Wish list from users for future updates of the H90

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Wish list from users for future updates of the H90

Viewing 177 reply threads
  • Author
      Plasmajet
      Participant

<span style=”font-size: inherit;”>Dear Eventide fans and Eventide stuff, the H90 is really an excellent effect device and I am very happy that I bought it. It is advertised as a guitar effect pedal, but it is so much more. I use it for example with synthesizers and as an outboard effect device for the DAW. I think there are many others who also use the H90 not only with a guitar.</span>

I don’t know exactly if there is already such a post here in the forum (I didn’t find any), but I thought that we Eventide users here might create a wish list for future updates. It would be nice if Eventide staff would stop by here from time to time and maybe comment on some of the ideas from users. If then wishes actually find their way into future updates, that would be great!

I’ll just start:

An autotune effect specifically for vocals

A vocoder with built-in carrier signal as well as the possibility to feed in the carrier.

A modern, natural reverb with many settings. Many of the effects integrated so far come from the H9, which is limited to 10 parameters.

Parameter expansion for some effects.

It would be great to have the possibility to integrate a third algorithm under the condition that you deactivate spillover.

For the Factor pedals and the H9 there is a separate area on the Eventide page where users can upload their presets. That would also be very fine for the H90!

Translated from KI because my English isnt very good.

PRSGUY513
      Participant

Eventide Staff respond all the time. I would suggest looking at the H9000. It would meet your needs much better. Especially for vocal effects/enhancements. Of course you get to pay for that added functionality.😉

I’m not sure why there isn’t a separate choice for the H90 in the “product filter” section in the Preset Sharing area.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Dear Eventide fans and Eventide stuff, the H90 is really an excellent effect device and I am very happy that I bought it. It is advertised as a guitar effect pedal, but it is so much more. I use it for example with synthesizers and as an outboard effect device for the DAW. I think there are many others who also use the H90 not only with a guitar.</span> I don’t know exactly if there is already such a post here in the forum (I didn’t find any), but I thought that we Eventide users here might create a wish list for future updates. It would be nice if Eventide staff would stop by here from time to time and maybe comment on some of the ideas from users. If then wishes actually find their way into future updates, that would be great! I’ll just start: An autotune effect specifically for vocals A vocoder with built-in carrier signal as well as the possibility to feed in the carrier. A modern, natural reverb with many settings. Many of the effects integrated so far come from the H9, which is limited to 10 parameters. Parameter expansion for some effects. It would be great to have the possibility to integrate a third algorithm under the condition that you deactivate spillover. For the Factor pedals and the H9 there is a separate area on the Eventide page where users can upload their presets. That would also be very fine for the H90! Translated from KI because my English isnt very good.

Thanks for your suggestions! We do consider new features and algorithm ideas from users who post here, so feel free to comment with any other ideas you have.

Have you experimented with SP2016 Reverb? This can certainly be a modern and natural reverb. If that doesn’t suit you, can you be more specific with what you are looking for?

Can you elaborate on “Parameter expansion for some effects”? We did add parameters to some of the H9 algorithms, are you requesting more of these? Any algorithms/parameters in particular?

I can log the rest of the requests you have made.

Plasmajet
      Participant

Thank you for your answer! It is really nice that suggestions from Eventide Stuff are answered here! Unfortunately, this is not a matter of course for many companies, so I am all the more pleased that Eventide maintains a good user relationship here!

As an example of a parameter extension, Diatonic or Quardavox could be mentioned. An option to distribute the additional voices individually in the panorama would be nice. Maybe also a downstream equalizer.

For the reverb algorithms, it would be good if you could choose between early reflections and reverb for each one.

Yes, I know that the SP2016 is popular with many people. I myself find the reverb quite unnatural. It’s probably also a matter of taste. But having an alternative would be good. So far Modechoreverb is my favorite reverb.

nelstruesdell
      Participant

Randomizer in the H90 App. With a few different options such as randomize all – also include options for less dramatic results. For example just randomize parameters on Preset A and ignore B.

rdnzl
      Participant

Expose the send / return / Mix values to the quick knobs.

fiddlercrabseason
      Participant

Please separate the looper ‘record/dub speed’ and ‘playback speed’.

fiddlercrabseason
      Participant

And snap the looper’s resolution back to the preset saved posiiton (eg, smooth, chromatic, etc) after initial recording has ended.

Infection
      Participant

I would love to see new analog modeled filter and wah algorithms.

I think the old ones are a bit lacking in soundquality (especially with high resonance), and the controls are a bit confusing and limited due to the multiple functions per knob.

Separate resonance and frequency knobs makes much more sense to me than the intensity knob on the modfilter algorithm.

I am also wondering if it is a possibility to use the SIFT technology to pitchtrack parameters like cutoff frequency and resonance.

Pitchtracked resonator with 6 voices?

Infection
      Participant

And here are some other ideas I have been thinking about:

-Some more subtle synth algorithms in the vein of Electro Harmonix .9 series and the ensemble mode on Strymon Cloudburst.

-Another BBD delay, where each succesive repeat is further degraded and with a more conventional feedback parameter that can go into selfoscillation instead of separating number of repeats and selfoscillation.

– New modulation algorithms building on the Head Space and Bouqet Delay.

-A tape saturation with tape flanging/doubling/wow&flutter algorithm.

-Even though the Rotary algorithm is pretty good and loved by people like Josh Smith I think it could be improved upon

-A wavefolder, possibly even a wavetable based wavefolder with sequencer/lfo/dynamcis control for the wavetable morphing (would be great for bass and synths)

-An updated band delay with more delay lines and analog modeled filters with more options for tweaking individual bands.

-Granular effects/micro looping/Glitch effects (think Hologram Microcosm/Chase bliss)

-A Über delay with diffusion, phasing/chorus/flanging, pitchshift, Lo-fi, tape/bbd/digital, and saturation. parallell paths with different effects?

-A Channel strip suited for vocals with EQ, compressor, saturation, delay and reverb.

-A guitar one stop multialgorithm with a dumbed down weedwacker, tremolo/harmonic trem, bbd/tape echo and spring/plate reverb.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Thanks all for your suggestions, we’re taking notes!

IronStomach
      Participant

Just wanted to echo the requests for a granular delay/micro looper & more synthesizer options! I feel like the H90’s pitch tracking and processing power would work really well for those.

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

For the reverb algorithms, it would be good if you could choose between early reflections and reverb for each one.

Yes, I know that the SP2016 is popular with many people. I myself find the reverb quite unnatural. It’s probably also a matter of taste. But having an alternative would be good. So far Modechoreverb is my favorite reverb.

SP2016 can be very flexible but when I first used it I found a small learning curve, patience, and a careful ear were required to dial in the algorithm to get what I wanted. Everyone’s tastes are different, but my general intuitions are that as as Position goes up Diffusion goes slightly down, and as Decay goes up Position needs to go up as well. Don’t be afraid to crank the low and high filters to more extreme values for frequency and gain than you’d think you need to, especially for larger decays – they can keep the signal from getting too muddy or sibilant, and the high filter in particular is important for dialing in that top end (often referred to as “air” or “brilliance” by producers). The algorithm can be strong, I find getting a natural setting requires a pre-delay of at least 15-20 ms. I really like the stereo room algorithm, but if you’re in mono vintage plate and vintage stereo can sound warm and sweet.

As you say, reverb is very much so a matter of taste. One person’s natural is another’s tinny or sparse. I have been getting lots of mileage out of Blackhole recently, set for a more classic 80s style reverb rather than the galactic-sized tones it is more commonly used for – Mix below 25, Gravity between 1 and 10, Size around 50, Pre Delay between 15 and 40 ms, Mod Depth around 30, Mod Rate around 40, Feedback set below 15, Resonance around 40, Low and High to taste (almost always cutting both of them; my ear tends to prefer Low around -25 and High around -45). Backing Size off to around 30 and increasing the Mod Depth a little higher can be used for an even smaller space with a lovely bloom to its attack, and setting Gravity between -10 and -5 then setting Feedback to 0 can also get a wonderfully lush attack that lets your tone float over a short but very sweet and dense tail.

Do you have a preferred patch or general settings of Modechoverb that you enjoy? That would give us some idea of what you think is “natural” and we can guide you to some presets from there.

Can you also clarify what you mean by “choosing between early reflections and reverb”? In algorithms that contain them, Early Reflections are part of the Reverb, not a separate thing – perhaps you mean being able to dial in both early and late reflections independently? Reverb development is more dark art than pure science, and over the years many terms have gotten cross-wired. Some of our algorithms – including SP2016 and ModEchoVerb – offer you some level of control over early reflections, but I want to make sure we’re talking about the same thing before giving you a few pointers there. Another option is to use MicroPitch, H910/H949, or HeadSpace to generate more concrete reflections, then use that to feed a bigger reverb algorithm with increased pre delay so the early reflections have time to stand on their own before the bigger late reverb tail kicks in.

brock
        Participant

Wish List aside for the moment (I concur with most of the above), I always enjoy the insight found in your rare posts, @ndeshpande.

RE:early / late reflections – I just wanted to point out the depth to be found in the more ‘boring’ algorithms (Room, but Hall is deep, as well).  And – not unlike BlackHole – there are plenty of ways to tame the ‘sexier’ offerings, like Wormhole.

brock
      Participant

Back on topic:  We can set aside the control exotica mentioned earlier in similar threads (assignable LFOs, envelopes / followers, step sequencers …)

Let’s start fairly simply:  An A/B Performance Parameter, triggered by (any) footswitch, controlling the current EXP pedal(s) mapping, or even to the [P] [A] HotKnob assignments..  Momentary / toggle / latching (H-T; T-H).  Wide range, variable rise / fall times a must.  Bonus points for EXP / LIN / LOG curves.

brock
        Participant

Not exactly a Wish List-type of FR, but more of a comment, in the most appropriate spot I could find.

Pitch tracking as a modulation source.  It is kind of groundbreaking what Gamechanger has apparently pulled off in its MOD series releases.  That’s something I have daydreamed about, but concluded that Key Tracking was so much easier to implement in a MIDI controller.

But now this new development has me SIFT-ing back through that concept …

captaincarotte
      Participant

A few ideas :

– I’d love to have an extra option for the SPRING algo, where we could generate a “pop” similar to the reverb tanks of yore you could kick. It could be a simple “noise” that would excite the reverb and make that characteristic booming wet sound.

– An extra option for the FLANGER and / or the INSTANT FLANGER to self oscillate à la A/DA or Boss BF1. I haven’t found a way to do it with the current state of the algos, maybe I haven’t given them a proper go though.

– A new modulation with the option to control the shape of the LFO and control it in different ways : to have a square “ascent” and a “seesaw” descent for example, or any other combination. This could be implemented as extra parameters for the new INSTANT PHASER / FLANGER.

– a stutter / bitcrusher algo, with tons of parameters to deliciously destroy our carefully crafted tones.

– I too would love a voice / choir generator !

Plasmajet
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>SP2016 can be very flexible but when I first used it I found a small learning curve, patience, and a careful ear were required to dial in the algorithm to get what I wanted. Everyone’s tastes are different, but my general intuitions are that as as Position goes up Diffusion goes slightly down, and as Decay goes up Position needs to go up as well. Don’t be afraid to crank the low and high filters to more extreme values for frequency and gain than you’d think you need to, especially for larger decays – they can keep the signal from getting too muddy or sibilant, and the high filter in particular is important for dialing in that top end (often referred to as “air” or “brilliance” by producers). The algorithm can be strong, I find getting a natural setting requires a pre-delay of at least 15-20 ms. I really like the stereo room algorithm, but if you’re in mono vintage plate and vintage stereo can sound warm and sweet.</p>

Thank you very much for the explanations and assistance! I will give the SP2016 reverb another chance and experiment a bit.

Yes, exactly, I mean the possibility to dial in both early and late reflections independently. Sorry, maybe something went wrong in the translation into English. I would also find it good if you could directly and separately influence the early reflections in algorithms like Hall and Dualverb.

I can’t exactly describe why I like the ModEchoVerb best so far. I find the early reflections very nice and how they change with the size of the room. But here too, a detailed setting option would be advantageous. At least that you can adjust the volume of the early reflections.

I have also thought about using a pre-delay. However, you also „waste“ an algorithm with that.

Plasmajet
        Participant

Pre-Delay   …using a Delay before the reverb.

teabandito
      Participant

Please import the Dynamic Distortion 2 algorithm from Eclipse unit or create a similar algo with natural feedback emulation. It sounds much more natural than any other feedbacker and brings life to modelers/profilers amp emulation.

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Thank you very much for the explanations and assistance! I will give the SP2016 reverb another chance and experiment a bit. Yes, exactly, I mean the possibility to dial in both early and late reflections independently. Sorry, maybe something went wrong in the translation into English. I would also find it good if you could directly and separately influence the early reflections in algorithms like Hall and Dualverb. I can’t exactly describe why I like the ModEchoVerb best so far. I find the early reflections very nice and how they change with the size of the room. But here too, a detailed setting option would be advantageous. At least that you can adjust the volume of the early reflections. I have also thought about using a pre-delay. However, you also „waste“ an algorithm with that.

Of course, happy to help out. Enjoy your sonic exploration, and remember that it’s half the fun of finally getting to your new favorite tones. As one of my favorite Rush tunes says – the point of a journey is not to arrive.

It’s not an English translation thing, it’s that so many of the parameter terms around reverb are slightly in conflict with the same terminology from room acoustics and signal processing so it’s just a matter of us talking through things to make sure we mean the same thing, so I can better help you out.

Reverb algorithms can be tricky beasts, a lot of the time reverb designers will tune both early and late reflections VERY carefully because it’s easy to shoot yourself in the foot and get something that sounds much much too buzzy and resonant, or going in the other direction it can sound too sparse and not very realistic. All reflections in the algorithm are a tap dance of getting each delay time carefully constructed in relation to all others. This to say, I don’t want you to end up with an algorithm that is difficult to tune and get sounding smooth/musical, as getting that balance and blend right is complicated and a lot of careful work.

Definitely spend more time with SP2016, I think once you wrap your head around how the parameters are linked you will get a LOT more mileage out of it. And sure it requires two algorithms to run an early reflections and full reverb algorithm, but I think you’ll be surprised at just how many classes of sounds you can get with that potent pairing.

