The new HotSawz algorithm is available for the H9 now!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes The new HotSawz algorithm is available for the H9 now!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Author
      gkellum
      Participant
      We just released a new version of the H9 software with accompanying new releases of H9 Control containing the HotSawz algorithm.

If you'd like to check out the new HotSawz algorithm, please install the latest version of H9 Control and update your H9 to the latest software.

Here's a quick guide we put together for updating your H9:

varvello

Hi Guys,

I’ve just updated to version 5.4.2[1] but there is not the HotSawz. I also restored purchases on my H9 max, but nothing new happened.

Moreover the guide here https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/new-hotsawz-algorithm-available-h9-now is not updated, to restore purchases you have to go to settings, then to “sync algorithms on H9 with server” and finally click on “sync algorithms on H9 with server”

Cheers

Davide

gkellum
      Participant

Have you downloaded and installed the new version of H9 Control, v3.5.0?  

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/product/1151/installers

You need to install both the latest versions of H9 Control and the H9 software to see and use the new algorithm.

You can check which version of H9 Control you have installed by clicking on the Settings button in H9 Control's bottom bar and going to About.

varvello

You are right, I haven’t downloaded the latest version of H9 Control, now it works!!

Thanks

gkellum wrote:

Have you downloaded and installed the new version of H9 Control, v3.5.0?  

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/product/1151/installers

You need to install both the latest versions of H9 Control and the H9 software to see and use the new algorithm.

You can check which version of H9 Control you have installed by clicking on the Settings button in H9 Control’s bottom bar and going to About.

csabeevs

anyone else getting constant connection errors when trying to upgrade the firmware? the H9 control IOS upgraded wihtout issues and every time I try to upgrade the H9 firmware it says clearing flash then after a while it just says conenction error. the only way to recconnect is powering off the unit and back 

gkellum
        Participant
        Csabeevs wrote:

anyone else getting constant connection errors when trying to upgrade the firmware? the H9 control IOS upgraded wihtout issues and every time I try to upgrade the H9 firmware it says clearing flash then after a while it just says conenction error. the only way to recconnect is powering off the unit and back 

This happens with some iPhones when they are connected to the H9 over Bluetooth.  Unfortunately, we've never been able to reproduce this problem.  So, we've never been able to fix it.  You'll need to update your H9 using a USB cable instead.

csabeevs
        gkellum wrote:

Csabeevs wrote:

This happens with some iPhones when they are connected to the H9 over Bluetooth.  Unfortunately, we’ve never been able to reproduce this problem.  So, we’ve never been able to fix it.  You’ll need to update your H9 using a USB cable instead.

just for the record I’m getting the error on an ipad pro not iphone, but I’ll try and get a cable 😀

thanks

jarvss

The iPad App closes when selecting Pedal View on any screen where it’s available.

I have an iPad Pro 9.7 and an H9 Max connecting via Bluetooth

Megalodon
      Participant

This worked for my max but only after I reinstalled the previous update. Im still trying to update my core. I get timeouts and bad updates after it restarts. I’ve unplugged my midi cables and that got it passed the erase part but now it won’t get to the write/erase screen. Not sure what else to try. Android/ PC is what I’ve used so far (with updated control apps)…

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        Megalodon wrote:
        This worked for my max but only after I reinstalled the previous update. I'm still trying to update my core. I get timeouts and bad updates after it restarts. I've unplugged my midi cables and that got it passed the erase part but now it won't get to the write/erase screen. Not sure what else to try. Android/ PC is what I've used so far (with updated control apps)…

Can you restore your H9 and try updating again? To restore System settings, power up the H9 while simultaneously pressing the Right

Footswitch and the HOTKNOB button until [CLEAR] is displayed.

If that still doesn't work, please try updating the H9 using a USB cable on your PC.

Megalodon
        Participant
        Can you restore your H9 and try updating again? To restore System settings, power up the H9 while simultaneously pressing the Right

Footswitch and the HOTKNOB button until [CLEAR] is displayed.

If that still doesn't work, please try updating the H9 using a USB cable on your PC.

[/quote]

No luck. I used a USB, direct updater, and the update/file sent by support. Everything worked fine before the update. Now when it is powered up it only goes to the update screen and takes a lot longer to start up then before. When in the update process it will get to “write” at 1%, the pedal will display BAD, get a communication error 3 on the app/update, then the pedal displays READY. I’ve tried the previous update, as well. It’s pretty much bricked right now. No luck with initiat or restore either.

