H9 Bluetooth doesn’t connect to MacBook

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Bluetooth doesn’t connect to MacBook

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      silver_mica
      Participant

I’ve got three H9s.  One of them connects to my MacBook, the other doesn’t connect, and I’ve never tried connecting the third to my MacBook.  All three connect to my iPad with zero issues.   Any ideas?

I’ve got a 2015 MBP running Mojave.  My iPad is, I think, an Air 2 (purchased new in late 2014).     

joeydego
      Participant
      silver_mica wrote:

I’ve got three H9s.  One of them connects to my MacBook, the other doesn’t connect, and I’ve never tried connecting the third to my MacBook.  All three connect to my iPad with zero issues.   Any ideas?

I’ve got a 2015 MBP running Mojave.  My iPad is, I think, an Air 2 (purchased new in late 2014).

From what I remember Bluetooth was only supported for iOS and android unless somethings changed.

birthofahero
        Participant
        joeydego wrote:
        silver_mica wrote:

From what I remember Bluetooth was only supported for iOS and android unless somethings changed.

I have two MBP that I connect my H9 with no problem.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
        luedmo
        Participant

hi Bohan
        I’m getting a 404 on the 2 links you gave for debugging pairing H9s on Bluetooth
        If you cd repost them that’d be great
        Thanks

:L

luedmo
        Participant

hi Bohan
        One of the H9s is not linking up
        The display when I turn on Bluetooth (XYZ buttons) says
        “BT E11”
        Then it reverts to the Preset name
        Any clues about BT E11?
        Thanks
        :L
        ps: already reset the Bleutooth device, restarted the MBP etc. so I tried to ‘clean it all out’

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        bohan
        Eventide Staff

That sounds like a hardware issue. You should email support@eventide.com

bohan
        Eventide Staff

Sorry. The old links won’t work because we updated our website. Here they are:

H9 will not Connect to New Macbook Pro Sierra

Bluetooth pairing: H9 and Mac OS Sierra

edthomas1492

I only have one H9 but it would not connect to my MBP until I turned off the bluetooth on my iphone which also has H9 Control installed. I’m sure I would achive the same result if I removed the H9 from my available devices list on my iphone, but it was just easier to turn bluetooth off.

daviddb
      Participant

Apologies if this has already been tried/suggested…

I find that if you choose to manually connect using Bluetooth from H9 Control, higlhlight the pedal you want on the Bluetooth connection screen and then choose “Browse” rather than just double clikcing the H9, it’s more relaible.  It can sometimes take a couple of goes but when it does connect it stays connected and you can repeat the process to have multiple H9’s up in H9 control.

J Brau
      Participant

I can not pair my h9 max with no device, which I could before, but, from nowhere, it stopped, I use original source and everything else.Not the Bluetooth light lights up, I already did everything they suggested, and some more users have the same problem

Pylon7777
      Participant

Same, windows app crashes. Also no bluetooth on pedal. It says bluetooth off and won’t flip. Now tech will cut in and tell me to hit the xyz buttons together which I’ve done to no effect. Had to take this out of my recording rig as it’s way to buggy and unreliable to be used for business.

bohan
        Eventide Staff

Does the Bluetooth LED light up and down when you press the XYZ buttons simultaneously? If it’s lit, it means the Bluetooth is ON.

skywriter
      Participant

i have five H9’s; usb is the least troublesome attachment method. bluetooth drops, doesn’t connect, has connection limitations, it’s really slow, etc… i use an mini4 ipad dedicated to h9 control.

blackmiata
      Participant

I have tried the suggestions for getting my Mac (OS 12.5.7) to connect to my H9. H9 shows up on the Mac as an active Bluetooth device and it says it connects. However, the app controls do not work even when it says it is connected via Bluetooth. iOS on iPhone and iPad work fine. I compose using my Mac. Please advise.

bohan
        Eventide Staff

Do you connect to your H9 in H9 Control? Open H9 Control -> Manually Connect to a device -> Connect via Bluetooth -> Select your H9 and click Browse

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.