A few additional notes, off the top of my head:

• You don’t need a lot of delays and feedback in an early reflection algorithm. In room acoustics, the larger concert halls tend to have a late field kick in by about 75 ms at the latest, though that tends to be for bigger concert halls measuring unamplified (“classical”) ensembles like string quartets and orchestras.
        • Hence, I really think you can get a lot of mileage out of MicroPitch or Headspace for this task. A common trick is to start with Fibonacci numbers, keeping in mind you want the echoes (with feedback) to decay by the 50ish ms mark for a 2 second decay.
      • UltraTap – I don’t know why I didn’t think of this one yesterday. It will work wonderfully as an Early Reflections machine.
      • It seems like an odd beast for this task, but Blackhole is actually pretty good for early reflections. Small Size from 0-20, Inverse Gravity values closer to -30 to -50, low feedback, keep Mod Depth low (maybe around 5 or 10?). No pre delay, Feedback set to 10 or lower. I recommend you back the Low value off too, to prevent the reflections from turning in to mud.
      • Dual verb can also work well, if you tune one algorithm to be pretty short and another to be much longer. Tune the first reverb so it’s a slight puff or bloom of attack, then the second reverb so it’s your long late and smooth decay.
      udi9
      Participant

Now that I’ve had the H90 for a while, I find that all of the feature requests I had in mind fall in the “nice to have” category. The only thing I find missing is the ability to name HotSwitches. Having multiple lists and programs for different setups, it’s sometimes hard to remember what each HS is programmed to do. I currently have a Google Sheets spreadsheet on my phone with all of the HS functions, but having an option to see it directly on the pedal would be great.

Francescocigna
        Participant

This is a simple but very important thing. Let us name the Hot Switches please! 

Otherwise it quickly becomes a guessing game to remember what they do…

ernestorossi
      Participant

I know it’s already in the wishlist but I’ll really like to have an app for smartphone/tablet as soon as possible.

The back panel is crowded, what about if inserts for jacks were more spaced from each other?

I find that plugging a simple tap tempo pedal to set the time based effects is quite complicated, I’ll like to have an easier straigh-forward function for it in the global functions page.

Thank’s for your attention.

Plasmajet
      Participant

Of course, happy to help out. Enjoy your sonic exploration, and remember that it’s half the fun of finally getting to your new favorite tones. As one of my favorite Rush tunes says – the point of a journey is not to arrive.

Thank you again for your explanations!

I will try some of the tips you suggested in the near future.

Do you have any general tips for my favorite reverb ModEchoVerb? Also a question: Flanger and chorus are clear, but what exactly does the swept modulation do?

But now back to the actual topic Whish List:

While many of my wishes so far fall more into the nice-to-have category, as another user has already put it, there are two things that I really miss and that would make working with the H90 much easier:

.) An option to set In/ Out Gain globally for all programs.

.) The second, if not even bigger wish would be to see the input level, the output level and also the volume of the individual effects after signal processing with simple level meters and/ or numerical values. I know that the H90 has a clipping indicator at the input, but it does not tell you whether the audio signal is overdriven after signal processing.

You can rely on your hearing, of course, but easier and more practical in many situations would be a visual feedback.

I mainly use the H90 in conjunction with a DAW. Therefore, it is especially important for me to have this feature in the H90 Control App (that’s why I mentioned it in the Whish List Control App) but I think it wouldn’t be wrong to have the option on the device itself as well.

keir
      Participant

I would like the option to set the H90 for stereo or dual mono / or the ability to switch off an output to have just mono only

I usually run my pedalboard in mono, if I want to use it in stereo my H90 needs to be on the back row to allow me to plug into the second output.

I would like to have it permanently wired in stereo but a global setting to choose that only one output is used when needed.

Thanks

daniel_brewer
      Participant

I’m new to Eventide, having purchased and received an H90 a few weeks ago. This would be a minor request, but I’d like to be able to rename the user lists instead of calling them 1,2,3, and 4. Maybe this is possible and I just don’t know how to do it. I’ve tried right clicking and looking at the menu in the upper left, but haven’t found a way to do it. I’m loving the unit and realize that it is capable of way more than I’m getting out of it currently.

I find the explanation in the manual for Hot Switches to be lacking a bit. Are there any good in depth tutorials available? As an example, I’m trying to program hot switch 1 for the weedwacker to turn on the Stage 2 drive. When I’ve managed to program that, the pedal also changes the mix from 51 to 100 (which is not what I intend) while turning on the stage 2 drive. I haven’t seen any excellent tutorials on Hot Switches on YouTube or the Eventide Website.

Lastly I know that in depth user manuals aren’t sexy, but with a unit this powerful and complex, I think adding more in depth or detailed video tutorials would be a big plus. I’ve used HX Stomps, Kempers, and other multi effects pedals, and am familiar with programming midi functionality, but this has been the hardest pedal for me to wrap my head around. Thank you!

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

You can rename lists by clicking the pencil icon in the bottom left corner of H90 Control. It is not possible to rename lists using just the pedal.

It sounds like you also have the mix control mapped to the HotSwitch. You can use the Select knob to scroll through all of the parameters while you are mapping a HotSwitch, then press a Quick Knob to map or unmap the parameter to the HotSwitch. Using H90 Control also makes it a bit easier to see all the parameters that are mapped to a HotSwitch in one place.

We’re working on some video tutorials, thanks for your patience. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with in the meantime.

daniel_brewer
        Participant

Thank You! I’m beginning to understand the H90 control app now. I love that the Eventide staff engages with their users. Kudos to you! This one powerful pedal is definitely saving me some space on my pedal board. Can’t wait to see what I can do with this pedal once I really get my head around this little powerhouse!

Ehmsi
      Participant

Maybe someone has already asked for this, but then let me emphasize this. Otherwise here is a very important request:

Not being able to create a preset with two individual algorithms on a $1200 hardware is a mystery to me.

Why can’t I just simply select two algorithms and create a preset with them?

Why do I have to choose a preset hopefully containing them both.

And what if I would like to create a preset with two algorithms of the same type? Let’s say two distortions.

This is currently not possible. Could you make this possible, please?

brock
        Participant

You may be mistaking how the hierarchy is laid out in the H90::

• You can select any two algorithms (Presets) to create a a new Program.
        • It doesn’t necessarily have to be done in an existing Program (but it can be).
        • Any Program can be a combination of two different Presets, or two of the same algorithm / Preset.
        tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

The above information is correct. The easiest way to create a new Program from a blank slate would be to load the User 2 list which is full of INIT Programs (blank programs), and then press the Presets button on the H90 to select a new Preset for Slot A or B.

https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.5.2/content/edit-modes/presets.html

PEIPUNK
        Participant

Gotta say – the software should be better at this ostensibly simple task.

The current copy/paste method is a bit janky.

Algos should be drag & droppable – or at least browsable independent of the Program list.

Also re-upping a Software Manual request. It’s not intuitive enough to be PDF-less. For instance, I just pressed enter after naming a file in the H90 software and it erased all my parameter changes.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

You can go to the Preset Library menu to browse the different algorithms and their presets. They cannot be drag and dropped.

If you can repro the issue you had with renaming/saving in H90 Control, please start a new forum post with more details and we can look into the issue.

Ehmsi
      Participant

As far as I have understood (and I have also found no other way), I can only SEARCH for a preset that already contains the two algorithms that I would like to have.
      Okay, let’s say I would like to create a preset containing the WeedWacker and the Sculpt algorithm.

How would I do this?

Ehmsi
      Participant

Okay, not that you get me wrong. I would like to freely combine two algorithms in one preset. Not two presets, A and B.
      Maybe I would like to add another preset with two freely chosen algorithms like the Chorus and the RingMod for example in the B slot.

How is this possible?

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Correct, that is not possible.

A Program is a combination of Preset A and B. You can use a combination of Chorus and RingMod as a Program, but you cannot combine them to be a single Preset.

Many of the algorithms can be used for multiple effects (ModEchoVerb, SpaceTime, etc.) so you can achieve more than 1 effect type using a single Preset.

If you follow my instructions from the last response, you can create a Program that uses a Sculpt Presets and a Weedwacker Preset.

daniel_brewer
      Participant

Another very minor wish list item: having another option for the tuner that gives a left-center-right visual rather than just cents. I’m still new to this unit so it may be there and I just haven’t seen it. Also, it would be nice to have this available in performance mode.

PEIPUNK
      Participant

Thanks for even entertaining suggestions!

May I go to bat for PAN CONTROL! Even if just for the phasers.

The best part of a Bi-phase is two slow phasers sweeping in stereo parallel at slightly different rates.

If they could do it in the Seventies, we should be able to do it fifty years later.

eturnian
        Participant

+1 for pan control in biphase mode, and for all the phaser modes. For that matter I would love offset control of LFO between the right and left sides for all modulation in the whole pedal.

I’ll add that I think the way that your phasers sound in the stereo field is very nice, but currently we have no ability to customize the stereo effect. Like for example if I simply want left and right to be 180 degrees from one another so that left is closing as right is opening it’s not possible with this pedal. Can we add a knob for that as a standard on all modulation?

PEIPUNK
      Participant

Also – if the User 1 list is uneditable, rename it Factory

It’ll spare us noobs some grief

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

To clarify, the User 1 list can be edited. It is simply a copy of the Factory 1 list, which cannot be edited.

This allows you to go back and recall Factory Programs using the Programs Edit mode and selecting the Factory 1 list if you overwrite them on the User 1 list.

brock
      Participant

… May I go to bat for PAN CONTROL! Even if just for the phasers. The best part of a Bi-phase is two slow phasers sweeping in stereo parallel at slightly different rates …

I’m with you on the Pan control; probably at the Program level with Parallel routings.  In Series, you can pull off Balance-type.control.

I just wanted to add that you can currently pull off that Phaser trick.  I just uploaded something virtually identical, except with 2 Chorus instances in parallel.

It’s a little more work, but I’ve gone down the rabbit hole lately, using the (P)rogram HotKnob as a blender between parallel effects.  Simple, but versatile.

daniel_brewer
      Participant

I think you guys have done a great job on the Weedwacker and Fuzz algorithms. Maybe some additional drives could be added similar to a Nobel’s Overdrive, Timmy, KOT, Klon, and the other usual suspects. I would second the copy/paste comment above. It would be nice to just drag and drop an algorithm into a program, whether creating from scratch or editing.

Infection
      Participant

May I go to bat for PAN CONTROL! .

Pan would be great! I don’t know if it would be best at program or algorithm level, but definetely +1 on this.

keir
      Participant

Another suggestion from me:

Could a CC parameter be assigned to control expression pedal sweep from an external controller?
      <span style=”font-size: inherit;”>
      I have a Morningstar midi controller and if I attach an expression pedal to that, I can only control one ‘knob’ on the H90 via expression over midi, as opposed to morphing between 2 different sounds if attached to the H90 itself.</span>

Thanks

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

I’m sorry, I don’t understand the request. Whether you are connecting an expression pedal or MIDI controller to the H90, the mapping capabilities are the same.

How is your H90 configured when you are morphing between 2 different sounds using the expression pedal? You should be able to achieve that same control using MIDI control from the Morningstar.

apalazzolo
        Participant

The P, A, and B hotknobs can be used for multi parameter morphing.  I think the H90 exp ped does this too but I don’t use it.

Direct your Morningstar expression pedal to one of those and keep it that way.  I use P hotknob.

In the H90 you assign any number of parameters per program/preset to whichever one of those hotknobs you linked to your Morningstar exp ped.

Done.

Your morningstar exp ped will do whatever hotknob morphing you build into each H90 program/preset.

ernestorossi
      Participant

Dear tbskoglund, I tryied to catch your suggestion…

“There is a global option for tap tempo. This will make the controller always adjust the System Tempo BPM. You just need to turn Tempo Sync on for whatever preset you want to sync to this and then it will automatically follow the tempo.

https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.5.2/content/tempo-menu.html&#8221;

…but it seems it’s not working, I mean it’s me for sure. I’m new to Eventide echosystem and I’m struggling to catch the way things must be done.

I’ll try to explain what’s happening here: I have a budget tap tempo footswitch (the kind of a sustain pedal for keyboards), I imagined out I could stick it in the exp/ctl jack and simply tap it to set the tempo of a program (as I usually ever done previously with my devices). I thought it just needed to enable the H90 to do it, but seems things are a lot more complicated than that.I also think maybe it’s not possible to do the thing because of the tap pedal itself, which has to be a midi controller instead.

Don’t know if I’m totaly wrong. Anyway I’ll like to know the procedure for enabling a tap tempo fs, whathever it is,  by an external footswitch right from the scratch, and probably to get which is the right tap fs to use if there is any.

By the way. that’s why I asked for a more straight forward solution in my wishlist…

Thank you a lot!!!

ernestorossi
      Participant

Dear tbskoglund, I succeeded! Thanks a lot, it wasn’t easy to get there at first.

Love you guys!

PRSGUY513
      Participant

Is there a way to stop getting notifications/emails (unfollow) for specific threads on this forum?

Thanks for any help?

Sorry I found it!

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Yes, scroll to the top of the thread and click the “Unsubscribe” button.

PRSGUY513
        Participant

Thanks! Sometimes I’m blind.😉

benevan
      Participant

Oil Can Delay

H9 Oil Can Delay Settings?

User Brock made a faux/not quite accurate oil can delay from the Mod Delay algorithm for the H9 several years ago but I think it deserves its own dedicated algorithm on the H90.

+1 for a Feedback algorithm. Dynamic Distortion 2 would be fine but I am also good with a more “effecty” algorithm in he vein of the Freqout.

keir
      Participant

Not sure how this would work but a really basic looper mode would be great.

Something similar to the timeline / lvx / echosystem, that can be turned on at any time in addition to the program that is loaded and without using up a preset slot, no parameters would really be needed just play / rec / stop / undo

<span style=”font-size: inherit;”> </span>

fiddlercrabseason
      Participant

…the ability to put insert 2 *before* insert 1 (without re-wiring patch cables).

fiddlercrabseason
      Participant

…the ability to tempo sync modulation rates.

teabandito
      Participant

Is it possible to add some shortcuts in H90 Control? At least Ctrl Z to undo the last change, space to bypass selected preset etc? It works in Line 6 HX Edit and it would be extremely comfortable if it worked in H90 Control too.

LagPhil
      Participant

Hello,
      I would like to know if it was possible to create a graphic or parametric equalizer to insert it into the loop of my guitar amp in the futur update ?

Thank you very in advance.

fiddlercrabseason
      Participant

…the ability to put insert 2 *before* insert 1 (without re-wiring patch cables).

…another instance where I’d like to be able to have insert 2 before insert 1…

H90 inserts

mishik
      Participant

global lfo and envelope follower

to modulate any fx parameters

milesspilsbury
      Participant

hey eventide

it would be great if the harmoniser algorithims had a pentatonic scale option! Could this please be included in the next update

Minor pentatonic or major pentatonic, either would work, both options would be ideal.