William Middlemiss
      Participant

Ive been trying to purchase 6 algorithms in H9 control, but an error comes up (“please update your browser to the latest version” [chrome]) My browser told me it was the latest version but Ive updated it 3 times just in case. Its still not working. Any ideas?

Driven Crane
        Participant
        William Middlemiss wrote:

Ive been trying to purchase 6 algorithms in H9 control, but an error comes up (“please update your browser to the latest version” [chrome]) My browser told me it was the latest version but Ive updated it 3 times just in case. Its still not working. Any ideas?

gkellum
        Participant

Ive been trying to purchase 6 algorithms in H9 control, but an error comes up ("please update your browser to the latest version" [chrome]) My browser told me it was the latest version but Ive updated it 3 times just in case. Its still not working. Any ideas?

What OS and what OS version were you having this problem on?  We added a fix for this problem on Windows 10.  Are you on a different OS?

William Middlemiss
      Participant

Found a solution elsewhere on the forum! 

ibonehren

Hello! I have a similar situation (Windows 7, IE11). How did you solve this problem?

William Middlemiss
        Participant
        ibonehren wrote:

Hello! I have a similar situation (Windows 7, IE11). How did you solve this problem?

I used the instructions in the second post in this thread: https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/cant-purchase-algorithms-through-paypal-through-h9-control

To those who come across the same issue, follow these steps:

1) In the paypal window, right click and select properties.

2) Copy the URL of the page

3) Paste the URL into a new browser window.

4) Complete PayPal transaction

5) In the H9 Control, in Settings, click on Restore Purchases.

After this, the new algorithms are available in your H9 control. ” 

I did this in Chrome, I believe… but it was almost a month ago now. 

Good luck!

gkellum
        Participant
        ibonehren wrote:

We had heard about this issue affecting Windows 10 users, and we added a way in H9 Control for Windows 10 users to make purchases using a standalone browser.  We just realized in the last few days that this problem is also affecting Windows 7 users.  So, we updated the app so you can do this on any version of Windows, not just Windows 10.

This new version of the app (v3.5.3) with this feature should be posted to our website later today.  

mistercharlie
      Participant

The new algorithm looks amazing! I haven’t tried it yet, but I love the idea of a new synth. It’ll even save me some money — I’ve been looking at hardware synths recently.

This looks like typical Eventide: new sounds and new ideas instead of rehashing the Univibe etc, like millions other pedals.

Really looking forward to digging in to this one. Thanks!

aweistrop

I was able to update Control and the software. Hotsawz appears, the preset name loads into the H9 everything looks good, but when I click on the first preset, I get clean guitar tone and just a low frequency hum. None of the presets in the Hotsawz algorithm, when I clicked them, have anything other than a somewhat compressed clean tone and maybe a hum in the background. I have that problem with at least one of the other algorithms that are only found on the H9. I don’t remember which right now, I think the pitchfuzz. The family is sleeping or I’d check. All of the Factor ones work and sound great. Any ideas?

gkellum
        Participant
        aweistrop wrote:
        I was able to update Control and the software. Hotsawz appears, the preset name loads into the H9 everything looks good, but when I click on the first preset, I get clean guitar tone and just a low frequency hum. None of the presets in the Hotsawz algorithm, when I clicked them, have anything other than a somewhat compressed clean tone and maybe a hum in the background. I have that problem with at least one of the other algorithms that are only found on the H9. I don’t remember which right now, I think the pitchfuzz. The family is sleeping or I’d check. All of the Factor ones work and sound great. Any ideas?

Could you do a System Settings reset on your H9?  Sometimes after you update the software on an H9, it's system settings get messed up, and this can in some cases cause problems like what you are describing.  

You can do a system settings reset by powering on your H9 with the right footswitch and the HotKnob switch pressed (the knob in the upper left hand corner of the H9).  This will reset your system settings but it won't affect your presets.

aweistrop
        gkellum wrote:

aweistrop wrote:

Could you do a System Settings reset on your H9?  Sometimes after you update the software on an H9, it’s system settings get messed up, and this can in some cases cause problems like what you are describing.  

You can do a system settings reset by powering on your H9 with the right footswitch and the HotKnob switch pressed (the knob in the upper left hand corner of the H9).  This will reset your system settings but it won’t affect your presets.

