PLEASE help me update Eclipse from v1.101 to version 4 – cards do not work. Also Eclipse question

Home Forums Products Rackmount PLEASE help me update Eclipse from v1.101 to version 4 – cards do not work. Also Eclipse question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Quantum7
      Participant

First I tried Lexar 32 Gig card that I had laying around, but to no avail.  Next I looked at the recommended cards and found the closest one I could find to what was on the list – Amazon.com: SanDisk 512 MB CompactFlash Card, SDCFB-512-A10 CF Type I Card : Electronics   It is a 512mb, as I couldn’t find a 256mb one.  The Eclipse cannot read it, or even format it.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Question – While I’m still on 1.101, is it normal that the Eclipse has only 367 patches….actually less, because some numbers are missing.  Did I buy a defective unit?

Thanks!

Quantum7
      Participant

No one here has any advice for me?

noodle1
      Participant

Don’t worry, the earlier versions were much different on presets/firmware. If I remember correctly the earlier v1 firmwares were picky about the capacity (256MB, for sure less than 2GB) and (FAT) format of the card. I can’t give full update instructions right this second but wanted to give a response so you’re not worried about your new Eventide unit. Search function is your friend.

Here is an earlier post from earlier in the year:  https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/rackmount/eclipse-300-update-issue/

I had the exact same problem. What fixed it was:

1. Format the CF card using the eclipse, not the mac.

2. Make sure the CF card is the right capacity, these days the cards are all too big so I had to find a 256MB card and that worked like a charm.

Quantum7
      Participant

Thanks, everyone.  I am now going to order this one from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/256MB-Sandisk-Compact-Flash-Card/dp/B005TCYNW0/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3C9W2Q1VC5UH4&dchild=1&keywords=256mb+cf+card&qid=1630606499&sprefix=256mb%2Caps%2C170&sr=8-3

It would be nice though if someone could point to one on Amazon for me that actually worked for you.  Anyone?  🙂

Quantum7
      Participant

Which one of these might work the best?  I do not know the difference of what is exactly different between these 256mb cards.

Thanks!

Quantum7
      Participant
      nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Can't promise anything, as your setup is beyond our control. Sandisk is a good brand (they invented the CF card, I believe). Use a new card and DO NOT format it. 512M should be OK, but nothing above 1G. Prolific is good, but see below.

If you continue to have trouble, try the serial. But be aware that there are a lot of knockoffs of Prolific, and as a result they have discontinued the drivers for the older ones. Buy a new one from a known supplier (not eBay).

You may well have problems with a unit that old (probably 20 years), and there will be limited support we can offer. If all else fails, either return to sender, or put it in for service (support@eventide.com).

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If all else fails, either return to sender, or put it in for service (support@eventide.com).

noodle1
      Participant
      Quantum7 wrote:

No one here has any advice for me?

There’s also a Plan B: the SERIAL update method. You will need Windows with a serial port or USB/serial adapter cable as I understand it.

Note v3.5 will need to be flashed first (before flashing to v4.0 firmware)

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads

I’ve heard the old units/firmware were pickier about the cards so just wanted to throw this out there!

Quantum7
      Participant
      nickrose wrote:

Can’t promise anything, as your setup is beyond our control. Sandisk is a good brand (they invented the CF card, I believe). Use a new card and DO NOT format it. 512M should be OK, but nothing above 1G. Prolific is good, but see below.

If you continue to have trouble, try the serial. But be aware that there are a lot of knockoffs of Prolific, and as a result they have discontinued the drivers for the older ones. Buy a new one from a known supplier (not eBay).

You may well have problems with a unit that old (probably 20 years), and there will be limited support we can offer. If all else fails, either return to sender, or put it in for service (support@eventide.com).

I’m trying one more card, then will try the serial cable method.  If this doesn’t work, can I send it to Eventide to be fixed/updated?  Thanks!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.