This would really widen the application of the harmoniser stuff.

cestlamort
      Participant

I’d welcome an option to make the tuner display larger.

for new algorithms, I’d love a granular delay

eturnian
      Participant

I’m using the H90 on guitar and vocals and it’s amazing!

I would really love a pitch shifter with modern formant control, (and perhaps some subtle adjustable pitch correction.) something better than Roland’s VT-3, as in high fidelity modern independent formant and pitch control.

I’d also love a vocoder!

And / Or a vocoding pitch shifter (like that receives chords via midi or audio and just shifts my voice to the keyboard or guitar voicing. A mix control would also be very helpful with this effect)

A high fidelity “real time” granular time stretcher

eturnian
        Participant

I’ll add to my last request for emphasis, that the Eventide H90 is specifically called a Harmonizer, and it’s amazing at pitch shifting and harmonizing. You guys invented it after all. Please know how much I love and respect Eventide 🙂

And yet, this Harmonizer doesn’t have a vocoder, or even the ability to harmonize based on midi input or audio input. (Correct me if I’m wrong here) It should have the best vocoder on the market! Or at least a Harmonizer which can receive midi from a keyboard and use that midi info as a source for pitch shifting and generating harmonies. For that matter, I think the sift technology could be employed to do the same thing with a guitar or simple audio input as the source info for harmonizing. Im guessing that in the Vocoder or Harmonizer there would be a source knob where you can choose a static key (like you currently have in diatonic or quadravox), or you can choose midi input, or even an alternate audio input, so that I could play a chord and the pedal would harmonize my voice to it. Does that make sense? You guys should have the best version of this kind of effect. You are Eventide. You invented the Harmonizer.

On that note, please give us additional control of formant shifting and some subtle and sweet pitch correction. Maybe even the ability to modulate the formant shifting. These features are IMO essential to the best in class Eventide Harmonizer of the 21st century 🙂

____

On a totally separate note, one other thing I would really like is for the stomp switches to be more customizable in perform mode.
        Currently it seems on each page of perform mode there is only one stomp switch assignable to each preset. I should be able to set all 3 stomps to do what ever I want. So like on one page I should be able to make all three stomps effect different parameters in the same single preset if I need to. Like for example one stomp could make my delay pitch jump, and another could make my delay self oscillate. I shouldn’t need to change pages to do this.

thanks. I love my H90. And love Eventide 🙂

Anthony
      Participant

Not a new request but adding it here: The ability to continuously control the global volume across all programmes by expression pedal (midi preferably) without the programme defaulting to the preset volume. The H9 had this capability but was lost on when implementing on the H90.

eturnian
        Participant

I’ll add to my last request for emphasis, that the Eventide H90 is specifically called a Harmonizer, and it’s amazing at pitch shifting and harmonizing. You guys invented it after all. Please know how much I love and respect Eventide 🙂

And yet, this Harmonizer doesn’t have a vocoder, or even the ability to harmonize based on midi input or audio input. (Correct me if I’m wrong here) It should have the best vocoder on the market! Or at least a Harmonizer which can receive midi from a keyboard and use that midi info as a source for pitch shifting and generating harmonies. For that matter, I think the sift technology could be employed to do the same thing with a guitar or simple audio input as the source info for harmonizing. Im guessing that in the Vocoder or Harmonizer there would be a source knob where you can choose a static key (like you currently have in diatonic or quadravox), or you can choose midi input, or even an alternate audio input, so that I could play a chord and the pedal would harmonize my voice to it. Does that make sense? You guys should have the best version of this kind of effect. You are Eventide. You invented the Harmonizer.

On that note, please give us additional control of formant shifting and some subtle and sweet pitch correction. Maybe even the ability to modulate the formant shifting. These features are IMO essential to the best in class Eventide Harmonizer of the 21st century 🙂

____

On a totally separate note, one other thing I would really like is for the stomp switches to be more customizable in perform mode.
        Currently it seems on each page of perform mode there is only one stomp switch assignable to each preset. I should be able to set all 3 stomps to do what ever I want. So like on one page I should be able to make all three stomps effect different parameters in the same single preset if I need to. Like for example one stomp could make my delay pitch jump, and another could make my delay self oscillate. I shouldn’t need to change pages to do this.

thanks. I love my H90. And love Eventide 🙂

fiddlercrabseason
      Participant

I would love to be able to sweep the position of both inserts with exp pedal, CV or MIDI. Ideally with some control over crossfading.

honeybrew
      Participant
      • I also vote for the request mentioning natural reverb above. I don’t like results I get with h90, “digital” sound is too apparent.
      • However this might be due to the nature (frequencies) of my instrument (saxophone), so my ask would be actually add more source types to the h90 (currently there are I think Guitar, Bass guitar, Lead, and Sub ). Maybe add woodwinds, brass, vocal source types would make difference?
      • I have also noticed that there is problem with sound levels for different algorithms, in the way it overloads amplification in one algo but it is ok for other. Again I’m not sure if for guitars the same problem exists, but with saxophone there is need to spend hours to level those algorithms properly.
      ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff
      • I also vote for the request mentioning natural reverb above. I don’t like results I get with h90, “digital” sound is too apparent.
      • However this might be due to the nature (frequencies) of my instrument (saxophone), so my ask would be actually add more source types to the h90 (currently there are I think Guitar, Bass guitar, Lead, and Sub ). Maybe add woodwinds, brass, vocal source types would make difference?
      • I have also noticed that there is problem with sound levels for different algorithms, in the way it overloads amplification in one algo but it is ok for other. Again I’m not sure if for guitars the same problem exists, but with saxophone there is need to spend hours to level those algorithms properly.

In addition to everything I’ve said in this thread, make sure you’re using larger sizes in your reverbs. Reduce decay or feedback controls to help compensate for the increased decay time from larger reverb sizes.

RomanCromov
      Participant

I use my Strymon Iridium as a stereo insert for H90 and my guitar goes into input 1. So I can ran algos in front of the Iridium or after how ever I like. Super cool. But I need the insert to be always ON while I list programs.

• I think you should keep the insert state for all programs as a global setting. Let it stay as it is (on or off) at least somewhere on a chain even if the routing is changing from the parallel to the serial and wise versa.
      • And I should be able to choose somehow in the settings will the insert will be muted when I turn the program off or not.
        eturnian
        Participant

I really agree with @RomanCromov here. I too am using an amp sim pedal as an insert so that I can route weed whacker or phaser algos before the amp and modulation, delays and reverbs after the amp for more studio quality sounds. It works beautifully. I love the routing options. But I think there should be a global routing option that we can simply set up for the whole pedal. Then in each program we could have the option to chose between custom routing or just use the global setting. Kind of like the kill dry. The global routing should work even when the pedal is bypassed. Currently when using my amp sim as an insert, if I bypass the h90 I loose everything in the insert path, which means I no longer have my amp. It would be great if I could hit bypass and still be running through the insert. Thanks

TROMEROA
        Participant

I Am also a BIG Plus one for this feature. A global option to not have The inserts shut off when you bypass the pedal with the P  Button  would be key. Right now you can independently kill both algos but that’s an extra step.

eturnian
      Participant

I would also love to be able to alter the colors of all the LEDs. (Buttons and knob lights) Like the way we can swap skins in ableton. Colors tend to really affect how inspired I feel about a pedal. The pedal sounds so amazing, and it would be even cooler if  we had pinks, purples, turqoise, sea foam, and others. The red and green lights evoke a Christmas vibe which doesn’t always appeal to my mood. Like maybe we can just choose the color of each light in deferent modes, like with a continuous hue cycler on a knob, in the preferences section, or if that seems like too much, then even a few different options, like a dark mode of blues and purples, a surf mode with pinks and aquas, and maybe vintage mode of warm ambers and sapphires. some color options beyond Christmas mode 🙂

TROMEROA
        Participant

Also since we’re on it. It’s would be nice if this feature gets implemented  to be able to select somehow that inserts 1 and 2 can stay active INDIVIDUALLY.  This helps in a wet dry rig (and a few other scenarios) Where you may want to keep some dirt active but kill modulation or vice versa

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

You can already bypass either insert individually. Can you be more specific about what you are requesting?

NoneMoreBlack
      Participant

Two things.

1. <span style=”font-size: inherit;”>A chorus that works along the same principles as the Roland Dimension D / Boss DC-2w, but more tweakable. </span>
      2. A feedback generating effect along the lines of the Digitech Freqout, and if you’re doing that a feedback eliminating algorithm would be good as well.

TROMEROA
        Participant

Sorry, just realized I replied to the wrong string. This was in reference to the request above regarding a global option to keep inserts active even when the program is bypassed.  What I meant was it would be great to make it 2 options.” Keep insert1 active when program is bypassed”  and keep Insert 2 active when program is bypassed”. Instead of just “ keep all inserts active when program is bypassed”.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Thanks for the suggestion, but it seems to me that this would overcomplicate the feature and is not necessary. There are already options to bypass either insert individually and I think a user could work with those options.

NoneMoreBlack
      Participant

hey eventide it would be great if the harmoniser algorithims had a pentatonic scale option! Could this please be included in the next update Minor pentatonic or major pentatonic, either would work, both options would be ideal. This would really widen the application of the harmoniser stuff.

add Harmonic Minor to this too please

TROMEROA
        Participant

ok. Wait hear me out. It’s not really about that. Take the wet dry rig from your manual for an example.  You position the dry amp as an insert in the signal path.  If you hit the P button (by mistake)  it kills the dry amp completely because shutting off P kills all effects AND inserts.  At a system level you should be able to treat the inserts as a pass through as an option and have P only kill the algorithms.  It renders the P disengage button of no use. Furthermore live it’s a hindrance because when playing  live if you hit P it you disengage an entire amp.

or take this as an example, you are using an amp sim as an insert somewhere In the chain as your amp sound and then coming out to a house PA. Hitting P disengages the amp sim completely.  Now you just have clean guitar running to the house.

maybe I took it a step too far with the independent controls for each insert but I think it’s worth considering a global option to leave inserts active when you kill a program using the P switch.  I was surprised that it wasn’t the default and inserts weren’t a pass through when it happened to me.  Depending on the rig and signal path I think “P” can become a bit of a liability.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

We are working on an option to keep the inserts active when the Program is bypassed. We agree this is a useful feature. I was just responding to your idea of an option for independent controls for each insert since that would complicate the feature. Our plans for this feature should work with all of the scenarios you listed above. Thanks for taking the time to write this out.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Hey there, please upgrade to the latest H90 software version 1.7.5. In the System > I/O settings, you can now set your Program Bypass mode to “AB Bypass” and when you bypass the pedal, the insert paths will remain active. Give it a try and let us know what you think!

JDrage
        Participant

Hi there — I just spotted this and downloaded the firmware update. I don’t see it in System > I/O. I see In Levels, Out Levels, Exp & Aux and Jacks just like before. Verified that my version is 1.7.5.29 in About. Had a look in a couple of other places like Program Parameters and Routing but didn’t find it there either.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Sorry about that, the setting is under System > Global.

https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.7.5/content/system-menu/global.html

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

A chorus that works along the same principles as the Roland Dimension D / Boss DC-2w, but more tweakable

I recommend you spend some time with Tricerachorus. Start with the CEO and CFO presets, and go from there. I recommend you experiment with Chorale and Detune.

TROMEROA
        Participant

Awesome. Thanks for being so engaged with the community of users and making what may be (IMHO) one of the greatest pedals ever.

turretboard
      Participant

If I can add a wish, I would love a vibe algorithm based on the Yamaha RA-200. This stuff is all over Pink Floyd, a unique flavour to the classic Univibe, never seen with the competition. And I would kill for more EQ algorithms, too.

While I am here – Good job on the unit; I just bought it and can’t stop exploring

birthofahero
      Participant

I would love to see a Neve style pre amp/eq channel strip thing to get that Nile Rodgers direct in tone.

daniel_brewer
      Participant

In addition to requesting more EQ options such as graphic eq, I’d love to see an option to be able to separate the presets when looping to a switcher system. I liked the H90 so much that I’ve purchased a second one. I’d love to be able to assign 4 separate presets from the H90s to 4 loops in a switcher to allow changing up the order of presets in a path. I can run the two units as stereo loops, but it would be nice to be able to send Presets 1 and 2 separately from the outputs the way some pedals (such as the Wampler Gearbox or Paisley Deluxe) allow. This may be possible already and I’m just ignorant on the setup. I’m still waiting on my switcher system to arrive so I haven’t attempted anything yet.

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

…the ability to tempo sync modulation rates.

Sorry I let this one fall through the cracks, I knew I had read it and just recalled I never responds. If you hit the Presets button until the algorithm you want to tempo sync is selected, then press both the Presets and Parameters buttons at the same time, the time-based parameters should become tempo sync-able.

daniel_brewer
      Participant

Great! I had a feeling it might be my own ignorance that was holding me back. I hadn’t explored the dual routing yet. Thank you to the developers for such a powerful little piece of gear.

djMalo
      Participant

Bluetooth before anything else please. Dragging my laptop out to make changes is ridiculous.
      It’s almost been a year.
      Seriously.

Every new update that doesn’t have it, every new feature/algorithm becomes more and more disappointing.

Or at least let us know why it will never have it so we can move on.
      What a disappointment.

turretboard
      Participant

Another request from me: I’m not sure if hardware doable. It would be lit if EXP/CTL could accept the MIDI.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Theres a dedicated MIDI DIN jack on the pedal so this is not necessary. You could use a convertor box or adapter if your other devices use MIDI TRS.

sciamu
      Participant

A Step filter/slicer please!!

I’m a bass and guitar player in an electronic project and I currently rely on a Boss SL-20 and a PH-3 (the latter sadly without midi in) to give a rhythmic vibe to the performance, but it would be a blast to have something like that – of course with a pinch of Eventide magic – in the H-90 to sync to the master clock….

🙏Thanks!!!!!!😁

brock
        Participant

Not as configurable as the SL, but you can already do a lot of slicing & filter-by-step in the HarPeggiator.  I did a whole (importable) H9 Preset List based on much the same thing, if you’re interested.

But I’ll thank you for some inspiration for a Program.  HarPeggiator Rhythm patterns in series with an envelope-controlled Instant Phaser …hmmm.

sciamu
        Participant

Oh wow, I’ve found your Preset List among many other very interesting presets and suggestions you shared… Great! I will dig into all of it, thank you 🙂

Thehook
      Participant

I would like to see expansion in  Envelope filter options, more dedicated bass octavers, and especially more synth options. A full function multi-oscillator synth with multiple selectable waveforms, ASDR envelopes and selectable filter types for eachwould be welcome.  These are areas often get a couple of options (or none) in many effects processors. More than enough reverbs, delays, distortions, etc.far and wide. These areas I mentioned need to brought up to par.