I am not sure if it was the systems setting reset or the 5.6 software update but its working and its AWESOME.  Thank you SO much!

Enron
      Participant

This is the algo I’ve been waiting for! Keep up the great work!

Multicellular
      Participant

Trying to update with iPad. Firmware updated. Updated App.

Can hear the demos and ‘try’ – which doesn’t work, but I don’t care, I’ll trust I wanna buy it but

‘Buy’ is greyed out. 

gkellum
        Participant
        Multicellular wrote:

Can hear the demos and 'try' – which doesn't work, but I don't care, I'll trust I wanna buy it but

'Buy' is greyed out. 

Could you double check the version numbers of what you have installed please?  The app should be version 3.5.0.  You can check which version of H9 Control you have installed by clicking on the Settings button in H9 Control's bottom bar and going to About.

The H9 should have version 5.4.2[1].  You can check which version of the H9 software you have by clicking on the Pedal button in H9 Control's bottom bar and going to 'Update Stompbox's Software'.

If both of these version numbers are correct and you are a Max owner, you should click on the Settings button in H9 Control's bottom bar, then go to "sync algorithms on H9 with server" and finally click on "sync algorithms on H9 with server"

jem

I have all the right versions of software on my h9 core and iPad and can try out hotsawz but the buy option is not working (the price is not displayed on the button either). Any help much appreciated.

gkellum wrote:
        Multicellular wrote:

Can hear the demos and 'try' – which doesn't work, but I don't care, I'll trust I wanna buy it but

'Buy' is greyed out. 

Could you double check the version numbers of what you have installed please?  The app should be version 3.5.0.  You can check which version of H9 Control you have installed by clicking on the Settings button in H9 Control's bottom bar and going to About.

The H9 should have version 5.4.2[1].  You can check which version of the H9 software you have by clicking on the Pedal button in H9 Control's bottom bar and going to 'Update Stompbox's Software'.

If both of these version numbers are correct and you are a Max owner, you should click on the Settings button in H9 Control's bottom bar, then go to "sync algorithms on H9 with server" and finally click on "sync algorithms on H9 with server"

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        jem wrote:
        I have all the right versions of software on my h9 core and iPad and can try out hotsawz but the buy option is not working (the price is not displayed on the button either). Any help much appreciated.

Do you have a Core or Max? Are other algorithms' Buy button lit and prices displayed?

jem

Thanks for replying. I have the core and yes all the other non purchased algorithms have a lit buy button with the price shown.

bohan wrote:
        jem wrote:

Do you have a Core or Max? Are other algorithms' Buy button lit and prices displayed?

gkellum
        Participant
        jem wrote:

I was able to reproduce this problem on an iPad myself.  The app was up to date and the H9 was up to date, but the buy button was disabled.  I poked around in the configuration of the HotSawz algorithm in Apple's store, and we made a configuration mistake with the algorithm.  But even after correcting it, the buy button is still inactive.  We're going to need to get in touch with Apple's technical support to figure out why this is.

gkellum
        Participant
        jem wrote:

Ok, I contacted Apple's technical support about this problem, and this problem should be resolved now.  The buy button for HotSawz should be enabled now on iOS devices.

jem

FYI – I have managed to successfully buy the hotsawz algo now by using the H9 app on the MacBook and paying via PayPal.

Thanks for your prompt support in chasing down this issue.

gkellum wrote:
        jem wrote:

I was able to reproduce this problem on an iPad myself.  The app was up to date and the H9 was up to date, but the buy button was disabled.  I poked around in the configuration of the HotSawz algorithm in Apple's store, and we made a configuration mistake with the algorithm.  But even after correcting it, the buy button is still inactive.  We're going to need to get in touch with Apple's technical support to figure out why this is.

Multicellular
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:
        Multicellular wrote:

'Buy' is greyed out. 

Checked. Both the app and the firmware show they are the versions you list. Tried algo sync even though I don’t have Max but nothing. All other algorithms I don’t have show up with a buy button.

Multicellular
        Participant
        Multicellular wrote:
        gkellum wrote:

Multicellular wrote:

Can hear the demos and ‘try’ – which doesn’t work, but I don’t care, I’ll trust I wanna buy it but

‘Buy’ is greyed out. 

Could you double check the version numbers of what you have installed please?  The app should be version 3.5.0.  You can check which version of H9 Control you have installed by clicking on the Settings button in H9 Control’s bottom bar and going to About.

