Wonky Big Knob – how to fix

Home Forums Products Rackmount Wonky Big Knob – how to fix

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      drxcm
      Participant

Hi guys,

The big knob on my Eve/Net and also one of my H3000’s spins eccentrically.  The shaft is straight, it’s just the way the knob is seated on the shaft I think.

Any idea on how to remove it?  I can see two small holes on the knob, but don’t want to strip any screws down there.  What tool is needed to remove the knob?

Cheers in advance,

Stuart

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The two small holes on the knob are for the hex socket screws that both clamp the knob to the shaft and allow some adjustment for eccentricity.

To get at them you will need a 1/16" hex driver. I use Xcelite LN-21.

drxcm
      Participant

Thanks will pick one up!

Alsom my H3000 knob is a little stiff.  Every rotation it lets out a little noise, like a worn out brake pad on a car, metal on metal.  Any suggestions to lubricate?

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        drxcm wrote:

Alsom my H3000 knob is a little stiff.  Every rotation it lets out a little noise, like a worn out brake pad on a car, metal on metal.  Any suggestions to lubricate?

Can't tell from here, but my guess would be that it is rubbing against the panel. Try loosening it a little, and moving it up the shaft away from the panel. Then tighten.

drxcm
      Participant

Thanks Nick,

It’s definitely not the knob that is touching the panel.  It sounds like its the shaft.  It’s not every rotation through 360 degrees, more intermittent.  Seems like the shaft needs lube..

S

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Alas – I have no ideas. This part is now way beyond its service life.

Your best bet is to ignore it, but a teeny bit of WD40 might be worth trying at your risk.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.