Thanks!

sciamu
      Participant

I would like to see expansion in Envelope filter options, more dedicated bass octavers, and especially more synth options. A full function multi-oscillator synth with multiple selectable waveforms, ASDR envelopes and selectable filter types for eachwould be welcome. These are areas often get a couple of options (or none) in many effects processors. More than enough reverbs, delays, distortions, etc.far and wide. These areas I mentioned need to brought up to par. Thanks!

I absolutely love the idea. Thinking about what is possible to do with the C4 or Future Impact pedals and how much the H90 could do in that area…

Thehook
        Participant

Oh I better proof read! ADSR envelope,typing dyslexia! I use both the C4 and the FI. I posted well over 200 presets for the C4 and was a SA featured artist. I have been using synth/ synth bass since the late 70’s-early 80’s. I think its an overlooked area in multi-effects. There are a number of synth options also in my HX Stomp. However they also need improvement. I have developed them to create psuedo sax,cello, horns,strings,organ,synth/synth bass. I am new to the H90, I am awaiting it now. Very excited to test its capabilities and see where I can go with its synth options too. Considering the power of the unit and current options I’m sure expanding to a full function synth algorithm is not that much a stretch.

HumanV3
      Participant

I love the versatility of WeedWacker, it’s great for vintage tones.

I’d personally request more modern distortion that doesn’t get too crumbly or digital sounding… or at least I haven’t found one that suits my need?

lakitaman
      Participant

cabinet simulator for wet signal only

Thehook
      Participant

I only been working with the H90 for a couple of days. Already made some nice programs /presets, bass and synth patches. Its limited in the synth dept. but I made couple of usuable synth bass and other synth patches. Certainly an improvement on what it comes with.. I did discover I needed to switch to line input for my active bass, no clipping and synth works better. One thing I have noticed is that the unit seems to be too bright. Bass guitar straight thru sounds like too much treble. What the H90 would benefit from is a Global eq (like on line 6 HX devices).

AndersNils
      Participant

It would be cool to have the manual built into the H90 control software so you can hover over parameters and see the description or something similar

Also it would be cool to see a few more routing options: being able to set mono/stereo regardless of connected cables and I think it could be cool to have the algorithms run in series with a dry bypass that goes around both of them (maybe even with a dry/wet control) so you can have one algorithm effect only the wet output of the previous algorithm

A real wishlist item would be EQ in the global settings for each algorithm so you can have EQ control over everything

Vow3ll
      Participant

Eventide Grade > granular effects,  granular delays.

eturnian
        Participant

While Eventide could certainly explore granular effects to a greater degree, (I would love a real time granular stretcher) I will mention that I have had excellent granularish results with their digital delay, in large part because there is no pitch shifting when changing delay time, instead the new delay times are cross faded in (at a fade of your choosing, from short and glitchy to long and soft) and so if you sweep delay times either with an expression pedal, hot switch, or just turning the delay time knobs you will end up with what sounds like a glitchy granular delay (very similar to vongon polyphrase’s time selector knob). It helps having the feedback up high so that the changes can record into the feedback. But it works at low feedback as well. Also the looper can do granular effects just by altering the loop length (turn it way down) and then scrubbing through the start time. You can still pitch shift and reverse this so it becomes a super powerful granular looper actually 🙂 both of these are very worthy of exploration if you are into granular type sounds. Best of luck.

Thehook
      Participant

After working a bit  more with this unit, One thing I would like to change…make the source choice with the option to save per preset, not just global. I use the H90 primarily with bass. When using the synth algos, some sound and track better on lead, some bass ,some sub. It would be so much more convenient to store them with the program or better yet set a note range for the source ( source audio does this with the C4) (Panda midi Future Impact sets an input source and octave range up to 4 octaves). A couple of examples of how to do it different.

It would be nice to have at least a basic bass and treble EQ in all algos too ( possibly in addition to a global EQ?)

Key tracking on the filters for synth algos would be nice too.

st.bede
      Participant

First, I am truly blown away by the H90. Presently owning (for years) a handful of Eventide pedals, I thought I might find the H90 as a bit redundant. However, my experience is that it really is a step up, and that it gels together in a “sum of parts equals more then the parts” way.

Not to mention, my faith in how Eventide supports their products made that “OMG that pedal costs a lot” experience, continue to be purchase moment. (I have a list of companies that I will not purchase another item from, due to their lack/type of support).

Second, as a suggestion, that would make my user experience of the H90, a little better: would be to, have an icon on the main window (program) that indicates the insert routing.

(I have a Empress Effects Zoia as an insert. The two together are scary. That is even before I start running out midi cc from the Zoia. I can not find my type A midi breakout adaptors).

It would also be useful, to have a chart of signal flow per algorithm. My experience suggests that some algorithms stay stereo through the inserts, and other sum. Since this is only my second day with the H90, I could be missing something.

Again thank you Eventide.

eturnian
      Participant

Yeah it truly is an amazing pedal 🙂 as it stands currently I believe the routing saves with the program. if you want to see the signal flow, just press routing. there you can press and turn the hot knobs to alter the routing of any program to your liking.

AndersNils
      Participant

It would be cool to have the manual built into the H90 control software so you can hover over parameters and see the description or something similar Also it would be cool to see a few more routing options: being able to set mono/stereo regardless of connected cables and I think it could be cool to have the algorithms run in series with a dry bypass that goes around both of them (maybe even with a dry/wet control) so you can have one algorithm effect only the wet output of the previous algorithm A real wishlist item would be EQ in the global settings for each algorithm so you can have EQ control over everything

Things I’ve learned:

– You can click the […] and select “view documentation” for each algo to quickly pull it up in a browser

– There is a wet/dry mix in each program’s general parameters which functions like I described

eturnian
      Participant

<span style=”font-size: inherit;”>m
      I’ll just start:
      An autotune effect specifically for vocals
      A vocoder with built-in carrier signal as well as the possibility to feed in the carrier.
      A modern, natural reverb with many settings. Many of the effects integrated so far come from the H9, which is limited to 10 parameters.

As a vocalist I was initially having some difficulty finding reverbs I liked specifically on vocals on the H90. Like they sounded great on guitar and synths but they seemed a bit unnatural on vocals. But I’ve been digging in and exploring the algos and I have had excellent results with Blackhole (for more cathedral type stuff) and very good sounding results with plate, room and hall algorithms. There are a lot of parameters and they do different things. Also regarding the wish for control of early vs late reflections, the room algo has a knob that mixes between early and late reflections and this algo sounds very natural especially for shorter reverbs 🙂 hope that helps. I find when I add a little subtle modulation it makes the reverbs really shine.

JUANLUKAS
      Participant

hello. ,

I would love to be able tu use Hotsawz …I play bass guitar and I must admit that this algorythm is

totally unusable …or i may have missed something . I try to change input gain , output gain , etc …

but unless i play very slowly (and even like that , that’s not very good …) , that’s really sucks ..!!trackin is not

working .

H90 is really the best pedal i ever use (sound sand programmation) but hotsawz is just horrible and

i don’t understand how they could make it in the youtube vidéos …problem with bassguitar ?I (of course I select bass in

preferences).

Best regards

Thehook
      Participant

(JuanLukas)   I also am primarily a bassist. The Hotsawz does work with bass! I’ve made some great presets for synth bass ,horn,etc. It can be tricky sometimes but it is usable for sure, it will track with proper setup. First I have a  external compressor on my board to even the signal  before the H90. If you have an active bass I find switching the input to line works better. Certain settings on the source Lead vs bass vs sub work better with the type of patch you create with Hotsawz. I use a fretwrap to deaden and stray vibrations. Your playing position on the neck will affect tracking too ,best 5th fret and above.  I also use light bass strings (40-95) which track much better than overly thick strings. The final necessary ingredient is technique! Playing clean will limit any unexpected notes. However when set right I find it responds well to  slides and bends.

Thehook
      Participant

wedelich   Yes true, but not for all patches. My synth bass ones track well on bass or some better on sub . However I find some with higher harmonic content track and sound better set to lead even though played on bass. Thats why having source as part of the program would be much better than global setting. Also much better for those that play multiple instruments for easy switching.

rfoo
      Participant

Love the H90 here but I would love for there to be MIDI controls for the insert active/bypass (momentary) and insert send/return gains. I find myself having trouble programming my midi controller (mc6 pro) because I can only toggle the insert active/bypass when I want to send active/bypass states to the H90. Hopefully that’s a trivial task for the eventide team.

eturnian
      Participant

Hey, just want to say the more I use the H90 the more I love it. It’s so deep.
      <3

That said, 2 more minor improvement ideas, incase anyone is reading this:

1. Give us an independent, mappable LFO that we can assign to any parameter in any effect, probably in parameter mapping, in the control source menu, give us an LFO and then add speed depth and waveform controls for that LFO to the parameters list. How powerful would it be to be able to control any parameter with an independent LFO?

2. Can you add a mix parameter and perhaps an LFO stereo offset to the Q-wah? I love the sound of the filter, especially the voc formant. It would be sick to be able to offset it 180 degrees between left and right. Or invert the LFO between left and right. And I think it is a pretty standard feature to have a wet dry mix on a filter. Makes it way more flexible to be able to mix that sound in against the dry signal.

Am I crazy? Or do these sound like good ideas?

brock
        Participant

1.  Not crazy at all.  Great idea; it has come up a number of times.  Here’s just one:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/forums/topic/h90-any-chance-to-see-global-lfo-adsr-in-future/

More & more manufacturers must think so, too.  There are some straightforward methods available now that provide this externally, via MIDI or expression input.

2.  There are a few options that’ll get you a little closer, depending on exactly what you’re after.  Reverse (delay) before Q-Wah, TremoloPan into any dual effect, HarmaDillo into Q-Wah Envelope… stuff like that.

As for the dry mix, have you considered using the Program level Mix with Q-Wah?  Again, that’s going to depend on what else you may be using in the other Preset, Series / Parallel routing, etc.  But it’s something I use all the time for blending, along with algorithm Mix parameters.

cestlamort
      Participant

Auto-detect for inputs/outputs 3 and 4.

the H90 automatically detects the inputs and outputs for 1/2, but it doesn’t seem to do so for the “loop” inputs and outputs.

It’s only a hassle in that I still wanted to use some programs I’ve created that have an insert, but it doesn’t work (the signal mutes, since there’s no return) when playing just the H90 and the insert is empty.

By no means mission critical, but nice to have.

apalazzolo
        Participant

This is a really good suggestion cestlamort.

Baldadi
      Participant

An Amp Sim algo would be killer. Just some basic options would already be awesome. This would make the pedal for me 1) a full mobile solution (still would need some headphone preamp or mobile interface I guess) 2) an all in one backup solution for rig failure 3) gain sections of amps can provide tube type overdrives.

Would be great to just grab the pedal from the studio and do some noodling, exploring, writing, editing, etc. in the living room or out of the house (I’m currently on an island and brought too much studio gear with me to get to learn the H90 and make some music haha – yes, I’m a noob with this pedal, but heavy AxeFX3 user for a few years).

+ 1 on being able to name Hotswitches

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        brogers01
        Participant

I’ll second the request for an amp/cab sim algo, with maybe a few different common amp types. That would make the H90 an all-in-one solution for simple gigs, comparable to the Line6 HX Stomp. Thanks!

apalazzolo
        Participant

Hey Baldadi,

It’s not designed for it, but the H90 will drive headphones with just a y adapter on the stereo outs and an increase in the P out gain (10 to 12dB is usually enough).

Also, I have posted a program list on Patch Storage that tries to approximate a Fender blackface amp sim using the EQCompressor algo.  I have used it for convenient noodling with the H90 alone and it might even save me in a pinch someday.  I don’t pretend that it is as good as a real amp sim and I agree with your request/suggestion.  But this imperfect option is available now.

Baldadi
      Participant

Hey Baldadi, It’s not designed for it, but the H90 will drive headphones with just a y adapter on the stereo outs and an increase in the P out gain (10 to 12dB is usually enough). Also, I have posted a program list on Patch Storage that tries to approximate a Fender blackface amp sim using the EQCompressor algo. I have used it for convenient noodling with the H90 alone and it might even save me in a pinch someday. I don’t pretend that it is as good as a real amp sim and I agree with your request/suggestion. But this imperfect option is available now.

Great stuff, I’ll check it out! I do have a Beyerdynamic 770 250 ohm so not sure if it can be driven sufficiently, but let’s see.

We do have this pristine effects machine and it defeats it’s purpose a little by having to compromise with an OK-ish amp-sound to complement it… nonetheless, great work, thx!

Hermetech
      Participant

Just got an H90 today! I installed Control 1.7.1. on my desktop PC, and updated the unit to the latest firmware via USB with no problems.

Am I right in thinking that even though Bluetooth functionality is now available, I can’t use it with either of my PCs (because they are not supported yet), or my iPhone (because no app is available yet)?

Any ideas when these two things will roll out? I want to be able to control it as easily as my old H9.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Congrats on the new H90!

This is correct, no Bluetooth support for Windows.

You can use Bluetooth with your iPhone with a 3rd party MIDI app, but no H90 Control for iPhone.

Please see the user guide for more information: https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.7.1/content/system-menu/bluetooth.html

Hermetech
        Participant

Thanks for the quick reply! I hope both these things are being considered for the future though, H90 Control for iPhone and Bluetooth for PC, pretty please?

Poppy
      Participant

A global Noise suppressor could be really appreciate :=).

JDrage
      Participant

Ah just read through this thread and saw some of the things I asked about in other posts like global LFOs.

Has anybody asked about the ability to name the hot switches? It would be nice to have something more descriptive than HS 2 above the switch to remind me what I assigned it to. Thanks!

Francescocigna
      Participant

INPUT GATE ON POLY SYNTH ALGO.🙏

I love the polysyth algo, BUT  it would be even better if you added an input gate. With guitar a gate makes the synth sounds work much better since it cuts out artifacts and makes the the note tails more realistic to a synth. Right now i have to use the eq/comp algo befor most of my synth sounds, which works, but really limits when it comes to using some of the other algos after the poly synth to create some truly epic sounds! 🙏🙏

winihh
      Participant

Wow… so many wishes and ideas.

What I did not see…

It would be great to use the perfect tracking of H90 to create Midi-Notes/Events via Midi-Out in order to use every synth out there.

That would be another “wow” for the H90!

stevo71
      Participant

-Even though the Rotary algorithm is pretty good and loved by people like Josh Smith I think it could be improved upon.

yes please add acceleration time when switching from slow to fast or vice versa.

thank you and merry Christmas

Adamixoye
      Participant

Love the H90 here but I would love for there to be MIDI controls for the insert active/bypass (momentary) and insert send/return gains. I find myself having trouble programming my midi controller (mc6 pro) because I can only toggle the insert active/bypass when I want to send active/bypass states to the H90. Hopefully that’s a trivial task for the eventide team.

