Will Pay for custom H8000 patches

Home Forums Products Rackmount Will Pay for custom H8000 patches

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      jcshirke
      Participant

I am willing to pay someone who uses vSig (or vSigX…I have a Mac myself) to make me one or two custom virtual rack presets. I would like to have two TC 2290 delays in the same rack.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jeff

IDeangelis

Hi Jeff

…just a quick suggestion for the TC2290 preset…

if you use any of the 2 editors (Vsig/vSigX) you can simply highlight all the modules in the TC2290 patch, copy and paste them after the modules of the first 2290…then connect the UI menus, store the preset and you are done w/a double 2290.

best

I

IDeangelis

like this…

I

jcshirke
      Participant

Thank you so much, Italo! Big Smile

Did you hook them up in serial or parallel? I will see soon…I have not loaded the patch yet, but I will!

Thanks a million!

Jeff

IDeangelis

You're welcome, Jeff.

I connected the 2 2290s in parallel, using I/Os 1 and 2 for the first and 3 And 3 for the second.

Let me know if this is different from what you need and I'll make the necessary quick adjustments.

best

I

jcshirke
      Participant

Italo,

It would be great if you could also make one in series. Sometimes I need parallel, and other times series. 🙂

A million thanks!!

Jeff

IDeangelis

Jeff

you mean a 2290 > 2290?

Really?

Curious about why would you need a delay into another delay….

cheers

I

jcshirke
      Participant

Italo,

These double 2290 presets are for U2 covers. Sometimes Edge uses two delays; one delay is prominent in the mix, and the other delay is more subtle. I agree that most of the time the delays are probably in parallel, but some people think that serial delays may be used on some songs. I wouldn't mind being able to experiment between the two different types of sounds just to hear the differences for myself.

Cheers,

Jeff

IDeangelis

Cool!

I'll see if I can add a"neat trick" to it then….

I

jcshirke
      Participant

IDeangelis:

Cool!

I'll see if I can add a"neat trick" to it then….

I

Hi, Italo,

Just checking in to see if you had any time to make this patch for me. I owe you big time! (And no rush…I was just saying hello.)

Thank you!

Jeff

IDeangelis

Hi Jeff

some work's up…so time has been short.

I'll try my best. Was also thinking to add the preset to next OS release….

best

I

jcshirke
      Participant

Italo,

I know you're very busy. No worries.

If you can add this preset to the next OS release, that would be fantastic. Can you add the parallel version with 2 2290s also?I know I would use both of them all the time.

Thanks again!

Jeff

IDeangelis

Jeff

I was thinking to make it series OR parallel via an internal switch; so the user will be able to choose how to run it…..

I have to check if it's a simple mod. My doubt is on the SERIES one. So let me ask you something.

As you have noticed the 2290 preset has dry sound in it, with level AND panning dynamic modulation. So, when set in series, the firts 2290 will feed the second both dry and wet. The second 2290 will have its own dry….and that's wrong. The management of dry sound is complex here and I'm not sure how to implement it in this series of 2290s.

Another factor that adds complexity is the dynamic modulation. The single 2290 preset gets its dynamic modulation (chorusin/duckin/pannin) from the dry sound level, even though you may cut dry sound level to 0%. When you put 2 2290s in series and use no dry thru from the first, the dynamic mod of the second will be triggered by by the delays of the first, whose mod is already triggered by dry sound. The second 2290 will sound awful as dynamics are not well controlled, being already processed in the first 2290.

I'm even asking myself if having the 2 in series has any value at all!

I

jcshirke
      Participant

Hi Italo,

Sorry I took so long to reply. I was trying to find out whether or not anyone knew if The Edge ever used two 2290s in series. So far I have had no luck getting a definitive answer.

So, I would say that since you have all of those concerns about placing two 2290s in serial, then just stick with the parallel preset only. Maybe there are other delay types that could be run serially that would not have the same problem? Just a thought.

I can't wait for the OS update now. Thank you!

