment/36691#comment-36691

Just to say thanks to Eventide for latest 1.3x beta, what a massive difference, I think that the “box” is well greased up now, so silky smooth and fast with latest Emote and the Zoom is real handy, I know there is always improvements and bugs and betterment to be had over time but great stuff.

Thanks for any replies and further insights of the here and now and the possible future.

John Baylies
      Participant

Glad you're enjoying the beta! I can't speak about the hardware specs or C++, but Gen is coming along swimmingly.

Here's a preview of a Session that includes a Gen LFO algorithm that I put together: https://youtu.be/XI_-Yes6ERw The Gen LFO is run by a phasor in a Max for Live device, so it's synced to Ableton's transport, and it outputs four audio-rate LFOs that modulate amplitudes and filter frequencies in another algorithm I put together in Vsig3. This will be the basis of a tutorial that will be released sometime next year.

There are quite a few modules in Vsig3 that allow audio-rate control of some parameters, and linking those parameters to Gen LFOs that can sync to a DAW's transport is super interesting to me, since making LFOs in Gen is way easier than making LFOs in Vsig3, and Vsig3 features excellent modules that I have no desire to reverse-engineer in Gen.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.