The H9 should have version 5.4.2[1].  You can check which version of the H9 software you have by clicking on the Pedal button in H9 Control’s bottom bar and going to ‘Update Stompbox’s Software’.

If both of these version numbers are correct and you are a Max owner, you should click on the Settings button in H9 Control’s bottom bar, then go to “sync algorithms on H9 with server” and finally click on “sync algorithms on H9 with server”

Checked. Both the app and the firmware show they are the versions you list. Tried algo sync even though I don’t have Max but nothing. All other algorithms I don’t have show up with a buy button.

Also tried to buy via laptop. Different, likely more idiosyncratic issue there. Buy button works, but checkout tries to open iExplorer which I have blocked. Id have thought it would go to default browser, Chrome. Shrug.

Anyway, downloaded the Android app on my work phone and that worked. Now it shows up qnd works on the other devices. 

Just posting to give you bug info, but I’m off to play with it. Sounding good so far!!! 

jem

I’ve tried several iOS devices and they all have the same issue with not allowing a hotsawz purchase. Unfortunately I don’t have any android devices to try so will have to wait for an iOS fix.

Multicellular wrote:
        Multicellular wrote:
        gkellum wrote:

Multicellular wrote:

‘Buy’ is greyed out. 

Could you double check the version numbers of what you have installed please?  The app should be version 3.5.0.  You can check which version of H9 Control you have installed by clicking on the Settings button in H9 Control’s bottom bar and going to About.

The H9 should have version 5.4.2[1].  You can check which version of the H9 software you have by clicking on the Pedal button in H9 Control’s bottom bar and going to ‘Update Stompbox’s Software’.

If both of these version numbers are correct and you are a Max owner, you should click on the Settings button in H9 Control’s bottom bar, then go to “sync algorithms on H9 with server” and finally click on “sync algorithms on H9 with server”

Also tried to buy via laptop. Different, likely more idiosyncratic issue there. Buy button works, but checkout tries to open iExplorer which I have blocked. Id have thought it would go to default browser, Chrome. Shrug.

Anyway, downloaded the Android app on my work phone and that worked. Now it shows up qnd works on the other devices. 

Just posting to give you bug info, but I’m off to play with it. Sounding good so far!!! 

brock
      Participant

HotSawz is one deeply packed algorithm.  That resonant filter … best H9 offering from Eventide yet, when paired up with all those odd/even harmonics.  Relatively few tracking glitches, even when tossing polyphonic chords at it.  It seems to be amplitude based: loudest note wins.  Unique to my experience, in any case.

Granted, it’ll be easier to understand what’s going on here with some basic synthesizer knowledge.  The modulation matrix has LFO, EF, and ADS, aimed at Pitch, Volume, Filter, and detuned oscillators as destinations.  That alone sets up HotSawz as a preset-making machine.  There’s a lot crammed in.

I haven’t run through the [F]actory presets at all, but I’ve already read some ‘complaints’ online.  Just turn the MIX (x4) down.  Near 100% isn’t always appropriate, and that will determine what everything downstream has to chew on.  The 10 multi-parameters are highly interactive.  Subtle tweaks make all the difference.

macgee
      Participant

Thanks Eventide and well done, looking forward to digging into this one

Megalodon
      Participant

I just want to thank Jerome Hyman for figuring out what was wrong with my (supposedly) bricked h9. He discovered there was a bootloader problem and sent some files to restore it totally. Can’t say enough great things about this company! Don’t hesitate to get a support ticket if you can’t find your answer in the forums! Thanks again for all the help.

Driven Crane
      Participant

I can not purchase a new algorithm. My Mac OS is of latest version. And everything of H9 is the latest too. Help me please! When i check out it shows the screen with: the given user name is invalid

Driven Crane
      Participant

I have solved the problem of purchasing by using of an Iphone XS of my wife. I am happy. 3 more algorithms to become MAX!

bansta
      Participant

The HotSawz algorithm sounds amazing! Thanks a lot, Eventide!

Spoderman01

Hi,

I updated my H9 Control app to v3.5.0 (Android) and my H9 Max to v5.6.0 and installed the HotSawz algorithm. This worked fine. I then installed v5.6.0 onto my 2 H9 Cores and both went through the installation without any problems. But when I tried to then try some of the new presets on the Cores, H9 Control wouldn’t let me access the algorithm on either even though the Cores are registered to my account. It was greyed out and directed me to listern, try or buy.