Seconded that (if I understand this correctly) I would really like for there to be separate active/bypass commands for the inserts instead of just a toggle.

Adamixoye
      Participant

Also, as best as I can tell, you cannot use a dash/minus character in a preset or program name using the pedal, but it is possible from the app.  I would like this to be fixed.

Danmusic1968
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Bluetooth capability for Android and PC.</p>
      Cheers

lhesse
      Participant

I would like the possibility to decide for every preset if midi-clock is accepted or ignored. Would be an important step. Or is there already a chance to do that and I did not find out?

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Using MIDI Clock as the clock source for the H90 is a system level parameter and cannot be saved per Program/Preset.

However, you can determine whether or not your Program/Preset uses Tempo Sync and save this setting. Example: Load a Program with a delay Preset, press the Presets and Parameters buttons together to turn Tempo Sync on, and save the Program. When you load that Program again, the delay Preset will be synced to the MIDI Clock. You can save another Program/Preset with Tempo Sync off when you do not want it to be synced.

https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.7.1/content/edit-modes/parameters.html#tempo-sync

funkybot
      Participant

I’d love to see a Lo-Fi plugin with bitcrushing, jitter, and sample rate reduction in a digital section of controls, and then an analog section with Type options for Casette, VHS, Vinyl, different noise types, Wow and Flutter settings, etc. Something to get us into Chroma Console territory.

I believe a Granular Reverb and/or Delay algorithm(s) would be a terrific addition for more modern style weirdness.

I’d love a Bouquet Chorus/Flanger algorithm. Basically, an old-school BBD chorus/flanger model for noisy analog chorus.

I think the H90 would benefit from a standalone Compressor algorithm, with types for FET, Opto, Omnipressor, VCA, with attack, release, and threshold controls. Wouldn’t mind if it included a gate/expander section too.

Speaking of gates, I’ll second requests for a global noise gate and one or more global LFOs. Those would be terrific additions. Bonus points if tthe gate worked more like an expander wtih the ability to attenuate signals below the threshold by fixed amounts. Usually, I want less noise over hard gating.

I don’t see any way of using outputs 3+4 to mirror outputs 1+2 just at different levels and have that always on. That would be nice. Example use-case: I want to keep a headphone Y-Cable plugged into outputs 3+4 running Line level, but keep 1+2 at Inst level to go to my amp. Should be as simple as creating a virtual, unity-gain send from 1+2 to 3+4 in the software. This way if headphones are or are not plugged in, or an amp is or is not plugged in, I don’t have to tweak any global settings. I can just plugin either an amp or headphones as needed using the outputs I configured. If any set of outputs has both outputs in use, the pedal should just assume stereo. So for example: if I have one mono out to an amp, then just mono operation. But if I have the Y-Cable in 3+4, then stereo operation for all algorithms.

We need better/faster program management in H90 control. I want to be able to easily swap programs in a list or have some other way to quickly reorder lists. Doing this is extremely tedious at the moment because you have to make copies of your programs to unused slots, then copy and paste multiple times. Drag and drop preset management should be the name of the game. Even if it’s done entirely on the H90 Control Software then “pushed out” to the hardware once list management is complete.

brysava
      Participant

I desperately could use the addition of chromatic scale to the diatonic algorithms of the H90!

I’m very impressed with the overall sound quality of the H90. In Dual Mode, at line level, it sounds like a rack unit! It’s a great substitute for my H9k when space is an issue for live. I’m adding a second H90–still less space than the H9k.

Adamixoye
        Participant

Unless I do not understand what you mean by “chromatic scale” then other algorithms like Harmodulator and Pitchflex already essentially do this.

eruption77
      Participant

Would LOVE to see a preset from the H3000 ported over to the H90: Preset 259 “Symphonic Chorus”  Not sure if it’s possible with the onboard H90 algo’s though.

I’ve been using a SPX90 chorus patch from Modfactor that’s pretty great that someone created years ago but there’s just something missing from it.

brock
        Participant

Hmm … swept combs.  That might be what you’re missing.  I *believe* you’re only going to find that as such in ModEchoVerb’s modulation choices, and even that wouldn’t have the same depth of detail.  It’s pretty much locked in after the reverb.

That said, there are a bunch of multi-multi-chorus modulation Programs over at PatchStorage.  Maybe one of those will get you closer.  TriceraChorus is a popular programming target there, but I’ve seen builds using all kinds of chorus effects (many taking up both Preset slots).

brock
      Participant

This might be a niche request, but does anyone else find themselves looking for more that three HotSwitches?  An option to occupy all six Performance switch slots.  H90 Control could be “paged” between HS1-HS2-HS3 and HS4-HS5-HS6.

As for the hardware coding requirements and ROI, that I don’t know.  But it would surely come in handy in a live performance setting.  Virtually seven Programs in one.  And perhaps an unwanted level of complexity, but the thought has occurred to me on more than one occasion.

eruption77
        Participant

Thank you Brock!  Yep, Swept Combs was the H3000 Algo.  I’ve played around with ModEchoVerb but I don’t get anywhere near the sound of the Symphonic preset.  I’ve tweaked the ModFactor SPX90 patch a bit and it’s close but not quite there.

apalazzolo
        Participant

Would three more hotswitches be useful? That’s a great question.

I keep a Master list of close to 100 programs and spin off list of 4-10 for playing with others.

I have to impose simplification rules or I’d never remember what to do from one program to the next.  So I always structure programs with 3 hotswitches, tap tempo, and preset enable/disable switches.  But … I never use the second row.  lol.

Another rule is to use one program per song and, honestly, three hotswitches has always been enough for that for me.

However, I could see three more hotswitches being very useful for programs that replicate other effect pedals because there would be three more “snapshots” of the other pedal in one program.  I’m working on Strymon DECO programs and that thing is so versatile I found I need many programs to capture some of its range.  Obviously, choices must be made but providing seven representative tones per program would really help to capture the DECO with fewer programs.  I’ve had similar experiences trying to replicate other vintage effects in one or a few programs but the DECO is an extreme example.  So, yes, I see replicating vintage effects as one notable use case for three more hotswitches.

explorador
      Participant

I would to be able to set the BPM through the app using my keyboard instead of my mouse. The slide is not precise and having both options in my opinion is a better user experience – less frustrating.

r-y-k
      Participant

Filtering down the list of preset favorites on the H90 device’s user interface

I’m the lucky owner of an H90 (Firmware v1.7.1) and after spending hours in tagging my favorites in the huge preset list with the H90 Control app (Mac), I found out that it seems that there’s no way on the device’s interface itself to filter down the list of presets by the favorites I tagged. Am I right here?

If yes, I’ve got a feature request for exactly that: in the “Presets” screen right there in the first selection option where you’re able to select “User” & “Factory” content, there should be another option named “Favorites” that filters down the list of presets to these only. Is this possibly on your roadmap for the next firmware & H90 Control app version?

Hermetech
      Participant

Please give Bouquet Delay the ability to have Delay times shorter than 75 ms, so we can hear how it sounds as a Chorus/Flanger when modulating the Delay time. I went to try this today and was gutted the minimum is 75 ms. 🙁

funkybot
        Participant

Yeah, that’s exactly why I specific ally requested a Bouquet Chorus/Flange algorithm. But just allowing delay times down to 0ms or very near (for flanging) would solve that considering the modulation already exists.

brock
        Participant

I happen to agree with the sound design possibilities of < 75 mS. delay time.  I was initially baffled as well.  But I came to think that the logic behind it follows that it is a BBD emulation.  There’s a finite amount of time to transfer a voltage from bucket-to-bucket, X amount of stages, and just so high of a clock speed you can run it without failed components.

Yes, none of that applies anymore to a digital device.  But it does if you’re after an accurate emulation of vintage technology.

Hermetech
        Participant

Yeah, I wondered if it might be sticking to the original BBD designs a bit too closely, but as you say, no need any more with a digital emulation. And thinking about the amount of amazing Chorus and Flanger pedals using BBDs, I don’t see why they couldn’t include faster Delay times. I used to have three Blacet Time Machine BBD Delay modules that as well as doing Delay could do an amazing Chorus and Flange, so it’s definitely possible with analogue BBDs.

Can’t the EHX Memory Man also have short enough delay times to do Chorus and Flange? Not had one in decades but seem to remember it could.

Other than that, have to say Bouquet Delay is a fave among the newer algos. Can get it sounding pretty close to my DM-2W.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Glad to hear you are enjoying Bouquet Delay! Yes, the minimum delay time was a choice made to be a faithful recreation of a BBD style delay.

We may consider changing this but adding more members to the Bouquet family as new algorithms is also a good idea! Thanks for the input.

Hermetech
        Participant

No worries, thanks for considering it!

njdelyster
      Participant

For a (hopefully soon) future firmware update please change the behaviour of Delay tails/spillover when moving between or reloading programs with delay algorithms. Currently reloading the same program or loading another program will generate a pitch warp which is very audible in a solo or band environment.

The current behaviour makes using the H90 in a live environment as the primary delay machine more or less impossible. Two possible solutions would include:

1) Ideally, isolate the current program delay line with the next program so tails and spillover occurs seamlessly when moving between delay algorithms. I appreciate that this could mean significant backend work but that would elevate the H90 to be in line with other flagship products that perform this seamlessly.

2) Alternatively turning off Tails in the delay programs/algorithms clears all feedback in the delay buffer when a program change occurs. While not ideal as spillover won’t function… it will allow delay programs to be changed and avoid the warp sound.

TROMEROA
      Participant

Just an idea. I know not was meant to emulate an older analog delay, but It would be nice to have a Tone control (or bass and treble control) on the Bouquet Delay that affects the repeats. So you could brighten them or darken them as needed to help them sit in a mix. I know you can use the delay mode for this kind of, but if so itd be cool to be able to sweep the control instead of just select between a brighter and darker option. Maybe this is too complicated. This algorithm is really good btw. Very cool sounding  I love the pitch jump performance parameter.  It’s great.

funkybot
      Participant

I’d love to be able to alias / rename the parameters assigned to Quick Knobs and Performance Footswitches. Example: the option to rename “Mix” to specifically say “Rvb Mix” or “Depth” to “Trem Dpth”. Would help differentiate one control versus another. Right now it’ll say A Mix, which is pretty good, but not as obvious or flexible.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Sorry, I don’t think we will consider this. There would be too many options if we could rename any quick knob etc and it may make things more complicated. However, we are considering improvements to make the UI more clear to differentiate when different presets and parameters are available, so I think this problem should be solved in a future update. Thanks for the input.

JDrage
        Participant

Is that an outright “no”? I work in software in UX and I don’t see how this is complicated. Just put editable labels in the preset parameters, and look up the parameter value for the display. The ON/OFF indicator may need to be a localized format string, but presumably you already have support for that in the OS since you’d definitely need that elsewhere. The MOD Dwarf has this and it makes it SO much easier on a custom program to figure out what the buttons are assigned to. Given you can assign a HS or HK to dozens of parameters, it sure would be nice to give it a descriptive name.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

It’s not an outright no, we’ll just need to determine the exact request and whether it is feasible or not to add this feature. Being able to rename all the controllers on the pedal would present the user with many options and that might not be best for the pedal UI, it could also present its own issues.

To put things into perspective, this forum thread has over 100 comments with feature requests. We’re a small team, and it would be impossible for us to add every feature. There are many factors that determine what we can/cannot add, and we need to be diligent with what features we consider.

funkybot
        Participant

Easiest fix might be as simple as rename any “Mix” or “Depth” parameters to something a little less generic. “Reverb Mix” or “Rvb Mix” or “Chorus Depth”, “Trem Depth”, for example. It’s obvious when you’re algorithm what Mix means, but when you’re looking at Performance Controls with two programs, it can become vague. Especially because the A,B,P can be a little hard to read from a distance. But even if you could read it, there’s no hard and fast rule as to whether the Reverb was placed before the Tremolo or after (is A or B reverb mix). So re-labelling things in the algorithm may be a way to improve this.

JDrage
        Participant

Thanks. I appreciate you taking the time not just to listen to feedback but to respond and give more context. I definitely understand the limits of prioritizing under limited resources.

I think renaming all controllers would be pri 2, the user can here is to be able to differentiate HotSwitches when in performance mode. I think it would be totally okay to only offer editing via the H90 Control app for a start. Just 3 labels (or 6 if you want to let the user set the off label as well) per program.

Anthony
      Participant

It’s been mentioned before but really keen to have the persistent/global expression/midi volume continued to be recognised across programmes, as it was in the H9.

njdelyster
        Participant

+1 with global min / max values assignable to expression sweep.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

I don’t see any way of using outputs 3+4 to mirror outputs 1+2 just at different levels and have that always on. That would be nice. Example use-case: I want to keep a headphone Y-Cable plugged into outputs 3+4 running Line level, but keep 1+2 at Inst level to go to my amp. Should be as simple as creating a virtual, unity-gain send from 1+2 to 3+4 in the software. This way if headphones are or are not plugged in, or an amp is or is not plugged in, I don’t have to tweak any global settings. I can just plugin either an amp or headphones as needed using the outputs I configured. If any set of outputs has both outputs in use, the pedal should just assume stereo. So for example: if I have one mono out to an amp, then just mono operation. But if I have the Y-Cable in 3+4, then stereo operation for all algorithms.

You can enable a stereo insert at the end of your signal path and that should accomplish what you are looking for. Set the insert mix to 50% so it allows the signal to pass through to 1/2. Now you have duplicate copy of the signal on 1/2 and 3/4, and you can use the send level parameter to adjust the output level of 3/4.

Adamixoye
      Participant

So I’m just delving into Hotswitches and I would like two things:

• Some indication on the UI as to if a Hotswitch is active (I don’t see anything in Performance mode, if I’m missing something please let me know)
      • Options for MIDI to specifically turn a Hotswitch ON or OFF rather than just toggle
        tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

In Perform Mode, you should see “HS1 ON” or “HS1 OFF”. Most of the factory programs have the hot switches assigned to the 2nd page of performance parameters. Press the Perform knob twice and you should see the hot switches, and see what the UI looks like toggling them on/off. Also, the LEDs will be blue when a Hot Switch is off and red when a Hot Switch is on.

You can use the momentary bypass CC message with a CC value of 63 or less to bypass the Hot Switch and 64 or greater to activate the Hot Switch. The tip in this section of the manual explains this for active/bypass, it also applies to Hot Switches. https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.7.1/content/appendix/global.html

funkybot
        Participant

Thanks for the tip!

Francescocigna
      Participant

Control how much guitar goes into an effect.

