April 2023….update on fan control?

Home Forums Products Rackmount April 2023….update on fan control?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Kamurah
      Participant

The ability to control fan speeds was something mentioned long ago as a work in progress.  Any updates?

My studio is small…and currently the ONLY device I own which produces fan noise is the H9000.

I would love to be able to track mic’d instruments / vocals through the device, or at least use it for effects sends while tracking….but I just cannot do it with that fan running.

Any progress?

If this has already been addressed, and I missed the update…please forgive my inquiry.

Jago_Marris
      Participant

Still the same. Im migrating my H9000’s to a small cabinet under my rack with doors to stop the noise from being heard.

ddv
      Participant

Feels like the H9000 is a dead product to me. Eventide is apparently spending all their resources on the H90 and software products. It’s really a shame, I had high hopes that there would be regular updates and improvements to this very expensive “flagship” product.

Kamurah
      Participant

I keep waiting and hoping, but the reality for my use case is I may have to let my H9000 migrate to another home if this is never going to be addressed.

Not what I want, but I just cannot justify having it sit mostly unused simply because I don’t have a machine room.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff

There’s an H9000 update in the works at the moment – it’s most definitely not a dead product.  I can’t promise fan speed control in this release, but we’ll see what we can do.

millertime
      Participant

Looking forward to the update. really loving this box. emote is huge for me

reese justice
      Participant

This unit is absolutely incredible, just running it in stereo and being able to use 4 algorithms is beyond anything which came before it. I own eclipse , DSP 7000 and H3000 DSE. each unit has its own sound. I really think you can get absolutely close to the predecessors of this unit if you desire that . Cant wait for the updates of course but if they never updated this unit I could work with it for years. Way to go eventide for creating this dedicated hardware unit!

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

You can find the latest public beta release that includes a setting to reduce the fan speed here: https://www.eventideaudio.com/forums/topic/public-beta-release-h9000-fw-2-1-10-emote-2-1-2/

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.