Where’s my echo?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Where’s my echo?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      scottburk

I'm running the stereo outs of my 2290 into my eclipse and with some presets, the delay repeats are completely gone.  Dry signal's there but no delay.  Happens with some mod presets and guitar preamps.  Got me completely baffled.  Tried playing with the parameters but no luck.  Any thoughts?

IDeangelis

Hi scott

that's really weird. Anything coming into Eclipse is what is considered "dry" sound. The unit can't remove the previous unit dry or wet part of the signal.

Which presets show this (names & numbers)?

How the 2290 is connected to Eclipse?

How Eclipse INPUT MODE is set?

best

I

I suppose that you are running with the I/O mode Output set to mono…try to switch to Stereo Output mode. If I correctly remember, the left and right wet sound of TC2290 are in phase opposition so, If you are using the Mono output mode, their sum is cancelled.

IDeangelis

The 2290 is a strictly mono digital delay. Phase canceling would be possible only at zero delay time. If the unit is set to a longer delay time, I don't see how this could happen.

It would also be interesting how the 2290 preset is setup, having delay on one channel only or….. this coupled to incorrect Eclipse I/O mode and/or wiring may cause the issue.

best

I

The 2290 is mono in and "stereo out" in the sense that the dry+wet signal is sent to L/R output, and you can control the phase of the wet part of the signal…So, if your wet Left signal has + phase and Right signal has – phase, when you add together you have no signal…even if your wet signal is not at zero delay time…

IDeangelis

only IF the wet signal is outputted by both outputs at the same exact level. Otherwise you can't have phase canceling.

I

Of course! Smile …the wet signal is outputted by both outputs at the same exact level if the Pan parameter of the 2290 is set at 50%.

M

scottburk

You guys are right.  It's a phase issue with the stereo output of the 2290.  I lose the delays on patches where the eclipse combines the inputs.  If I engage the Pan function on the 2290, I get the delays back.  Thanks for the help!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.