I would like to control how much signal is sent into an effect with an expression pedal. With all the gain controls both in and out none of them do that… am I missing something??

Example: I have a Reverse delay and with the expression I wanna send my guitar into that effect during a song. Also control how much guitar is ent in to control the Reverse delay WITHOUT killing the tail of the delay… (the mix kills the tail. The gain kills the whole signal..)

Can it really be true that this is not possible??

Hope I’m mistaking. If not it seems like a sensible thing update idea?

There’s definitely potential in this pedal. And i really like the Synth stuff you guys put in there please keep expanding that as well! 🙂

thanks for listening to is eventide!

wedelich
        Eventide Staff

I would do that by utilizing Program Mix. Set Program Mix to 50/50, set your Reverse Delay Mix to 100% and map an expression pedal to the Input Gain of the Reverse Delay (-60 to 0 dB). Alternatively you could use Parallel Routing path as your “dry” signal with or without an effect.

JDrage
      Participant

Here’s an idea I haven’t seen before. Crossfade time between Hot Switch frames. Right now, the parameters take their new values instantly, which can create some cool transitions on delay time and size of a reverb like blackhole etc. but what if you could set a non-zero time for the value to crossfade to its new target? That would be super sick.

Adamixoye
      Participant

In Perform Mode, you should see “HS1 ON” or “HS1 OFF”. Most of the factory programs have the hot switches assigned to the 2nd page of performance parameters. Press the Perform knob twice and you should see the hot switches, and see what the UI looks like toggling them on/off. Also, the LEDs will be blue when a Hot Switch is off and red when a Hot Switch is on. You can use the momentary bypass CC message with a CC value of 63 or less to bypass the Hot Switch and 64 or greater to activate the Hot Switch. The tip in this section of the manual explains this for active/bypass, it also applies to Hot Switches. https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.7.1/content/appendix/global.html

Re: Hotswitch indicators, that’s helpful, but I prefer to have those main H90 switches for preset on/off (Page 1) and I had programmed an external switch for HS1 and HS2.  When I hit HS1 on and off on one particular program I care about, I see a value change on one of the Quick Knobs (since that’s how I have it programmed) but no other indicator when I’m on that first page of Perform mode.

Thanks for helping me better understand the Momentary commands, I will look into that more.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

You’re welcome. Sorry, there’s nothing else I can suggest to make the Hot Switch states more clear. Only 3 items can be displayed on the each perform mode screen, it’s up to you to decide what the priority of the information displayed here is. If you prefer to have the active/bypass states displayed, then you will not be able to monitor the Hot Switch states. This may be improved in a future release.

Borja Caro
      Participant

the routing options in this thing are very cool but would be sweet if it was a bit more flexible, bleeding of signal from one algorithm to the other when connected in parallel would give us more resources for exploration,

of course I can think of some workarounds (patching the pedal to itself and placing an insert, or using a mixer).

but if done internally this would simplify things quite a lot and we won’t have to sacrifice Ins/outs…

im loving this thing!

Adamixoye
      Participant

I’d be interested if Hotswitches could be able to turn on/off inserts

ReubenCainer
      Participant

Love the H90

Just wanted to second the request to have a global EQ for each parameter, or if that’s not possible at least a low pass on the pitch algorithms.

When using pitch shifting up an octave on a bass the low frequencies get very muddy/take up a ton of room (sounds ok on speakers but on a bass amp in a club it’s very intense!).

General EQ control of pitch shifting built into the algorithm would be so useful!

Thanks!!

fiddlercrabseason
      Participant

Adding ‘phase adjust’ and ‘phase reset’ parameters for any of the modulation/shape/etc. parameters.  Example use cases:

1) 2X Harmadillo presets (or TremVerb, et al), parallel routing, both 1/4 note rate, preset B “xxx.x degrees” out of phase with preset A.  Currently, with both set to 1/4 note rate, re-loading the program loads both in sync.

2) conversely, if I want to modulate the rate of either preset A or B, the only way to reset the phase to get them both in sync is to re-load the program.

3) would also open up the ability to modulate the phase and/or trigger the phase reset via expression, MIDI, CV.

If I’m unaware of, or have overlooked, a way to do this with existing algos, please let me know.

brock
        Participant

I catch your ‘drift’, fiddlercrabseason.  The only other workaround I have found is to hit both Retrigger performance parameters at the exact same time.

Awkward at best, but I actually hadn’t thought (until just now) to try sending the same MIDI CC message to – for example – PERFORM 2 & 3 for each algo.

I just hate using up two of the 6 Performance slots on Retrigger, but I have a lot of Programs that almost demand that.

fiddlercrabseason
        Participant

… try sending the same MIDI CC message to – for example – PERFORM 2 & 3 for each algo..

Good idea for simultaneous re-syncing.  And I suppose you could rig a similar control set for changing the phase relationship by offsetting/delaying/etc the MIDI CC to one of the two retriggers…

…but it would be grand to be able to change the phase relationships internally, both for static (one-time) and dynamic (modulated) phase relationship shifting.

brock
      Participant

…. And I suppose you could rig a similar control set for changing the phase relationship by offsetting/delaying/etc the MIDI CC to one of the two retriggers… …but it would be grand to be able to change the phase relationships internally, both for static (one-time) and dynamic (modulated) phase relationship shifting.

Agree.  Internally would be best.  Now we’re in the vicinity of the onboard LFOs FRs.  One-shots would do it.

But now you have me pondering a more immediate external solution.  How about a MIDI LFO controlling the H90 LFOs?  Say, a Square waveform as a (Re)trigger.  Periodic Retriggers might  obviate the need to keep re-syncing.  And SIN / COS etc. to control the offsets.

I only bring this up because it’s becoming a more popular option for MIDI controllers of late.  Morningstar, Source Audio, boutique …

Screw it.  We need dual-quadrature LFOs in the H90, assignable to any parameter.  Quantized & smoothed.  Just think of the barberpole effects we could create …

fiddlercrabseason
        Participant

“…Screw it.  We need dual-quadrature LFOs in the H90, assignable to any parameter.  Quantized & smoothed.  Just think of the barberpole effects we could create …”

works for me.

brock
      Participant

Bear with me: A PERFORM Mode “HotSwitch” to toggle between two separate ranges of parameter mapping.

• No doubt tied to the [P] switch, selected under that display column, using the [P] LED button.
      • Named something like ALT, or whatever fits.  Debatable usefulness for an ALT (M).
      • In the Parameter Mapping popup, a toggle to set START & END ranges in two distinct sets  / pages (BASE & ALT – ALT1 & ALT2, etc.).
      1. Example: Two switchable ranges for Mod Speed and Mod Depth, tied to a HotKnob.
      2. Example: Instant reverse on an expression pedal mapping over, say, a pair of Delay times.
      3. Example: Two defined ranges of an incoming MIDI CC over a particular parameter or three.
      4. Example: Lighter & heavier MIX over an effect; different START point & the same END point for a given pedal travel.

My main thought here was a single expression pedal (or two) performing ‘double-duty’.  Work the pedal, press a (ALT) Perform switch, and it ‘mutates’ into controlling another range of that pre-assigned set of parameter mappings. But bonus points for switchable control sources under the same parameter mapping ‘toggle’ paging.

matfagan
      Participant

Absolutely loving my h90 but how about a boss OC3 poly mode? I use it for faux hybrid bass / guitar comping, and would love to retire the boss if my H90 could do it. Might involve implementing a crossover frequency with one of the existing algorithms…

Also the tuner is not great, can we get some red and green happening? The visibility is terrible onstage.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Glad to hear you are enjoying the H90 and thanks for posting your requests.

We’ve seen both of these requests before. I can’t comment on a timeline, but these are on our radar for possible features in a future release.

matfagan
        Participant

Thanks tbskoglund for the quick reply!

Very exciting to hear, as a guitarist who accompanies singers in a duo format I can say there’s a large community of us that are ready to move on from the oc3. Despite it’s flaws, it’s the only unit that does this one really useful and specific job, so we have to keep using it.

Unfortunately Boss didn’t improve it with the oc5, looking forward to what you’ll come up with!

fiddlercrabseason
      Participant

Program-level feedback in the insert routing configuration:

1) With series routing, the output of B feeds back into A.  Inserts in ‘mid’ position included in feedback loop.  All other insert positions excluded.

2) With parallel routing, outputs of each algo cross-feed into the other (A->B, and B->A).  Inserts in ‘parallel’ position excluded from feedback loop.  Inserts in all other positions included.

Borja Caro
        Participant

Program-level feedback in the insert routing configuration: 1) With series routing, the output of B feeds back into A. Inserts in ‘mid’ position included in feedback loop. All other insert positions excluded. 2) With parallel routing, outputs of each algo cross-feed into the other (A->B, and B->A). Inserts in ‘parallel’ position excluded from feedback loop. Inserts in all other positions included.

yes please!!

brock
      Participant

Program-level feedback in the insert routing configuration: 1) With series routing, the output of B feeds back into A. Inserts in ‘mid’ position included in feedback loop. All other insert positions excluded. 2) With parallel routing, outputs of each algo cross-feed into the other (A->B, and B->A). Inserts in ‘parallel’ position excluded from feedback loop. Inserts in all other positions included.

High on my personal Wishlist Of Broken Dreams.  Imagine the possibilities …

And the potential danger.  And the newest TS hot topic.  I like it.

fiddlercrabseason
        Participant

… Imagine the possibilities … And the potential danger…

– I’ll sign that waiver.

…And the newest TS hot topic…

– ??? (you lost me again 🙂 )

fiddlercrabseason
        Participant

…<span style=”font-size: inherit;”>she’s going to need a limiter. And safety valves…

Strongly disagree.  Any potential risk is dwarfed by potential reward.

brock
      Participant

brock wrote:

…And the newest TS hot topic…

– ??? (you lost me again 🙂 )

• “Software issue here.  All of my Programs started feeding back uncontrollably.”
      • “Hardware problem.  My Inserts stopped working.”
      • “I’m getting this strange phasing effect.”
      • “I came up on my return window, so …”

Joking somewhat, but she’s going to need a limiter.  And safety valves.

So no need for the waiver, that takes the danger out of it.  And what fun is that?

MrBollie
      Participant

I’ve had the H90 for two days, now, and I’ve already set up a bunch of programs. Gosh, this thing is fun and my main objective was to replace at least three pedals on my board just with this device. Paired it with a TONEX and it’s simply amazing, as I can use effects now pre and post the TONEX. 🙂

However, certain things I don’t get. Like why can’t I for example abritrarily assign looper functions to all the three footswitches in PERFORM mode? If I’m not missing something, I’d like to add this to the wishlist.

Another feature request: Spring Reverb having “drip” (Strymon Flint does this really well and I’d love to see that on the H90)

Otherwise awesome device and it cleaned up my pedalboard greatly. ;D

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Glad to hear you are enjoying the new H90!

When designing the UI of the H90, we settled on only allowing P perform parameter for the P switch, A parameter for the A switch, and B parameters for the B switch. We made this decision to simplify/improve the workflow and general UI of the pedal.

We do realize this system could be improved when it comes to the looper and we may consider some changes with how this can work in a future update. For now, my best suggestion would be to use either the 1-button looper, or a 3-button aux switch or MIDI controller if you’ll like finer control of all the looper’s parameters.

roverdog
      Participant

Love my H90 so much that I just might buy me a second one!

I would like to be able to use more foot switches.  Would love to see an Ox90 come out, similar to the H9’s Ox9.

Hermetech
      Participant

A Frequency Shifter (NOT Pitch Shifter, that’s covered in abundance!) would be great, or being able to set the Ring Mod to a Frequency Shift mode (Two Quadrant vs Four Quadrant Multiplier). Or a Frequency Shifter/Delay combo where you can set the Frequency Shifter in the Feedback path of the Delay. It’s one of my fave tricks for coruscating Delays that don’t run away, when set to very subtle amounts of shift.

FS has a really unique sound when used subtly, how I like to use it, kinda like Chorus but very much it’s own thing.

I’ve always been a bit confused about the Swirl part of Tricerachorus. The original H9 didn’t have Swirl. The plugin Tricerachorus has Swirl, and the manual states it’s a Frequency Shifter. The H90 Tricerachorus also has Swirl, but the manual says it’s a Pitch Shifter. Sounds like Frequency Shifting to me, but would love to know one way or the other.

And yeah, would love a standalone Frequency Shifter or FS/Delay if poss!

brock
      Participant

A Frequency Shifter (NOT Pitch Shifter, that’s covered in abundance!) would be great, or being able to set the Ring Mod to a Frequency Shift mode (Two Quadrant vs Four Quadrant Multiplier). Or a Frequency Shifter/Delay combo where you can set the Frequency Shifter in the Feedback path of the Delay. It’s one of my fave tricks for coruscating Delays that don’t run away, when set to very subtle amounts of shift. FS has a really unique sound when used subtly, how I like to use it, kinda like Chorus but very much it’s own thing …

Have you tried out the new Pitch mode in RingMod?  I can’t quite figure out its exact internal structure; not quite the same as my O.G. Frequency Analyzer or EHX Ring Thing in SSB.  But it can do subtle, and can also pitch track the input.  I’ve been experimenting with that in Series with Polyphony delays, using the Feedback Sw set inside the loop.

Swirl … that’s another delicious mystery.

If you’re interested, here’s an ancient Eventide discussion on building some similar effects (with less control over it):

https://www.eventideaudio.com/forums/topic/can-we-get-a-frequency-shifter/

rck
      Participant

I’d like to request that the the option for the TriceraChorus’ Swirl and Bouquet Delay’s Pitch Jump features be configurable to be in the ON state when a Program is called up. Please consider additional Algorithms with similar features as well if they can be implemented in that manner.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Thanks for reporting, we’re looking into a fix for this.

Modular1
      Participant

Please please please!
      I would really love to see a really basic 3 band EQ added to each algorithm (swept mid would be cake icing). Even a simple nice sounding hipass and low pass filter would be great for just sculpting a mix. I use my 2x H90s on the instrument outs on my Elektron Analog Rytm which has no EQ per instrument. It would be great to have an EQ utility in there before the signal returns back to the Rytm.
      If I had to beg for a single addition it would be a hipass filter to scoop mud/dynamic range from the signal.

turretboard
      Participant

Another vote for EQ. Although, I would go a step further. I would like to see more classic guitar and studio EQs, like Boogie Mark series graphic EQ, or character EQs like Pultec EQP1-A; Neve 1073 would be lit! Some API stuff like the 550 series or Trident 80B, which was all over the Queen albums. Or just a simple 7-10 band EQ. It’s such a powerful tool in front of a guitar amp, but also excellent as a mastering tool. No one does that, I hope that Eventide will 🙂

shawnmh
      Participant

More harmony scales please  The H90 “Harmonizer” needs to live up to its trademark name.