I ended up having to use a coupon to activate them on one of the Cores which then allowed me to access it on the other but I don’t think this should have been necessary. Surely they should have just been available from the Max.

So just wanted to highlight that there might be an access issue when trying to access the algorithm on a Core via a H9 Max.

Thanks,

Seamus

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        spoderman01 wrote:

I updated my H9 Control app to v3.5.0 (Android) and my H9 Max to v5.6.0 and installed the HotSawz algorithm. This worked fine. I then installed v5.6.0 onto my 2 H9 Cores and both went through the installation without any problems. But when I tried to then try some of the new presets on the Cores, H9 Control wouldn't let me access the algorithm on either even though the Cores are registered to my account. It was greyed out and directed me to listen, try or buy.

If you go to Settings and click "Sync algorithms with Server" in H9 Control, you should be able to unlock all algorithms on your Cores.

gkellum
        Participant
        spoderman01 wrote:

So just wanted to highlight that there might be an access issue when trying to access the algorithm on a Core via a H9 Max.

Ok, to access the algorithms on your Cores, you need to resync your Cores with Eventide's server.  You do this by clicking on the Settings button in H9 Control's bottom menubar and going to 'Sync Algorithms on H9 with Server'.  This will install all the algorithms in your account to your Cores.

I'm sorry that you had to use your coupon to get HotSawz on one of your Cores.  If you want to send a quick email to support@eventide.com about that, we can give you that coupon back.

Spoderman01
        gkellum wrote:

spoderman01 wrote:

Ok, to access the algorithms on your Cores, you need to resync your Cores with Eventide’s server.  You do this by clicking on the Settings button in H9 Control’s bottom menubar and going to ‘Sync Algorithms on H9 with Server’.  This will install all the algorithms in your account to your Cores.

I’m sorry that you had to use your coupon to get HotSawz on one of your Cores.  If you want to send a quick email to support@eventide.com about that, we can give you that coupon back.

Great, thanks to you both for the quick responses. Will send that email now.

trebleboost7

Hey folks – I too was finally successful after unplugging my MIDI cables, using bluetooth. Had a little fun with this new algorithm! Thanks Eventide!

Bodde
      Participant

Ok great a synth algo! Didn’t see that one coming… 

Can it do GR300 Metheny sounds? very curious about the tracking.

I know what I am going to do tomorrow. Thanks Eventide!!!

peterfrequency
      Participant

Just logged in to say thanks Eventide for the new algorithm! Really looking forward to trying this one out when I get home.

Definitely appreciate the creative and left-of-centre algorithms. Another win. 🙂

Driven Crane
      Participant

i could cop the tone in 1.45 in this track with a basic preset of Hotsawz!

alexone
      Participant

Great!! Very very excellent algorithm: versatile, sound nice and fat, innovative. I am usually not a bif fan of synthetizer but I find it’s one of the best algorithme of the H9!!

Well done Eventide! 

cljfford
      Participant

All my upgrades went through without too much trouble. The algorithm is a ton of fun! I love the sounds I’m getting. So inspiring. Thanks!

Hi, I have had the HotSawz downloaded and updated for a few days but I can not get any sound from any of the 33 new algorithms. If I go to any other algo and select a tab, say CrushStation F5 Jumbo Shrimp or Mod Delay F8 PhaserEcho2.. everything works as normal. Not HotSawz though. But I can change the parameters etc (either via the app or with an experssion pedal) but still no sound whatsoever. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I contacted support last Friday but haven’t heard back yet.

h9controller
        Eventide Staff
        Morpheus Blue wrote:

Hi, I have had the HotSawz downloaded and updated for a few days but I can not get any sound from any of the 33 new algorithms. If I go to any other algo and select a tab, say CrushStation F5 Jumbo Shrimp or Mod Delay F8 PhaserEcho2.. everything works as normal. Not HotSawz though. But I can change the parameters etc (either via the app or with an experssion pedal) but still no sound whatsoever. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I contacted support last Friday but haven't heard back yet.

Did you install the latest software onto your H9 via Pedal Settings->Update Stompbox's Software in H9 Control?  

You should be seeing "Software Version 5.6.0[0]" installed onto your H9 on the top right of H9 Control from the Pedal Settings page.

h9controller wrote:

Morpheus Blue wrote:

Hi, I have had the HotSawz downloaded and updated for a few days but I can not get any sound from any of the 33 new algorithms. If I go to any other algo and select a tab, say CrushStation F5 Jumbo Shrimp or Mod Delay F8 PhaserEcho2.. everything works as normal. Not HotSawz though. But I can change the parameters etc (either via the app or with an experssion pedal) but still no sound whatsoever. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I contacted support last Friday but haven’t heard back yet.

