Drive ⇆ Vibe
Ready to be swept away? Introducing Riptide, the result of extensive research into the iconic Uni-Vibe and legendary overdrives. Whether you’re looking to ride the slow, vibey waves of lush modulation or dive headfirst into the pulsing depths of overdrive, Riptide invites you to play with power and attitude that’s unapologetically bold.
Riptide features not one, but two distinct voicings for each effect, all delivered in glorious stereo. Plus, you can effortlessly transition from Drive into Vibe or Vibe into Drive. Let ‘er rip.
- Four Effects: 2 Overdrives, 2 Uni-Vibes
- Drive ⇆ Vibe at the press of a button
- No Deep Dives: 3 Drive Knobs, 3 Vibe Knobs
- Five presets at your feet — more available with Eventide Device Manager (EDM) software
- Dual-action Active Footswitch is latching or momentary
- Rear panel Guitar/Line Level switch for matching impedances with guitar, synths, FX loop or DAW interface
- Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal
- Use a single Aux switch for Tap Tempo or a triple Aux switch for easy preset changing
- MIDI capability over TRS (use with a MIDI to TRS cable Type A or converter box) or USB
- Multiple Bypass options: Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX or Kill dry
- Catch-up mode to dial in your sound when toggling between presets/parameters
- Eventide Device Manager PC or Mac application for software updates, system settings and creating/saving presets
Two Colors of Drive
Riptide features a balanced distortion with superb dynamics and touch sensitivity. Green is a dynamic, mid-range crunch. Red is a smooth and boosted overdrive.
Two Colors of Vibe
Authentic Shin-ei Uni-Vibe emulation captures the richness and modulation of the original, in stereo! Green is the traditional Uni-Vibe. Red is a deeper, phase-y Vibe.
Eventide Device Manager
Unlocking the full potential of your Eventide pedal is easy with EDM. Connect the pedal via the USB port to your computer for direct access to all functionality of the pedal. EDM software allows users to control every parameter in a digital realm: Install software updates, create and manage presets, set up MIDI, and backup/restore the device. Effortlessly make changes by auditioning and experimenting with different sounds directly from the software.
1/4″ TRS / Mono = Tip, Stereo = Tip & Ring
1/4″ TS Mono / Mono Output
1/4″ TS Mono / Stereo Output
1/4″ TRS / Expression pedal, Aux Switch or MIDI I/O
Sets Input to Mono (Tip) or Stereo (Tip + Ring)
Guitar/Line Level Switch
Optimizes internal gain structure
Software updates, MIDI I/O
DC Input Jack
5.5mm / 2.1mm plug / Center Negative (-)
700k ohms Mono, 990k ohms Stereo
Max Input, Guitar
Max Input, Line
Recommended Load Impedance
9V DC @ 300mA / Center Negative (-), 5.5mm/2.1mm jack (BOSS standard)
4″ W x 4.25″ D x 1.68″ H / 102 mm x 108 mm x 43 mm
1.06 lb / 0.48 kg
7.7″ W x 4.75″ D x 2.8″ H / 178 mm x 121 mm x 71 mm
1.68 lb / .77 kg