Start with the scales that the old DigiTech harmony processors (IPS33B & DHP33) have, that the H90 does not have:

(scales NOT included on H90⬇️)

Lydian Augmented

Half-Whole Diminished

Whole-Half Diminished

Major Pentatonic

Minor Pentatonic

Blues

Also, it would be great to have user defined scales too. Those older DigiTech models, and Fractal Axe FX 2 & 3 have that as well.

brysava
      Participant

And Chromatic Scale as on my H9k.

sylvanwilliams
      Participant

ABY Function On Inputs

One of the things I like most about the H90 is the flexible routing. To build on this, it would be interesting to allow pinning a Program for Mono input, and to be able to choose which input is used, either IN1 or IN2. It would allow eliminating an external ABY box for folks that do double instrument duty with one pedal board, but could also be very confusing if misconfigured or if the configuration isn’t obvious on the UI

Herr Mosa
      Participant

Screensaver Wakeup on MidiClock Start

It’s just a small thing, but it would be very nice 🙂

Modular1
      Participant

Screensaver Wakeup on MidiClock Start It’s just a small thing, but it would be very nice 🙂

All my gear receives permanent midi clock so this is a terrible idea. The screensaver would never come on. Please DO NOT implement this.  😂

Modular1
        Participant

Screensaver Wakeup on MidiClock Start It’s just a small thing, but it would be very nice 🙂

All my gear receives permanent midi clock so this is a terrible idea. The screensaver would never come on. Please DO NOT implement this. 😂

Edit: Sorry. As long as its Clock Start and not presence of clock this would be fine. I can’t say the screen savers not waking is an issue. Mine wake up fine as soon as I hit start. Maybe they are probably reacting to audio though.

Herr Mosa
        Participant

The idea would be to wake up at midiclock start or continue.

When the midiclock is running, the display should be happy to go to sleep   😘

Modular1
      Participant

+1 for an assignable LFO.

josh.thorpe
      Participant

Hey everyone!

I would be very surprised if I was the only one here but I use mainly guitar through the H90 but I also use bass. I was wondering if it would be possible to assign the source type to particular presets so we don’t have to change it in the global settings constantly.

This would be an amazing feature if it’s possible for the future!

Thanks guys

Modular1
      Participant

Hey everyone! I would be very surprised if I was the only one here but I use mainly guitar through the H90 but I also use bass. I was wondering if it would be possible to assign the source type to particular presets so we don’t have to change it in the global settings constantly. This would be an amazing feature if it’s possible for the future! Thanks guys

Out of interest, why is there not a setting for synths in here? Where should I set this for synth use? Eventide should perhaps add this option here to save any confusion.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

The Source Type refers to the frequency range of the instrument and affects how the pitch tracking, filters, and tone controls in certain algorithms will respond to the audio source.

If you are mostly using delay/modulation/reverbs with your synths, the source type setting will not make much of a difference. If you mostly use your synth for lead sounds, you can set it for Lead. If you mostly use it for sub bass sounds, you can set it to Sub.

https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.7.5/content/system-menu/global.html

Modular1
        Participant

What about drums? 😁

MrBollie
      Participant

I’m using the H90 basically in dual routing mode, with guitar going into IN1, OUT1 going into my ToneX pedal and returning on IN3/4 and OUT3/4 going into my audio interface. I’m getting some really lovely tones with this. The only issue I have is with the Polysynth.

Now it would be great to keep the Polysynth in the IN/OUT 3/4 loop, but use 1/2 as tracking input, if that makes sense. That way, the Polysynth has the clean signal from the guitar to work with instead of any distorted one coming from the TONEX.

Long story short: Let me choose an abritrary input on the synth algos just for tracking. 🙂

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Sorry, that won’t be possible. Can you use the ToneX in insert mode instead of dual routing? This way, you can choose where the distortion is in the signal path, and you can run your insert in parallel which will allow the dry signal to go to PolySynth.

MrBollie
        Participant

Oh! Yeah, I just set it up that way and it works. Thank you so much. 🙂

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

You’re welcome, glad to hear it’s working for you!

Adamixoye
      Participant

Hey everyone! I would be very surprised if I was the only one here but I use mainly guitar through the H90 but I also use bass. I was wondering if it would be possible to assign the source type to particular presets so we don’t have to change it in the global settings constantly. This would be an amazing feature if it’s possible for the future! Thanks guys

Related, I would actually like this to be something that could be changed by MIDI.  I frequently change instruments and the ability to do this without a menu dive would be nice.  There are probably some other global parameters I could say this about as well, but this is the biggest one.

a7xflo
      Participant

This would be a great feature in my opinion:
      Use an external pedal (like a delay) in parallel with the Eventide H90’s Second Algorithm (like a reverb).
      With this you can build mega 80ies stereo sound’s with the TriceraChorus in the first Algo Slot – would be a great addition for the flexibility.

Attachments:
      Modular1
      Participant

The idea would be to wake up at midiclock start or continue. When the midiclock is running, the display should be happy to go to sleep 😘

Noticed on mine this morning that it does indeed wake up on midi clock start. Neither of my two h90s had any sound running to them. Only connection was midi clock and they do come out of screen save mode on play.

NoneMoreBlack
      Participant

I am loving my H90 but I would really appreciate a simple change to the “Kill dry” option at the patch level. I run a stereo rig and while I want some patches to be stereo (like chorus, pitch shift) I would prefer delays and reverbs to be dry on one channel, e.g.  Left, and wet (kill dry) on the other, e.g. Right. Yes I know there are work arounds but they are a pain to implement and it would be much easier to be able to do this on a preset or patch basis.

A separate global EQ patch (urei 330 style 9 band with proportional Q) that can be toggled on/off for each patch in addition to the two effects slots would also be great

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Kill Dry refers to how the mix parameters of the Programs/Presets works; it removes the dry signal. It sounds like what you are describing is a Wet/Dry configuration: https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.7.5/content/setup/wet-dry.html

The H90 can be used in a wet/dry setup (as seen above) or a typical stereo setup as you are doing already. It cannot do both. Sorry, I’m not sure if we will consider this request since both setups can already be accomplished.

NoneMoreBlack
      Participant

I feel the way shown in the manual isn’t the way most people want to run wet-dry. Also, it doesn’t make sense to send your dry signal through two sets of analog digital conversion with effecting it so if you’re doing that you might as well split the signal before the H90.

All it needs is a new option instead of just kill dry on/off. Perhaps something like: Normal, kill dry, dry L kill R, dry L normal R.

Thanks!

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Thanks for clarifying. However, it is a bit more complicated than you might expect. The H90 determines the mono/stereo behavior of the algorithms depending on what physical I/O jacks are connected. For your setup, you’d want a mono reverb/delay, so there would be a considerable amount of work for this behavior to work correctly.

I’ve heard from a number of users that the wet/dry configuration from the manual works well for them. I can log your request, but it’s not likely that we’d consider this feature without many other users requesting this option.

Borja Caro
      Participant

hi,

longer than 3000 ms delay times would be very very nice to have.

is this maximum a technical limitation?

brock
      Participant

hi, longer than 3000 ms delay times would be very very nice to have. is this maximum a technical limitation?

For the original ‘Factor algorithms, 6 seconds seems to be the max delay buffer target (FilterPong series delays).  3 seconds each for the dual independent delays.  And sometimes less, with a lot other processing going on (1480 – 2500 mS).

UltraTap extends out to 10 seconds.  It will cover digital, ping-pong, ducked, gated delays and then some.  Looper can be set up to mimic a standard set of delay lines; 60+ seconds & beyond, in stereo.

aleksisundell
      Participant

A choice to hold the end of the warp sequence in wormhole indefninitely (the gorgeous “empty space” sound that goes away too fast).

Long (100 sec) decay times for all reverb algorithms would be great. Plate sounds great with infinite decay and I would love to have longer decay without it being infinite.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

You can try using the Plate algorithms from SP2016 Reverb if you’d like a longer decay.

fiddlercrabseason
      Participant

Please add the ability to disable ‘Catchup’ in the Looper.

fiddlercrabseason
      Participant

Please add the ability to toggle tempo sync off/on remotely.

Majorca
      Participant

Would it be possible to add Mid Side encoding to the H90?  For live performance you can replace  a stereo  or  wet/dry/ wet  speaker setup by sending  stereo delays or other processed stereo signals into an MS encoder. It is highly effective as the phase encoding helps to prevent the stereo image from collapsing over distance. You can also use a mid/side speaker array (i.e. two cabinets mounted vertically, one facing forward and the other sideways) which saves space on stage compared to having two regular speakers spaced further apart.

Aspen Pittman of Groove Tubes built the SFX Spacestation for a while https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Spacestation3–aspen-pittman-designs-center-point-stereo-spacestation-v3-280w-3d-stereo-monitor  which they also licensed to Fender as the Fender Acoustic SFX Acoustic Instrument amplifier.    I had a rack mounted M/S processor custom built and I also built several different mid/side speaker arrays so I know how well it works. Having M/S as an option in the H90 would certainly save on additional processing gear and cabling and make it a lot easier for musicians to experiment with this concept.

cestlamort
      Participant

A couple minor feature / UI requests for the H90 Control program (based on the Mac version)

• Move location of the pop up parameter box (when using the drop down arrow for each parameter, such as for assigning control source and range) to not cover up the original knob value.
      • On the Control Assignments tab, list out the different parameters (there are seven) and their assignments in rows rather than having to select each one from the drop down list. (Or at least the option to do so). This would give an overview of what parameter is assigned to what switch at a glance, rather than having to cycle through all the parameters to find the one that you unintentionally mis-assigned (as me how I know…). Or, alternately, the ability to sort/display the different assignments by parameter and by switch. (i.e., what all is assigned to aux switch #4?)

(I’m finally starting to dig into editing with the H90 Control program, after focusing on just on-board editing, which is a testament to the UI on the pedal itself. Great work there).

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Thanks for your suggestions and glad to hear that you enjoy working with the pedal UI as well.

sharshbarger
      Participant

Hi – it would be really helpful to control the Inserts — Send, Return, Mix and Bypass  — via setting a control source and/or hotswitches. I have an external delay in my insert loop, and want to be able to vary its mix level. To do so, I have to burn a whole preset (e.g., a Thru) after the return and control the volume through the preset level.

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 10.52.48 AM

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Thanks for your suggestion. This has been requested before and we are considering it for a future update, but I cannot provide a timeline for this at the moment.

brockstar
      Participant

I didn’t read through all of this but my wish since the beginning is to have insert [2] be able to move in front of insert [1]. which to be honest should have been there from the beginning like any other modeler does, but hopefully some day soon!

apalazzolo
      Participant

Per a recent TGP discussion I’d like to request a revision to Spring in which the tremolo operates in a third mode: after the reverb and applied to both the dry and reverberated signals.  Thanks for considering it.

Mogens_Fosgerau
      Participant

<span style=”font-size: inherit;”>I bought an H90 recently. Now I am in heaven and I am selling all my other pedals.</span>

<span style=”font-size: inherit;”>It would be great to be able to only apply octaver to notes up to some maximum. The Boss OC5 does this and it is very useful for guitar , for example for playing bass notes with octave and chords without octave.</span>

matcaster
      Participant

As a long time H9 user, i have to sat that teh H90 is a dream come true. The new algos are phenomenal, instant phaser/flanger, bouquet delay, they make my analog pedals useless.

What i would like to get is an improved version of the crystal algo with more parameters. In my DAW i often use the soundtoys crystallize instead of delay/reverb. I can get close with the crystal but it lacks some features like threshold, splice, recycle.

brock
      Participant

… What i would like to get is an improved version of the crystal algo with more parameters. In my DAW i often use the soundtoys crystallize instead of delay/reverb. I can get close with the crystal but it lacks some features like threshold, splice, recycle.

In the spirit of getting you a little closer for now:

• Stereo in Crystals, so all of the common parameters with Crystallizer are doubled.
      • Mix – A combination of (dry/wet) Mix and Pitch A / Pitch B Mix.
      • Pitch – There’s a coarser gradation in Pitch A / Pitch B.
      • Splice – essentially the Reverse Delay buffers A&B in Crystals, with somewhat less of a continuous range.
      • Recycle – Feedback A & Feedback B.
      • Delay (pre-delay), Threshold, Gate/Duck, Forward / Reverse – you’d have to get those from a 2nd algorithm in Series, like Ducked Delay, DynaVerb (Omnipressor mode), even UltraTap.
      • Tweak Menu – manual A & B offsets to Pitch / Rev Delay/Splice …

Something to be said for leaving the 2nd Preset slot open for a completely different effect.  But part of the beauty of the H90 (over the H9) is creating “new” algorithms from combining two.

cestlamort
      Participant

Wish list feature request for H90.

More “selective”/customizable settings for transmitting MIDI messages. This could include:

• Ability to assign hotswitches to send MIDI CC and PC (independent of current PC messages when set to “transmit”). Message and channel.
      • Program by program option to send PC messages when changing programs. Currently, all PC changes are transmitted when switching programs (or none at all)
      • Ability to assign expression pedal to H90 and/or MIDI

(Background: I was able to simplify/downsize my Morningstar MC6 mk2 to a Disaster Area DMC micro.pro when I added the H90, since the hotswitches covered much of what I was using the MC6 for, leaving only switching presets various devices on a song-by-song basis. I currently switch H90 programs mid-song but don’t necessarily want to switch the other midi-controlled devices, especially with the brief drop out on the H9 when changing programs. With the above options, I could do away with a separate MIDI controller entirely).

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Thanks for the suggestions. Can you elaborate on “Ability to assign expression pedal to H90 and/or MIDI” ?

You can already have an expression pedal connected to the H90 and output a MIDI CC. You can also choose to simultaneously have the expression pedal control a HotKnob or preset parameter, etc.

Wardy66
      Participant

Not sure if this has been raised already but I’d like a reverse delay with a constant pitch shift, so like Crystals without the climbing shifts.

I can do this with a single repeat using Crystals but not with any more repeats. Unless I’m missing something!

Here’s hoping!

brock
      Participant

… I’d like a reverse delay with a constant pitch shift, so like Crystals without the climbing shifts. I can do this with a single repeat using Crystals but not with any more repeats. Unless I’m missing something! Here’s hoping!

I was thinking Pitch A/B @ 0 cents, some Delay A/B time, then add in Feedback A/B.  But you may mean having a fixed Pitch offset (ex. – 5th] affecting just multiple repeats.