Did you install the latest software onto your H9 via Pedal Settings->Update Stompbox’s Software in H9 Control?  

You should be seeing “Software Version 5.6.0[0]” installed onto your H9 on the top right of H9 Control from the Pedal Settings page.

Support@eventide suggested I do a factory reset. It’s completely up to date. I have performed the factory reset (INITIA) twice. App uninstalled & reinstalled – Twice – And I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve rebooted the computer (OS Mojave) & the unit. Nothing I do allows me to play the new HotSawz algorithms. Although everything else still works perfectly.

gkellum
        Participant
        Morpheus Blue wrote:

Support@eventide suggested I do a factory reset. It's completely up to date. I have performed the factory reset (INITIA) twice. App uninstalled & reinstalled – Twice – And I've lost count of how many times I've rebooted the computer (OS Mojave) & the unit. Nothing I do allows me to play the new HotSawz algorithms. Although everything else still works perfectly.

That's quite strange.  You said you reinstalled the app.  Have you tried reinstalling the latest release on the H9 again?  That's the one thing you didn't mention doing that might help.

jbradwilson

I have a similar problem as Morpheus Blue.  I upgraded my H9 Control (both on my iPad and on my Mac), and updated the firmware on my H9 Max and Core, synced purchases with the servers and have no sound on any of the Hotsawz algorithms.

I mistakenly updated my core first, and all the patches worked, but when I updated the Max, nothing.  Now, neither has sound.

I have reloaded an older version on the H9, then updated again.  I’ve done a reset (right button + hot button + power) and still nothing.  

Anyone find a solution for this?

gkellum
        Participant
        jbradwilson wrote:

I have a similar problem as Morpheus Blue.  I upgraded my H9 Control (both on my iPad and on my Mac), and updated the firmware on my H9 Max and Core, synced purchases with the servers and have no sound on any of the Hotsawz algorithms.

Unfortunately, we never really got to the bottom of Morpheus Blue's issue.  He tried a number of things, and somehow, he fixed the problem.  But we weren't quite sure what in particular it was that he did that fixed the issue.  Does the display on your H9s light up immediately when you power them on or is there a 10 second delay?  If there's a delay, that indicates that the software that installs updates is defective.  In any case I'd recommend reinstalling the H9 software;  if you did it before using H9 Control, I'd do it using a USB cable with the Direct Updater app this time instead which installs updates in a different way.  That app comes bundled with H9 Control on desktops; you can find it under the Start menu in Windows under the H9 Control folder, or on macOS you can launch it by finding when H9 Control is open under the mac menubar menu named "Window".  After installing the software again, I'd do a system settings reset as you described above (make sure that you see the words "CLEAR" appear on the display).  If that doesn't resolve the issue, please email support@eventide.com.

alexone
      Participant

Something with the routing configuration? (Wet/dry or pre/post)

AuralBee
      Participant

Hi guys,

Thanks for this wonderful algo! Quick question: on the site below they claim: ‘Es kann via MIDI oder mittels Pitchtracking angesteuert werden’ 

Which translates to approx: It (Hotsaws) can be triggered through either MIDI or pitchtracking. Now, I understand the pitchtracking part, but am very interested in the MIDI claim.

Are they right ?

Eventide H9 wird mit HotSaws zum Synthesizer

Thnx & best,

Bert

Hello, yes, I have reinstalled the latest version of H9… Again, I have done so twice now (just in case the first time didn’t work). I have made a video of the issue but it’s too large a file to send to you. I’ll see if I can upload it somewhere and send you a link.

lordradish
      Participant

This is exactly the kind of algo I was hoping you’d do (was worried it was gonna be another disto effect). This is amazing, thanks!

Michelle911
      Participant

This is just completely awesome  heart  Sounds amazing!  Great work guys.  I think I might have to finally break down and get an ebow now.

brock
        Participant
        Michelle911 wrote:
        This is just completely awesome  heart  Sounds amazing!  Great work guys.  I think I might have to finally break down and get an ebow now.

