Where to find a memory card for a DSP7000

Home Forums Products Rackmount Where to find a memory card for a DSP7000

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      pounce
      Participant

Hello

It is a bit tricky to find the correct PCMCIA memory cards for a DSP7000 nowadays. Is there a good known source to find them? I purchased one from eBay recently that was a near miss. It was a 2 meg PCMCIA SDRAM card but it wasn’t compatible with my DSP7000 or another similar vintage TC unit I have. Now that I purchased the wrong card once I don’t want to do that again. I have used the info from the manual to guide me, but some of the card listings on eBay weren’t clear enough about the cards for me to be sure. The one source I’ve found that seems to be correct is rather expensive, so maybe they are just going to be expensive. Any pointers most appreciated so I don’t break the bank, but do get the right card before it’s impossible to find them. Or maybe there is a list of known good cards somewhere that can guide me? I’ve heard that Centenial brand cards were used with success, so that is one good pointer.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

As you are finding out, these are totally obsolete and have not been made for years. Sorry.

You want a PCMCIA Type I SRAM card. Any kind of flash, dram or ATA card is not suitable. No point in getting anything bigger than 4MB.

I had a look on eBay, and there are a few items described as "FUJI SRAM Memory Cards."

These are worth looking at, but I cannot confirm if they are any good.

Or try an eBay search for "pcmcia sram" – this will give a lot of options.

Replace the battery as soon as you get one (unless you are lucky enough to find a rechargeable).

pounce
      Participant

Thanks for the reply
      FWIW, the Fuji 2meg card you mentioned is the one I got that tragically doesn’t work.

Im looking at this page now. This looks to be the most promising source for these cards in 2018.

https://www.amtron.com/sram/

KazRemark
        Participant
        pounce wrote:
        Thanks for the reply FWIW, the Fuji 2meg card you mentioned is the one I got that tragically doesn’t work. Im looking at this page now. This looks to be the most promising source for these cards in 2018. https://www.amtron.com/sram/

Pounce, did you end up buying an PCMCIA Type I SRAM Card card from Amtron?  I am looking for one for my DSP-7000 and am not sure what to buy.  Thx.

pounce
      Participant

I ordered it yesterday and will post on here to confirm it’s working and happy once it arrives.

pounce
      Participant

Delighted to report that the Amtron cards work perfectly. I ordered two, one for the 7000 and one for a TC unit I have. I got the rechargeable 2meg cards, a little under a hundred bucks each. It would be great if they were cheaper, but at the moment I’m just glad to have proper working cards for these before you can’t find them at all. Shipped to me super quick. I’m a happy camper today and I can recommend Amtron as a good source for the PCMCIA cards our units require. I’d say get them sooner than later if you want a card as they will only become harder to find and more expensive since it’s such an old format.

cbm
      Participant

What’s the make & model number of the card you ended up ordering?

KazRemark
      Participant

I‘m in need of a PCMCIA SRAM Card for my DSP-7k. It looks like there are 16-bit and 8-but variants, can anyone please share which is the correct bit depth to try? If you have a card that works could you please share make and model, would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.