Wordclock in 5.6b3

Home Forums Products Rackmount Wordclock in 5.6b3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      violetpow
      Participant

Hello Nick,

since 5.6b3 i get problems to sync the right sample rate on my H8000FW.

My wordclock system runs in 44.1 khz and there are an Orville, Preamp and H8000FW in the chain (RME Fireface 800 as Master). Every device is lock correctly, but the H8000 goes straight to 48 khz after booting. This issue i hadn't in 5.6b2.
      My setup and the connection are the same since b2 and is not moved or reconnected.

Do you have an explanation or solution for this issue?

all the best

Mathias

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi Mathias

Not aware of any such issues with 5.6. You could always go back to 5.5, but I would check your cables and settings first.

violetpow
      Participant

This happens also, if i sync to ADAT not wordclock. Sometimes goes to 48000 hz and sometimes to 40518 hz after booting and is of couse not locked to a clock.

violetpow
      Participant

i forget to say, that when the samplerate is wrong after booting, i go to the setup menu set the clock source to "int 44.1" and after the samplerate is gone to 44100 hz i can set the souce to wordclock or ADAT and its locked.

I guess there is still an issue in the firmware.

cheers

Mathias

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi Matthias

I can't duplicate this, so I have to believe it is a problem at your end. Try using the Orville as the W/C source and see if you have the same problem.

violetpow
      Participant

Hi Nick,

after "fix internals" and restarting the H8k on ADAT clock, i can sync now to wordclock permanently. i don't know why, the cables and everything are the same.

I suppose its hard to dublicate this issue, but there is something wrong with your firmware.

all the best

Mathias

zazula
      Participant

Hi –

Adding a +1 on this issue.  Upgraded from 5.5 to 5.6B3 and was unable to sync to my Mac over firewire.  Setup reported internal clock but FireWire1 and 2 were "slipping". 

Rebooted the unit a few times with no change.  I saw the note above about "fix internals" so I ran that.  On next reboot, the system said something about problems, and "recommend a restart".  Yikes!

Powered down again and now it seems to be syncing fine.

Something should be looked at here.

Ralph

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.