Mac M1 Support for Emote.

Home Forums Products Rackmount Mac M1 Support for Emote.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jago_Marris
      Participant

The Apple M2 is out…..It’s no surprise anymore……Why no Apple Silicon Support for Emote?

M3, M4? How long to wait?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

It’s definitely on the “to do” list. We ask for your patience.

Jago_Marris
      Participant

There are a lot of things on the to do list……Just how big is that list now?

Jago_Marris
      Participant

Apple silicon has been out now for 18 months…….Just how patient are you asking us to be?  24 months…….36 months……48 months…Just let me know what reasonable patience is and I will try my best to work to it.

studionebula
      Participant

Speaking from the perspective of a developer whose company updated our entire product line of nearly 20 plugins for M1: I would be entirely happy if the folks at Eventide devoted their resources to other issues with eMote and the H9000. First, given that eMote doesn’t process any audio itself, the performance gain of an Apple Silicon version vs. what we have now will probably be unnoticeable. Second, making some educated guesses about how eMote is built and being intimately acquainted with those tools and libraries, the work involved in moving eMote to Apple Silicon will be not insignificant. In short, the cost/benefit ratio is large.

I run eMote nearly daily on an M1 Mac Mini, the same model of Mac that we used for updating my company’s products. The lack of an M1 version is not keeping me from enjoying the H9000. I’d much rather that the networking problems and occasional crashes I encounter were fixed, as well as the VSig problems, the recently reported Undulator problem, etc. were fixed before anyone spends any time on an M1 version.

Just my $0.02 worth, of course.

Jago_Marris
      Participant

Speaking from the perspective of a developer whose company updated our entire product line of nearly 20 plugins for M1: I would be entirely happy if the folks at Eventide devoted their resources to other issues with eMote and the H9000. First, given that eMote doesn’t process any audio itself, the performance gain of an Apple Silicon version vs. what we have now will probably be unnoticeable. Second, making some educated guesses about how eMote is built and being intimately acquainted with those tools and libraries, the work involved in moving eMote to Apple Silicon will be not insignificant. In short, the cost/benefit ratio is large. I run eMote nearly daily on an M1 Mac Mini, the same model of Mac that we used for updating my company’s products. The lack of an M1 version is not keeping me from enjoying the H9000. I’d much rather that the networking problems and occasional crashes I encounter were fixed, as well as the VSig problems, the recently reported Undulator problem, etc. were fixed before anyone spends any time on an M1 version. Just my $0.02 worth, of course.

But Eventide managed to get all of the native plugins Silicon compliant a year ago, I guess that’s where the money is.

Jago_Marris
      Participant

Apple Silicon was released 2 years and 7 months ago and still waiting……

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.