Off the top of my head, Reverse (single delay) first, in Series with Polyphony (doing the pitch shift and repeats), or vice-versa.  Both @ 100% wet, with dry Mix dialed in at the Program level.  There are probably other ways I’m not thinking of now.

cestlamort
      Participant

Thanks for the suggestions. Can you elaborate on “Ability to assign expression pedal to H90 and/or MIDI” ? You can already have an expression pedal connected to the H90 and output a MIDI CC. You can also choose to simultaneously have the expression pedal control a HotKnob or preset parameter, etc.

Sorry, I wasn’t clear there (and may not be here!) I was thinking about the option to assign the expression pedal to different channels and cc#s on a per program basis (rather than on global level for midi). Candidly, I don’t have the H90 set to Transmit (since I don’t want it to always transmit PC changes) so I hadn’t explored the options of assigning the expression to midi and a local (h90) target (parameter, hot knob, etc).

As always, thanks for the responsiveness and considering all the feature requests!

Wardy66
        Participant

@brock thanks. I was hoping for a single algorithm really. LVX can do it – fixed pitch just on the repeats. CBA Reverse Mode C can do it as well. Also Helix with a delay and pitch block running fully wet in parallel with the dry signal.

but H90 pitch shifting is just so much better than the competition I’ve used!

Borja Caro
      Participant

Here’s a couple:

– The possibility of using external control as send amount to algorithms.

– Expression pedal curve adjustment. (there’s a lot of pedals that don’t allow).

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

If you set your Program mix to 50% and route your algorithms in parallel, you can use the input gain parameter for either algorithm as the “send” amount. You can map this parameter to external controllers.

Borja Caro
        Participant

thank you!

AndersNils
      Participant

Parameter mapping of insert input gain, output gain and mix would be cool.

I’ve been experimenting using my volume/exp pedal to control volume via parameter mapping (as opposed to as a volume pedal before the H90) so that for some programs I can use it for other stuff (wah, pitch, feedback, etc,) and I want to stick both inserts in between the algorithms and then have volume control in between them. In my case, insert 1 is a compressor and I want to control the volume after it, which would be easy with parameter mapping of the output gain so that toe down is 0db and heel down is -60db, if that were possible.

Borja Caro
      Participant

Maybe this can already be done but:

being able to lock the buttons on top of the footswitches,

im finding myself pressing these by mistake with my foot and changing its function undesaribly many times.

d.talma
      Participant

I am already super happy with my H90, so these are my ’spoiled kid wishes’

•IO
      I am a simple bass player: mono in, mono out, and that leaves most IO unused. What I would love for recording purposes:
      – one mono out with normal dry/wet mono mix (to amp)
      – one mono out dry only (recording)
      – one stereo out with wet stereo mix only (recording)
      And if I really would want maximise the use of the IO, then let me toggle between input 1 and 2 so that I can connect two basses, and switch on the fly (assignable to pedal or per preset)

• Polyphonic pitch shifter:
      – would love to have a swell function for each voice, and the dry signal.
      I know you can use the synth sounds or the ultratap, but that just ain’t the same.

You can do such cool stuff with a combination of a pitch shifter and a swell function:
      – you can mimic the behaviour of guitar-feedback (dry sound plays immediately, +12 fades in slowly, and then +19 fades in slowly after.
      – play staccato guitar, and with each legato note the swell pitch shifted notes are added, simulating a string section behind the guitar
      – and out of this world sounds where you can fade in your guitar sound later, and first hear the pitched notes only

– glide time for each pitched shifted voice, or all together if that is too much to ask from the processor.

• Diatonic:
      Custom pitch mapping per note. Even if that would mean that it would be only one voice instead of two.

• polysynth
      Sustain/Decay time, so that you can also make short sounding/percussive sound. And a noise generator would be nice…

• And what some other users already mentioned as well; a more flexible way of assigning footswitches to functions.
      HS1-> FS3, hold of FX 2 to FS1, etc.

brockstar
      Participant

Having 2 H90’s right now and soon to be 3… I wish there was a way to sync programs from one H90 to another fast and easy.

Some sort of way they can communicate if you have 2 or more connected in the control app and an option to sync so that all programs are matched on each one if you wanted too.

If that makes sense to anyone?

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Using H90 Control, you can backup H90 1 and then restore that backup to H90 2, essentially copying all settings and Programs, etc. This will overwrite everything on H90 2 so be careful you don’t have any unsaved information on that pedal.

Alternatively, you can export/import Program lists, or copy individual Programs/Presets from from either pedal while both are connected to H90 Control.

brockstar
      Participant

Using H90 Control, you can backup H90 1 and then restore that backup to H90 2, essentially copying all settings and Programs, etc. This will overwrite everything on H90 2 so be careful you don’t have any unsaved information on that pedal. Alternatively, you can export/import Program lists, or copy individual Programs/Presets from from either pedal while both are connected to H90 Control.

True. Was just being lazy and looking for a easier way. Like something inside the H90 control app to click and bam it syncs automatically if there’s 2 or more H90’s opened in the app lol 🙂

brockstar
      Participant

Also another little wish for H90 Control. When you have 2 or more H90’s connected, it can get confusing trying to remember which one is which based on the serial number at the top.

Could we possibly be allowed to edit it? Like I have a number 0 sticker on my original H90 that I’ve had for 1 1/2 years since launch, and then I have a number 1 sticker on the new one that just came and it goes into insert 1 of my older one and the other one that is on the way will have a number 2 sticker on it and go into insert 2 of my older one.

Be nice if I could relabel the top area with 0, 1, 2 if i wanted too or whatever anyone wants instead of the serial number. Would just make it much easier to navigate seeing that up there in the way that I want too.

See attachment for the area I’m talking about…

Attachments:
      brockstar
      Participant

I didn’t read through all of this but my wish since the beginning is to have insert [2] be able to move in front of insert [1]. which to be honest should have been there from the beginning like any other modeler does, but hopefully some day soon!

I wanna expand on this a little more again for something I forgot.

When you’re in parallel and you have an insert 1 and insert 2 and put them in the middle between the 2 algorithms that are above and below them, again you can only feed 1 into 2 when they are close together, there’s no way to do insert 2 into insert 1 or have both insert 1 and insert 2 on top of each other in parallel.

So please let us be able to put insert 2 in front of insert 1 anywhere on the path when they are next to each other, and allow us to put insert 1 and insert 2 on top of each other in the middle on a parallel path.

Wardy66
      Participant

Granular delay is on my wish list.

like the Red Panda Particle 2.

we have the pitches, the LFOs, the reverse delay. Just need to add a grain element and perhaps a more random style of LFO and it. Could  happen!

AndersNils
      Participant

This is something that would be helpful for me as well. I would like one of my inserts to be a compressor that I can put wherever is most useful – including before/after the other insert.

I wanna expand on this a little more again for something I forgot. When you’re in parallel and you have an insert 1 and insert 2 and put them in the middle between the 2 algorithms that are above and below them, again you can only feed 1 into 2 when they are close together, there’s no way to do insert 2 into insert 1 or have both insert 1 and insert 2 on top of each other in parallel. So please let us be able to put insert 2 in front of insert 1 anywhere on the path when they are next to each other, and allow us to put insert 1 and insert 2 on top of each other in the middle on a parallel path.

Borja Caro
      Participant

User Interface wish:

Hot Knob meter collapses when not in use…

H90 Control wish:

MIDI Learn!!

brockstar
      Participant

Not sure if this has been suggested but I’d love a Randomizer per algorithm. Don’t even have to put it on the hardware and just make it H90 control available.

Be so fun just to be able to click the randomizer option in Algo A and it changes all the parameters in that algo to something else each time, then go over to Algo B and do the same, so much fun and so much awesomeness can be made!

Boss SY-300 had this option where you could blend patches together and it was fun and many things you can come up with doing that too.

Perhaps we could have a blender of some sort too? Hit blender option and it’ll give you a random Algo A from a preset and also give you a random Algo B from another preset.

It chooses whatever is in your USER LISTS.

If you like this idea, then make your voice heard in here that you’d like these features too!

ThoGo
      Participant

Hello fellow users and dear Eventide team,

Congrats for making such a great unit, I’ve been using the H90 for 6 month and I’m very happy with it. It’s a very deep and I’m still learning a lot, here are my suggestions and wishes for the future : (I MAY intentionally repeat some of the ideas above that I really wish to happen)

• Freeze Algorithm

I second users that want this feature, car the freeze options on Reverbs & Polyphony arent’ completely satisfying to me : The reverb algorithms is working well for ambient freeze style, but for more concrete sound it’s not suitable. The Polyphony is the one I use the most and it definitely have it’s qualities but : When you through it without freezing, we can hear a sort of ‘slapback’. I would rather prefer an algo that stays completely inaudible until the freeze is activated.

Here are suggestions of an Freeze algorithm :

– Transparency when it’s not used

– Set of in-algo effects to bring life to the freezed signal : modulations, reverb, pitch stuff (just like polyphony)

– Stack multiple layers of freeze signal : just like the Plus Pedal by Gamechanger Audio. This kind of feature is gold for monophonic instruments.

– Glide function between successive freezed chords/notes, inspired by the EHX Hog II

– Decay parameter, would give the possibility of making the signal fade away, like with a acoustic piano.

• Attack envelope (Slow Gear / Attack Decay / POG II)

After trying to find a short attack envelope within existing algorithms (Dynaverb/Omnipressor & Ultratap) nothing gave me what I was looking for. Omnipressor changes the sound to much, and does not track very well for this use.

I think it would be nice to have a dedicated algorithm for this. Here are the parameters I imagine for this :

– Attack

– Decay

– Compression

– Blend

– Modulation

– Lowpass filter / hi pass filter

– Dual pitch shifting

• Bitcrushing & Noise generator (& more lofi-esque kind of sounds)

I think this would be nice, and would be a solid add of a lot of people. I get a lots of demands for this in my everyday work as a musician. I’ve used the Strymon Timeline a lot to do this and I love the feature of the lo-fi delay : Bits, Sample Rate & Pre-made Filters are great. To me Eventide’s vintage delay, while great as a delay, isn’t sufficient to achieve this.

Here are some of the features I’d love :

– Blend

– Bits

– Sample Rate

– Wow – Flutter

– Distortion

– Random noise generator

• Bluetooth for Windows & Android

This has already been said a lot, but I’m one of these patients Windows users. Never gonna buy an Apple device so, I’m really waiting for this.

Thanks you Eventide for your amazing work, and thanks to the community to help making H90 better and better

<script src=”moz-extension://0876e0a6-fdc7-407d-8eb5-9264f3364bb2/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

<script src=”moz-extension://0876e0a6-fdc7-407d-8eb5-9264f3364bb2/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

brockstar
      Participant

Not sure if this has been mentioned, or mentioned in this way or makes sense to anyone else lol, but I think this could be nice for more flexibility with the insert 1 and insert 2, but not sure if it’s doable but requesting anyway!

For both Insert 1 and Insert 2, give us these controls

Send Level A

Send Level B

Return Level A

Return Level B

Mix Level A

Mix Level B

This way when we put a insert 1 or insert 2 before or after both algorithms A and B on a parallel path (obviously only works for parallel mode), we can control how much of the insert we want going into each algo when it’s in front of the path, and how much of each algo we want going back out into the insert when it’s at the end of the path.

Leon Todd
      Participant

A few algorithm requests I’d personally love to see

– A Dimension style chorus algorithm. Include the 4 stock modes plus the “multiple buttons at once” modes.

-A panning delay algorithm. Controls for panning LFO rate/shape/phase as well as standard delay filters and modulation.

-Port the Eclipse “Manifold Beta” preset as a standalone algorithm. One of the coolest sound on sound presets in existence!

-A few new multi-algos with simplified controls, based on tone “eras” or genres. E.g a detune/delay/verb algo for greasy 80’s rack tones, a fuzz/phaser/echo for 60’s tones or a comp/trem/slapback for country.

-A multiband distortion algorithm with controls for the number of bands, wave shapes and filters. Similar to the source audio Ultrawave.

-An IR loader algo. Amp + Load box or preamp pedal into the H90 with an IR and some verb or delay is a great instant DI tone.

Tourtiere
      Participant

I have one wish, and it’s a stupid big wish, but it might be shared by other users:

A completely new mode of operation, that treats the pedal like two discrete pedals with two separate algorithm playlists.

I audit algorithms to active signal, I hear that I can swap one algorithm with the other maintaining uninterrupted operation.

I would love it if there were a mode in which an H90 loaded two separate simultaneous preset lists, each containing “one algorithm per preset”, and these presets lists were controllable independently— different MIDI channels, so algorithms could be hot-swapped in real time.

Basically, my ask is: “can you make the H90 behave like two H9s chained together?”— essentially, that is what my H90 is replacing!

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

You can achieve something pretty close to this by using the pedal in Dual Mode and always having Preset A on Path 1 and Preset B on Path 2 (this is labelled Pre/Post in the routing menu when using Dual Mode).

You will still need to organize your Programs in groups of 2 Presets together. You can use Presets mode on the pedal or H90 Control to change individual presets.

Tourtiere
        Participant

Indeed I can! Unfortunately I cannot swap out one preset slot for another without loading a completely different program, which reboots the other preset slot and results in interrupting audio.

I know the pedal can do this, swapping out Preset A while leaving Preset B passing audio without interruption— it does so while editing by hand.

Would be amazing if one could program separate playlists that consisted of a series of Presets for each slot that could be hotswapped. Two MIDI channels. (Or some other MIDI solution).

The application of this feature would use useful also in other modes. That said: I feel like what I’m suggesting would require a complete rewrite of the logical architecture and UI; it’s a big ask. Something to consider tho, maybe, it would be a phenomenally powerful thing once implemented

JPublic
      Participant

Dear Eventide,

I have been using the H3000 and DSP4000 in rec studios and it was always impressive.

Would it be feasible to model the in / output stages of the H3000 and make this optional as a vintage mode in the H90?

I could see this being desireable and used by many. Modeling in respect to frequency response, bit depth, sample rate, but also input transformers and this loudness or compression thing that the H3000 has.

Cheers, Jay

Eoin OBrien
      Participant

Hey thank you for the new arrows in the tuner! Fantastic. It feels a touch less jumpy now too, a little more stable, but it may just be because the arrows are easier than just numbers. Thanks, much appreciated.

stellarrays
      Participant

Would it be possible to add the Stutter algorithm that was on the H3000? That was so cool sounding!

Pabloscotty
      Participant

I wish you can add ability to send specified MIDI messages per program (PC mostly) to another device. Right now H90 will send the same PC as selected program. But I want to send for example PC 1 on CH3 when I’m selecting program 34 on H90. I think this is very easy for you brilliant guys to add but It will make H90 the best device on the planet 🙂

Viewing 177 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.