Great results with an Ebow, with a little technique … especially approaching the ‘hot spots’ over humbuckers.  The same goes for most anything modifying a guitar ‘envelope’:  full-featured compressor, SuperEgo+ / Freeze, etc.  Sometimes the extended sustain will reduce HotSawz’ envelope settings, but that can be used to your advantage, too.  Again, it boils down to technique, and fine-tuning effect parameters.

brock
      Participant
      jbradwilson

Finally figured out the issue of no sound from the Hotsawz algorithms.  I was connecting the H9 to the effects loop of a Headrush pedalboard with 4 cables; 2 sends and 2 receives.  The loop was not set for a stereo send.  Even though every other algorithm worked, Hotsawz would not until I set the send as stereo.  I also found I could disconnect one of the sends and make it work in mono, but if both send cables are connected both sends must have signal.

gkellum
        Participant
        jbradwilson wrote:

Finally figured out the issue of no sound from the Hotsawz algorithms.  I was connecting the H9 to the effects loop of a Headrush pedalboard with 4 cables; 2 sends and 2 receives.  The loop was not set for a stereo send.  Even though every other algorithm worked, Hotsawz would not until I set the send as stereo.  I also found I could disconnect one of the sends and make it work in mono, but if both send cables are connected both sends must have signal.

Oh, wow, that's interesting.  Thanks for letting us know.  That's surprising.

kinkyroy
      Participant

Hello guys, let me says that the new algorithm is brilliant 

however to the sick sick sounds , I playing on it on 4 strings bass, a p-bass by fender and always having that bammer glitches

what is going to happen to make that stop?

new update or what? 

Best

Roy

gkellum
        Participant
        kinkyroy wrote:

however to the sick sick sounds , I playing on it on 4 strings bass, a p-bass by fender and always having that bammer glitches

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say here.  You're getting glitches with HotSawz?  

Do you have you H9 set to "Bass" as the source instrument by the way?  You can check this setting by clicking on the Pedal button in H9 Control's bottom bar, go to "General Settings", and go to "Source Instrument".  Setting the source instrument to "Bass" will cause the H9 to track low frequency bass notes better.

kinkyroy
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

kinkyroy wrote:

I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to say here.  You’re getting glitches with HotSawz?  

Do you have you H9 set to “Bass” as the source instrument by the way?  You can check this setting by clicking on the Pedal button in H9 Control’s bottom bar, go to “General Settings”, and go to “Source Instrument”.  Setting the source instrument to “Bass” will cause the H9 to track low frequency bass notes better.

It is set up as bass and still the glitch are coming all the time?!

gkellum
        Participant
        kinkyroy wrote:

It is set up as bass and still the glitch are coming all the time?!

Maybe you could take a quick video with your phone showing the problem and either email it to support@eventide.com or post it as a private video on youtube?  The algorithm was tested a fair amount with bass.  So, it's surprising that you're having trouble using it with bass.

bobspencermusic
      Participant

I would like to update my H9 max to 5.6.0 at a location without wifi. H9 control is already upadated to the latest version.

I could create a hotspot from my phone but I would like to know the file size I’m downloading before doing this. Is this information available somewhere? Or is there a way to download the update to phone, iPad or Macbook without the pedal being connected then transfer it from one of those devies?

Thanks,

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        bobspencermusic wrote:

I would like to update my H9 max to 5.6.0 at a location without wifi. H9 control is already upadated to the latest version. I could create a hotspot from my phone but I would like to know the file size I'm downloading before doing this. Is this information available somewhere?

If your phone has 4G network, you can just update your H9 in the H9 Control app on your phone. You may download the app in Apple app store or Google Play store depending what phone you have. The update file size is about 1MB.

pmartin
      Participant

Hi, the hotsawz algorythm is really great, but not very easy to understand what are the parameters for. Is there any manual or descriptions of the algorythm paramaters somewhere? I was not able to find something on the site.

Thanks in davance, Philippe

gkellum
        Participant
        pmartin wrote:

Hi, the hotsawz algorythm is really great, but not very easy to understand what are the parameters for. Is there any manual or descriptions of the algorythm paramaters somewhere? I was not able to find something on the site.

In H9 Control if you have a HotSawz preset loaded, in the toolbar above the algorithm interface the 'Info' button opens the algorithms help file.

Also, all of the help information is on our website.  Here is the algorithm page for HotSawz: https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/algorithms/hotsawz

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • The topic ‘The new HotSawz algorithm is available for the H9 now!’ is closed to new replies.