Wishlist

Home Forums Products Rackmount Wishlist

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      MFPhouse
      Participant

Perhaps we can make here a Wishlist Topic/Thread for the next H8000 Update?s/Upgrade?s.

I wish a JamMan Looper  in the H8000

Thanks Michael 

tonyshred
      Participant

My quest will be a multiknob that can display text as well as numbers.

regards

Tony 

filch
      Participant

Porting the Pro-tools control solutions to VST

Would be great to hear details of how the H8000FW is being used for live surround sound 🙂  … or recording in surround !

siriusbliss

+1 for VST's.  Big market there for the taking…

<> Greg

boeklanoei

My wishes for an H8000FW update would be:

* total E-control intergration for; cubase (logic,nuendo,sonar and so on)
      * E-control as; standalone/vst/DX
      * More patchs/algorhimes in the Vocal; editting,modeling,pitchifting,sexe-change categories
      * More synthesizer algohrimes/patches options like: ADSR, LFO's,filters.
      * Wavetables options such as synthesizing.
      * bigger, larger editting each patch/algorhime.
      * Better routing options (without Vsig) when it comes up to; putting/running effects over a track (in DAW).

IDeangelis

Yeah! That's basically the H12000eSATA!

;-))

I

jcshirke
      Participant

Keep adding to the vintage fx group. Top of my list is: E-H Deluxe Memory Man algorithm (w/modulation, of course).

A friend of mine thought his Orville already had it, but maybe he was wrong. I don't see it listed in the H8000 presets. Surely this would be easy for you, Italo! 😉

IDeangelis

Vintage units replicas are not easy. They require a careful study of the original unit and a number of other informations. I don't have a Memory Man at the moment……but you never know what future may bring.

😉

jcshirke
      Participant

What if I sent you one? 🙂

IDeangelis

Then I'd have something real to work on/with and possibly make a replica.

See, many companies claim they have a replica of this and that. I wonder if they really worked with original unit in re_craeting it.

I know some did…but it seems a fashion today. Everybody has its replicas!

😉

jcshirke
      Participant

Italo,

A friend of mine (and former Eclipse user) told me he has created a preset in the Eclipse to come very, very close to the DMM sound. If I wanted to try to recreate that algorithm in the H8000, what would be involved? Could a novice like me do it in vSig, or would it be very difficult to do without much experience? What would be the first steps I would need to take to try to port those settings over to the H8000?

Jeff

IDeangelis

I don't know what wouldbe involved. I personally work with the original unit and know Vsig "decently".

Could a novice do it in Vsig?  If you learn how to use it.

It's not about settings here; it's about the algorithm structure that should be similar to the analog structure of the original unit.

It's a fairly complex learning and developing process any human can do, provided passion, time, will and the right tools.

Ask your friend about his "tweak".

jcshirke
      Participant

What I should have asked is how do I find out the algorithm structure for that Eclipse preset so that I can replicate it for H8000?

Thanks,

Jeff

froombosch

Replicating an vintage unit is not easy. It takes time and patience and a lot of knowlegde on the unit your going to replicate. I spend a lot of time with the Dimension D replica. The entire schematic was recalculated and then put into VSIG. And the Dim D is fairly simple because there is so much information you can get out of the schematics.

With digital machines it is even harder, because you need to get information on the algorithms used. And without that information it is almost imposible. I used a lot of time searching thru patents to get more information on the tricks compagnies used and there is a lot of info on the internet. It is tough work, but fun to do when you have the time.

After that break the rules and make it all different 😉

Harrie

……. still spending some spare time on the EMT-250 replica….

IDeangelis

That EMT must be a hard beast to rep, Harrie!

Angry

cheers

froombosch

Yes it is. I've built a version now that is almost an exact replica, but only working with  1.5 seconds reverb time. All the delaysettings need recalculating for every reverbtime preset. Dr Blesser explained to me that he did a lot of work on that. And because of other business and studiowork I did/could not spend a lot of time on this project. The sound of the replica is great. I am using the replica on vocals mainly. I compared it to the sound of the original and they do sound alike. Some of the differences I still need to tweak out.

When we had a shootout lately it sounded a lot better on vocals then the Lex 300/PCM 91 and a lot of the presets we tried in the 8k. After that experience I am putting some more energy back into this project.

Siem
      Participant

I would like a software plugin which shows all the 'pages' of a program at the same time and it would be able to show the meters used in a program in nice graphics.
      But above all I would very much like a Mac os 10.5 compatible driver for my H8000fw.

antonzedd

I love the fact that there are stompboxes now, as a guitar player its absolutely a dream come true. I just wish that there was another pedal that did pitch shifting available, I hope that Eventide releases something like a "pitchfactor", its this possible considering the algorithms involved to compacted into a smaller unit? Cheers!

boeklanoei

QUOTE ITALO: ''Yeah! That's basically the H12000eSATA!''

It's absolutely not necessary to build a total new concept/unit. Most of my wishes would be a quenstion of software; new algorhimes/presets. Everything I wish for is possible with (more software space in the unit). Defintly without building a total new unit. I dont want new; menu's/ complete re-create interface/ total new algorhimes and so on.

I would also like to see (since we speak about replica's) good sounding replica's when it comes up to famous and well know: channelstrips,preamps,limiters,mixing consoles,compressors like: manley,SSL,Neve and so on.

Are there any in the H8000FW already?

IDeangelis

Synthesis and Modelins, as you requested, would require a new unit indeed.

As far as good sounding compressors, channel strips, etc…there are all in there.

You'd be surprised at how much stuff is there if you carefully look in the unit.

Colin

Current vSigX Support would be wonderful!
      I have been using vSigX and I love it, but I recently compared it to vsig and noticed there were a few extra features I liked 🙂 Had to give the pc back though… I bet your mac user base has grown a lot in the last few years!

MFPhouse
      Participant

" bump "

…and more 8/8 Thrue Stereo Linked Presets with a Mix or Dry/Wet  Parameter

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.