Jeff

IDeangelis

Hi Jeff

I seriously doubt The Edge would use two delays in series. The first delay would also *delay* the second one:

-if first is set at, say, 450 ms, and the second at 600 ms, you'd hear a delay after 450ms and another after 1050 ms (450+600)…and any rhythm related calculation would be a mess. While having them in parallel makes things much easier.

I'm curious though. If you ever get a reply that makes sense I'd be willing to know about it.

Thanks

I

jcshirke
      Participant

Hi Italo,

If I come across anymore definitive information about his use of 2 2290s, I will let you know.

Thanks so much for making the new preset that has 2 2290s in parallel. I can't wait for the OS update! 🙂

Jeff

IDeangelis

Thanks Jeff!

The next OS will also include PCM70 V2.0 perfect replicas of Circular Delays and Pan Delays, among some other things.

So, finally, the discerning guitarist will have a full collection of Eventide/TC/Lexi/Dytronics classic units in_a_box!

best

I

jcshirke
      Participant

Hi Italo,

That sounds fantastic.

One more question about the new OS: Will it include the Eventide Stompbox effects like the upgrade for Eclipse did? I really love TimeFactor's vintage delay. To me, it sounds a lot like my old Korg SDD-3000 delay, so I would be thrilled to see it show up in the new H8000 OS also.

Looking forward to the release. Do you have a rough idea of when the upgrade will be ready?

Thank you!

Jeff

jcshirke
      Participant

Italo,

How's that double 2290 preset coming along? 🙂 I really need it in the next OS update!!

No pressure, though. 😉

Just saying hello. Thank you!

Jeff

IDeangelis

Hi Jeff

it's already in the 5.5beta OS, available on the website.

The new OS also features TF and MF pedals presets and some new presets:

-BANK 6-

BULGE TALES
      4 chorusdelays feed a 2 voice
      modulatable shifter. Balance controls the final mix between the 2 fx. Tweaked for classic M.L. chorusdelays.
      Stereo I/O

-BANK 8-

CHORS'N'ECHO
      4 chorusdelays set as classic '80s racks sounds.
      Stereo I/O

-BANK 15-

AUTOPITCHCORRECT 4CH
      Automatically corrects any vocal that is within half a semitone of the correct pitch.  Outside of this range it will pull to the next note. Note that this process will quantize the pitch of the signal (you do have control over the quantize factor) so becareful, as you may loose slides and 4 independent mono channels I/O.

-BANK 16-

FoH FX RACK #1
      In1>dtune+dly&verb in parallel>out1&2
      in2>dly+verb in parallel>out&2
      in3>detune
      in4>detune
      both detuners 3&4 have dly+verb in parallel>out3&4

FoH FX RACK #2
      In1>dtune>dly+diff/verb in parallel>out1&2
      in2>detune
      in3>detune
      in4>detune
      all+dly/verb in parallel>out3&4

-BANK 17-

GILMOUR DLYS & PAN
      Gilmour style stereo delays with frequency shifter panning the image.
      Stereo I/O.

-BANK 65-

2 TC2290s
      2 TC2290 Dynamic Delays in parallel.
      Delay can be tapped in w/an ext switch.
      Set it in the system menu.
      Delay modulation and level can be dynamically controlled. Dly and Dry panning can be dynamically controlled too. Dly/dyn/pan mod switches enable dynamics controlled modulations.
      Tweaked for dyn
      panning/ducking/detuning echo.
      In 1+2 > first 2290 > out 1+2
      In 3+4> second 2290 > out 3+4
      Dual summed in/stereo out.

CIRCULAR DELAYS
      Pcm70 V2.0 very popular preset now available on your Eventide.
      Stereo I/O.

DEP5_alg6
      Roland DEP5 algorithm 6 replica.
      EQ>Reverb>Chorus in series and
      parallel.
      16 bit dithering applied.
      Sum mono in/ stereo out.

PAN DELAYS
      Pcm70 V2.0 very popular preset now available on your Eventide.
      Stereo I/O.

give it a try!

cheers

I

jcshirke
      Participant

Somehow I didn't get the news about the OS update. I installed it the other day, and I just was messing around with the H8000 a bit tonight. I'll really spend some time with the new presets tomorrow.

Thank you, Italo! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

Best,

Jeff

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.