H9000 + Emote wishlist (undo+redo, copy+paste etc.)

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 + Emote wishlist (undo+redo, copy+paste etc.)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bsfreq
      Participant
      Hello,

I’ve been using my H9000 for some time now and while I’m quite happy with what it can already do, I still hope to see some improvements and I’m really looking forward to all the promised updates. 

First of all, I would like to see a couple of new but fundamental features added to Emote:

1 – Copy / paste (replace) algorithm while preserving routings. (cmd+c / cmd+v, or drag and drop with mouse while holding the alt-button on Mac OS) 

This is something I’m used to when using plugins within my DAW. The ability to copy and replace a plugin with its settings to another track or plugin slot. For now we only have the option to ”swap” algorithms when dragging to a slot with an existing algorithm. 

Also, dragging is not possible when switching between FX chains, so a copy / paste function would be really useful for overall convenience. (For now we can only save a preset and then load it to another slot which is too slow IMO.)

2 – Undo / redo function (cmd+z / cmd+shift+z). 

Combined with the above copy/paste functionality we would also have a convenient way to A/B compare algorithms and settings and be able to easily revert to previous settings when needed.

About the already promised updates:

You’ve told us you’ll be adding the ability to connect between DSPs in the next release.

What exactly does this mean? Direct patch connection only, or will it be possible to also have ”aux send”-type, level adjustable connections between algorithms running on different  DSPs?

I really hope for the latter, as it would be so cool to be able to have midi mappable send levels inside the H9000 without having to use an external mixer when running multiple instruments through the H9000 simultaneously. (Of course this would require the possibility to route multiple algorithm ”sends” to the same algorithm input /return)

I also hope we’ll be able to combine multiple inputs and outputs more freely soon.

Thanks for all your work! I hope you’ll be able to release some updates soon. We’re all here patiently waiting. 😉

dbaylies
      Eventide Staff

Hey bsfreq,

I can respond to the Emote requests.

bsfreq wrote:

1 – Copy / paste (replace) algorithm while preserving routings. (cmd+c / cmd+v, or drag and drop with mouse while holding the alt-button on Mac OS)

Agreed, that'd be good. I put this request in our system, hopefully we can address it in a future release.

bsfreq wrote:

2 – Undo / redo function (cmd+z / cmd+shift+z).

This would be wonderfully useful, but it unfortunately tricky to implement due to the way Emote is set up. I've got it on the back burner though, and hope to implement it eventually.

bsfreq wrote:

Thanks for all your work! I hope you’ll be able to release some updates soon. We’re all here patiently waiting. 😉

Still forging ahead!

David

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      bsfreq wrote:

You’ve told us you’ll be adding the ability to connect between DSPs in the next release.

What exactly does this mean? Direct patch connection only, or will it be possible to also have ”aux send”-type, level adjustable connections between algorithms running on different  DSPs?

I really hope for the latter, as it would be so cool to be able to have midi mappable send levels inside the H9000 without having to use an external mixer when running multiple instruments through the H9000 simultaneously. (Of course this would require the possibility to route multiple algorithm ”sends” to the same algorithm input /return)

I also hope we’ll be able to combine multiple inputs and outputs more freely soon.

It turned out to be more difficult than we expected to make the UI work properly for inter-DSP connections.  We're still planning to do this though.  We were initially just going to allow direct 1-1 patch connections, but subsequently had the idea to add mixing and gain control within the H9000 main audio router, enabling more complex setups.  We'll get there – thanks for being patient.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.