H9000R Emote 1.1.5[2] on Catalina

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000R Emote 1.1.5[2] on Catalina

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      wurst
      Participant

Hi,

I just received my H9000R, and I’m setting it up.

I downloaded the Emote 1.1.5[2] installer, since its title has H9000R in it, but that won’t run on my Catalina Mac. I get “bad CPU type”, which tells me that the binary is 32 bit, which isn’t supported on Catalina.

Other forum posts however say that there are issues with 1.2 on Catalina and recommend sticking with 1.1.5 for now. Further, the 1.2 installer says it’s for the H9000 as opposed to the H9000R.

Any advice on which version of Emote I should be installing? I’ll try out 1.2 in the meantime since that’s all that will install for me atm.

Cheers.

jfirlik
      Eventide Staff

We're just discovering this dilemma with some new H9000R users – since 1.1 was released before Catalina but some new H9000Rs require it to update the software through the normal application updater. 

To get around this, you can use the 1.2 USB installers together with Emote 1.2 to update your H9000 through the Recovery mode.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/usb-installer-h9000

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/emote-software-h9000-mac

See p. 3 of the H9000R addendum for more info on Recovery mode:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/h9000r-addendum

If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact support@eventide.com with a reference to this forum post.

wurst
      Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ll try that out in a bit.

I wonder though: wouldn’t it be easy to do a 64-bit build of 1.1? I’ve never built releases for OS X, so I might be missing something, but I’d assume you still have the source code for 1.1 somewhere and if the only difference is 32- versus 64-bit a compiler flag flip might be all it takes.

wurst
      Participant

I just wanted to let you know that the USB installer worked fine for me, including doing everything using the WiFi dongle that was included in the box. Thanks for including that and the USB drive to make that possible.

Nima Chatrsimab
      Participant

Hi,

Luckily I saw this topic here and could follow the instructions. It took me a few hours and I feel this should have been done by now. This issue was reported in June and we have October now and this problem doesn’t seem to be solved. I contacted Eventide support and they told me to write it down here again… Feels like the Ping Pong Delay Fx becomes a real thing πŸ˜‰ So when can H9000R users expect a proper installation for Mac OS Catalina?

jfirlik
      Eventide Staff
      wurst wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ll try that out in a bit.

I wonder though: wouldn’t it be easy to do a 64-bit build of 1.1? I’ve never built releases for OS X, so I might be missing something, but I’d assume you still have the source code for 1.1 somewhere and if the only difference is 32- versus 64-bit a compiler flag flip might be all it takes.

Yes indeed, it’s a little bit of work but we will likely do this as a more permanent solution now that we realize its an issue.

jfirlik
      Eventide Staff
      Nima Chatrsimab wrote:

Hi,

Luckily I saw this topic here and could follow the instructions. It took me a few hours and I feel this should have been done by now. This issue was reported in June and we have October now and this problem doesn't seem to be solved. I contacted Eventide support and they told me to write it down here again… Feels like the Ping Pong Delay Fx becomes a real thing πŸ˜‰ So when can H9000R users expect a proper installation for Mac OS Catalina?

Hi there,

Sorry you've been running into this issue – just to clarify, is your issue with updating an H9000R from 1.1 to 1.2, and were you able to resolve this using Recovery Mode as described in the post from June?  Versions 1.2 and above should be fully compatible with Catalina.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.